Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Team Wins in a 7-game Series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Miami

15 45.45%
  • 1. Los Angeles

17 51.52%
  • GMs Click Here

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls' Mock Finals: MIA vs. LAC - (Clippers Win Finals)

This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

1. Miami
    PG: Kyrie Irving - Norris Cole - Eric Maynor
    SG: Iman Shumpert - Ray Allen - Marcus Thornton
    SF: LeBron James - Mike Dunleavy - Michael Beasley
    PF: Chris Bosh - Brandon Bass - Reggie Evans
    C: DeAndre Jordan - Chris Anderson - Greg Oden

1. Los Angeles
    PG: Chris Paul - Darren Collison - Patty Mills
    SG: Wesley Matthews - Danny Green - Jeremy Lamb
    SF: Paul Pierce - Gerald Green - P.J. Tucker
    PF: Anthony Davis - Luis Scola - Josh McRoberts
    C: Brook Lopez - Channing Frye - Ed Davis

*** Miami has Home-Court Advantage

vCash
    I'm going LAC here. I love the offense-defense combination of Davis/Lopez and I truly think Anthony Davis has proven this year that he's already a star player. Throw in the fact that Chris Paul would be undressing Kyrie Irving on the offensive end while Matthews-Pierce-Danny Green just rained 3's and that makes LAC just too deadly. I even love that they can slide Davis to C and put in Frye to stretch the floor or even go with a small lineup of Pierce at PF for stretches and let Gerald Green play the role of bench spark.

vCash
    bump

vCash
    Miami in 7. Very very close. Miami would have to step defensivley against LA's second unit, but I feel like LA's inside out game is lacking. LeBron won't have a terrific lockdown defender on him on the perimeter. Miami has a few guys to drive the lane and try to get Davis into foul trouble.

CN.

vCash
    Miami in 5.

vCash
    Clippers. Can't vote since I'm on my phone

vCash
    I would like these teams maybe next time to have coaches assigned to them as well if its possible. I mean in a match up like this, a way a team plays could factor into it a lot. I know Spo (Miami) loves to trap PGs on the pick so that could have helped Kyrie slow down Paul some. Of course there are other coaches and other schemes as well that could help or not help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink182 View Post
    Miami in 7. Very very close. Miami would have to step defensivley against LA's second unit, but I feel like LA's inside out game is lacking. LeBron won't have a terrific lockdown defender on him on the perimeter. Miami has a few guys to drive the lane and try to get Davis into foul trouble.
    I can see voting for Miami but not for this reason. Brook Lopez is one of the top 5 post players in the game and Anthony Davis will draw a ton of attention in the paint as one of the best pick and roll bigs in the league.

vCash
    i'm torn on this... i think LAC is the better built team but I think Lebron would tear Paul Pierce into pieces

vCash
    Sorry I didn't submit a writeup. I had midterms and stuff leading up to Spring Break, I'm free now though.

Here is why Miami would win this series:

Obviously the main reason has to be LeBron James. Pinning Paul Pierce up against LeBron James at this point in Paul's career, LeBron would absolutely destroy Paul in every aspect on offense. Paul would not be able to cover him whatsoever. LeBron would be able to impose his will against this Clippers team, and when the best player in the world is imposing his will, it usually results in victories.

Onto the big men matchups: this is a very even matchup with an offensive PF and defensive C on my team matching up against a defensive PF and an offensive C on his team. The main thing to point out here though that cannot be overlooked, is that Chris Bosh is finally able to play again at his natural PF position. He has never played with a Center like DeAndre Jordan his entire career, someone who is a great defender and a basket protector. Having this beside him, Bosh will be able to focus solely on his matchup, without having to worry about rim protection. When Bosh is in his PF role, he absolutely excels, and I expect him to do that here.

As far as the guards go, some of you may point to Kyrie's poor defense being a concern. But, Kyrie will not see very much time on Chris Paul. Instead, we will have a variety of defenders including Shumpert, Cole, and LeBron all rotating with Kyrie to cover Chris Paul. In most scenarios, when you face a star with such a wide range of very good defenders, it will limit their effectiveness. I think that having 4 players rotate on the coverage of Chris Paul will slow him down enough to limit his offensive efficiency, and overall quality minutes that he plays.

And my bench also cannot be overlooked. My bench gives me the versatility to put a bunch of different lineups out on the floor, because every position has multiple players that can play substantial minutes without missing a beat. I can go with a LeBron-Allen-Dunleavy-Bass-Bosh lineup at times to help spread the floor, or a Cole-Shumpert-LeBron-Bosh-Birdman lineup at times when I went to lockdown defensively. My depth is one of my biggest strengths, and will be a big reason why I win this series.

Overall, LeBron will win this series for me. The Clippers have no answer defensively to LeBron, and with all star help alongside LeBron in Kyrie and Bosh, as well as the defensive stars on my team, I see the Miami Heat winning this series.
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Going LAC. Miami is awesome, but LAC is better at 4 positions and has a much better bench. Bron factor keeps this close, but Cp3 in the PnR with Davis is stupidly awesome and I love the fact LAC can turn to a CP3-Matthews-Green-Pierce-Davis type line-up for insane floor spacing.

Overall, just a slightly better ball-club than Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Another thing I don't like is how Miami plans to defend Paul. There's no one to hide Kyrie on for LAC. Matthews, Green, Pierce, depending who is switched on CP3, can all take serious advantage of Kyrie's D. I can see switching or a few minutes, but Miami's plan is to do it the whole game. No bueno

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

vCash
    I never said the whole game. Kyrie will still see most of his minutes on Paul, the majority. But LeBron, Shump, and Cole will also see their time on CP3
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post

As far as the guards go, some of you may point to Kyrie's poor defense being a concern. But, Kyrie will not see very much time on Chris Paul.

vCash
    I have miami and its not as close as people think.

My x-factor is actually reggie evans. Who i believe will bang Lopez into becoming uninterested like usual.

There is just no answer for Lebron here. Doubles will just amount to Bosh on the three or lobs to DJ.
    Not worried about paul like all of you. If anyone has watched him all year hes being held down in check by mid-level defenders for most of the season, he hasnt gone bonkers often. And i like shump + cole on him, alot.

+ homecourt.... come on now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast