Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Houston Rockets interested in making a run at Carmelo Anthony

With Phil Jackson reportedly coming in to the New York Knicks organization, one of his top priorities will be making sure that his best player, Carmelo Anthony, doesn’t opt out of the final year of his deal this summer and hit the open market. But, some suitors could be too much to fend off, and according to the New York Post, the Houston Rockets are one of them.

The Houston Rockets will pursue Carmelo Anthony this offseason, according to a source.

The Rockets won’t have enough cap space to sign Anthony outright, but a sign-and-trade could be an option.

The source said that the Rockets inquired about the availability of Anthony at the deadline. The Knicks have held discussions previously with the Rockets on Omer Asik.

The Knicks could deal Asik and/or Jeremy Lin for Anthony while maintaining cap space for 2015.

Seeing how this could all play out, and if Jackson’s goal is to revitalize the organization from top to bottom, then the draft picks involved in a sign-and-trade could most certainly come in handy.

The prospects of Anthony playing on that already stacked Rockets roster is scary.

vCash
    I think they already have some cap room so don't ask anything less than Lin,Asik,Parsons and their 15' first round pick for Melo,(maybe Shumpert) + felton..
    If they accept this trade i'm all in..if not Phil should tell Morey to kiss his 13 rings ***

vCash
    Well if Phil doesn't want Melo then this would be a nice spot to be able to bring back some nice assets for him.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out melo

vCash
    * 14' 1st r pick

vCash
    IF Melo isn't going to stay OR Phil doesn't want Melo, then it makes sense.

If we got Asik, Lin and one of Parsons/Tjones and maybe DMo for filler + picks, it's a good deal. Asik and Lin both expire in 2015 (not impairing cap space), and it makes Tyson Chandler expendable, who you can also move for picks and even more players.

Asik and Lin combined are $16.6M in cap hit, so it would actually reduce our luxury tax.

I can't see them taking Felton as part of the deal.. the salaries just don't work (Melo's $24m VS Lin/Asik/TJones for $17.5M works, tossing in Felton or Shumps $4M breaks it). AND you have Asik, Lin's and Dmo's bird rights, so you can re-sign them for reasonable contracts if you decide you want to keep any of them.

That said, you can then move Shump+Felton for even more assets assuming you don't want to keep Shumpert... it creates a ton of flexibility.

It all comes down to Melo + PJax. And there's not a ton of teams that could offer us young and useful players with such short contract expirings AND picks so if Melo/PJax doesn't fly, then Houston can probably give us one of the best deals.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Ahahahahahha , their "poison pill' Lin contract came back to bite them in the butt.Good fo them.

vCash
    If we deal Melo to them... We better take back Parsons. I don't want to do it for salary relief...

vCash
    I won't cry if we lose him via S & T while getting a couple pieces back. Houston has some interesting trade scenarios. I still don't think anyone is leaving once Phil comes to town. If Melo leaves Phil its because Phil didn't want Melo.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skoobiesnax69 View Post
    Ahahahahahha , their "poison pill' Lin contract came back to bite them in the butt.Good fo them.
    How is it "biting them in the butt" if he becomes part of a package that nets them Melo, a legitimate All Star?

So, Houston puts in a poison pill, picks up Lin and Asik for nothing, and then they use Lin and Asik as part of a trade package to net Melo. A poison pill that WE end up footing? How is that a BAD thing for Houston?

If anything, it's biting US in the butt. We lose Lin for nothing, then we trade Melo to get him back...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

vCash
    Hey knicks fans, I'am a bulls fan I come in peace!!! but if I were you guys I wouldn't want melo, or nor you shouldn't take back parsons and pay him, because if the heat loses this, or next year it is a great possibility for Durant, LeBron to be free agents!!! knicks and the lakers are sure to get one of them!! and I would definatley build around Durant, or LeBron b4 melo, even though I want him on our team because I think we lack so much scoring!!, so it's something for you guys to think about! you really don't want Durant to come to the east with his team, and LeBron has his team, it would be very , very difficult for melo and the knicks to win a ring then.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 greek nyk View Post
    * 14' 1st r pick
    Knicks need much more back for getting raped by taking back Lin & Asik's bloated deals.
    I do This & their 2015 & 2017 Picks.

We'd have a basis of rebuilding with the promising Terrence Jones & 2 1st round picks in 2015 & get a 2017 (Dolan gave away our 2017 for Bargnani.)

Terrence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4K_n19Ehg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Knicks need much more back for getting raped by taking back Lin & Asik's bloated deals.
    I do This & their 2015 & 2017 Picks.

We'd have a basis of rebuilding with the promising Terrence Jones & 2 1st round picks in 2015 & get a 2017 (Dolan gave away our 2017 for Bargnani.)

Terrence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4K_n19Ehg
    You're overestimating Melo's value in a S&T. IF Melo is walking or Phil doesn't want him, Morey will know that the leverage is about even. Even without Melo the Rockets are a legitimate upper tier Western play off team. Yes, Melo upgrades them but he's one of multiple FA options they can pursue (love, LMA, Bosh, etc).

Melo's only going to want to play in a handful of markets. That severely impairs what you can get back from him in a S&T. It's not like he's going to willingly do a S&T to the Sacramento Kings or the Cavs.

3 or 4 decent to good player/prospects and picks is probably close to as much as we can hope for.

vCash
    If you can get Parsons, Lin & Asik, along with a late 1st, and then clear JR and or Felton off the books in another trade... you could set yourself up with 5 fairly young pieces (Lin, Asik, THJR, Parsons, HOU pick...2015 pick...maybe Shump) AND still have 2 max cap space in 2015.

I wouldn't be too upset about that... but the more I think of it, if we are taking those two contracts and paying Lin & Asik $30m, two guys that could also just walk at the end of the year, we gotta get back Parsons in the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we are taking those two contracts and paying Lin & Asik $30m, two guys that could also just walk at the end of the year, we gotta get back Parsons in the deal.
    We'd have their bird rights, so we could match any offers. It also cuts both ways in that we can let either or both of them walk just to clear cap space.

Honestly, having Lin/Asik locked into multiple year contracts would make it less attractive to me, in that they would be impairing cap space in 2015.

vCash
    ^ I'm sorry I don't think so, parsons will command money as much as 14 million ala loul deng, and other sf, that scores as much as he does.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast