Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Steve Nash Wont Retire Because "I Want the Money"

In a new Grantland video documenting his recovery, he lays it out in simple terms: “The reality is, I’m not going to retire because I want the money.” For The Win

Los Angeles Lakers, Steve Nash
    Arash Markazi: Nash: “You’re going to have people say he’s so greedy he’s got to take this last little bit…Yes, I do. I have to take this last little bit."

I'm not mad at him for getting his money but it seems pretty classless to say it. I wonder if there will be a backlash?

Had someone like AI said this it would've been more infamous then the "practice" thing.

Edit- got this from hoopshype btw

vCash
    Is this real? Where's the link?
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Dont know if true......... but Lakers gave him that contract, dont be upset if hes not willing to stick to his end of the deal and take it because you dont want to pay him anymore.

vCash
    If I'm not mistaken he took somewhat of a pay cut with the Mavs and Phx so he earned the right to be greedy once.

vCash
    My favourite player of all time. And I don't blame him for this, he should have had a chip by now, I say go on, get your money. It's the least you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    I wish more players were openly truthful, not that Nash needs to tell us, we should all know a player incentive are at least partially money driven. Nash has also said that if the Lakers release him under the stretch provision, he would retire, if he were truly greedy, he would sign on with another team, even for the min. I hope the Lakers release him and he signs with Toronto, just as an end of the bench player who can provide something to the team in some capacity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    In a new Grantland video documenting his recovery, he lays it out in simple terms: “The reality is, I’m not going to retire because I want the money.” For The Win

Los Angeles Lakers, Steve Nash
    Arash Markazi: Nash: “You’re going to have people say he’s so greedy he’s got to take this last little bit…Yes, I do. I have to take this last little bit."

I'm not mad at him for getting his money but it seems pretty classless to say it. I wonder if there will be a backlash?

Had someone like AI said this it would've been more infamous then the "practice" thing.

Edit- got this from hoopshype btw
    Nash got divorced not long before signing with the Lakers. And it got fairly nasty before they reached a sealed settlement.

Steve also believed Alejandra only wanted to be in L.A. because California laws could result in her getting increased child support payments.

Ultimately, the court agreed -- according to documents the judge ruled Alejandra failed to prove the move was "in the children's best interests" -- and her relocation request was "motivated, at least in part, by issues surrounding child support, which is an inappropriate basis for relocation."
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/04/steve-...#ixzz2vse2vS4M

Honestly, I don't blame the guy. He's on the last years of his career and he may actually NEED the money for future security.

Should he have been dishonest and not said anything? Maybe. However, I respect that he's honest about it. Not to mention, if he wasn't injured and was instead having an all star season, it's not like the Lakers would voluntarily up his salary.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash

Steve Nash Wont Retire Because "I Want the Money"

If anyone has a problem with him saying it, they are dumb. It's not classless at all.

What's classless is the idiots that say, I need $5M instead of $4M because I have to feed my family. That is stupid.

But if you said to me you can play another year and get paid $10M or whatever he's getting paid, then I'm going to be like yeah I want the money to play a game.

vCash
    Good for him. He earned that contract with a HoF career.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    What is greedy about this?

He was signed to a contract, he wants to get everything that was agreed upon. The Lakers knew his injury history. They had all the medical information on him. It's not Nash's fault that the Lakers training staff is not as good as the Suns training staff. (No team's training staff is. The Suns have the best training staff in all of sports.)

The bottom line is, Nash is old. This is his last contract. He wants the money because he is not going to get another contract. That is being smart, and realistic (which too many professional athletes are not).

Nash has been taking less money to play with contenders his whole career. There is no reason for him to not want to be paid what he was signed for.

And besides all of that, every non-naive fan knows that all athletes are in it for the money. Do they want to win, sure they do. But more than anything, they want to be paid as much money as possible for as long as possible. Most of the time though, they just lie straight to the camera and to their fans and say it isn't about the money. We all know that is buill*****. I wish more athletes would be honest about it, instead of treating the fans like they are stupid.

vCash
    You guys are ridiculous, if Nash was on your team, eating up your salary space, knowing damn well he's never going to play again, you would all be pissed.

He's robbing them. That's all there is to it.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    You guys are ridiculous, if Nash was on your team, eating up your salary space, knowing damn well he's never going to play again, you would all be pissed.

He's robbing them. That's all there is to it.
    Execpt la signed him to 3 years so it's a contract. Live with what you signed him too way to go Nash.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    x2
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I'm never mad about anybody getting their money. But come on man you could've at least said something like "Im coming back because I love the game, I feel I owe it to the team and fans, AND I want that money."

Had another player said this people would be ranting and raving about "this is what's wrong with the NBA....... these players are greedy and selfish....how much do you need...." and blah blah blah.

I just don't see how he gets a pass.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast