Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

Steve Smith anyone?

If he gets released and we could pick him up, we could still draft a guy in the first or second and a TE. That would give 3 legit starters with Smith, Decker and Kerly and the chance for a young guy to learn from smith.
    He is a tough mother ****er and could be very good for Geno.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If he gets released and we could pick him up, we could still draft a guy in the first or second and a TE. That would give 3 legit starters with Smith, Decker and Kerly and the chance for a young guy to learn from smith.
    He is a tough mother ****er and could be very good for Geno.
    I wouldn't mind bringing him in. He did a lot for Cam's confidence since he can really go up and get the ball in traffic and is still a deep threat.

vCash
    He's a solid vet I'd bring him in

vCash
    He's too old and he's lost his speed. Pass.

vCash
    We already had a smith in Holmes. No thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x:28140708
    I'm not really in favor of bringing in Smith because of his age, but he was a still is miles better than Holmes. Literally the only comparison between the two is that they're both under 6 feet tall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    Smith had stretches of being considered the best WR in the league. He's the epitome of toughness, and not a little ***** like Holmes. He'd be a great pick-up, but I don't think we can outbid the Ravens for him.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    He's not even considering us. I would've liked to bring him though. Tough dude and a veteran presence in the locker room. He's still got some left in the tank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Smith had stretches of being considered the best WR in the league. He's the epitome of toughness, and not a little ***** like Holmes. He'd be a great pick-up, but I don't think we can outbid the Ravens for him.
    I completely agree with what you said.
    He was outspoken but not a divisive person and a tough competitor.
    Whereas Holmes was divisive and not a competitor.

If we could somehow grab him, I also think it would be a great guy to have as we develop young WRs. Smith works hard.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    On a one year deal, absolutely, sign him. He's tough and a good leader, could provide a lot of mentorship to Kerley and any other younger guys we draft. His best football is behind him, but I think there are still a few miles on his tread. I recall seeing the catch in the end zone where he was completely hammered, broke his arm...but held onto the ball like nothing happened. Guy plays with a passion that we need on our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    Am I thinking of the wrong Smith who punched his own teammate? I'm saying from a locker room cancer point. Not skill wise and such.

vCash
    I would BUT.......
    Pettigrew/Finley
    Sanders, Edelman, James, Nicks
    Tate/Jones-Drew
    .....all interesting options

vCash
    We need Stephen Smith to sign with the Ravens because it will remove the Ravens from maybe drafting a college wideout that we may have interest in. I'm hoping he signs with the Ravens tomorrow.

vCash
    Most of the time, you're only gonna have 3 WR's on the field. As far as I'm concerned, we know who 2 of those 3 are: Decker and Kerley.

The depth at WR in this draft is such that we're almost gonna have to take 1 at some point. There's going to be a time - 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, maybe 4th but there's gonna be a time when WR is BPA and we should be all over that. So that would be your 3 right there.

Which says to me that if we get another WR in free agency, we should probably be looking for a short-term deal with high upside: a guy like Nicks or Smith would suit this just fine.

Then let that rookie compete to get in the lineup, have him ready in case there's an injury and otherwise just rotate him in and out as the 4th WR.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Most of the time, you're only gonna have 3 WR's on the field. As far as I'm concerned, we know who 2 of those 3 are: Decker and Kerley.

The depth at WR in this draft is such that we're almost gonna have to take 1 at some point. There's going to be a time - 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, maybe 4th but there's gonna be a time when WR is BPA and we should be all over that. So that would be your 3 right there.

Which says to me that if we get another WR in free agency, we should probably be looking for a short-term deal with high upside: a guy like Nicks or Smith would suit this just fine.

Then let that rookie compete to get in the lineup, have him ready in case there's an injury and otherwise just rotate him in and out as the 4th WR.
    I love this idea. I also think that depending on who we draft and grab via FA, there may be a bunch of 2 wr sets.
    That's why I asked about Smith. I think he would be great to teach a young WR how to play. So we bring him in and draft a guy like a cooks, obj, Benjamin, Mathews, Robinson... or draft two guys. They would have a year or two to play and learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast