Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

players to target

All these players will come cheap since we can't afford anything else because JJ chooses to overpay for the services of Tony Romo and Brandon Carr.

1. Daryl Smith- we are weak at the LB position we lack depth and starters for that matter outside of Lee when healthy. Smith is a good Sam LB and we currently don't have one unless we use Holoman. Smith is still a quality player and 1 yr deal would get him done for the low and he can step in and be a starter.

2. Bj Raji- we can step in and steal him from the Packers who have him playing DE when he is a DT in a 4-3. great 1 technique who would be hard to move and would be CHEAP

3. Champ Bailey or Cortland Finnegan- We likely won't draft a FS in the 1st round so might as well throw him back there for 1 year. He should be able to stick with some TE's and most of all he is CHEAP

4. Henry Melton- 3 tech that would be good next to a big nasty up front won't be cheap

5. Ziggy Hood- Depth, depth, depth and he is from Texas so might want to come back for cheap

Time for us to get younger thru the draft and just fill in where can with cheap free agents the younger the better.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    All these players will come cheap since we can't afford anything else because JJ chooses to overpay for the services of Tony Romo and Brandon Carr.

1. Daryl Smith- we are weak at the LB position we lack depth and starters for that matter outside of Lee when healthy. Smith is a good Sam LB and we currently don't have one unless we use Holoman. Smith is still a quality player and 1 yr deal would get him done for the low and he can step in and be a starter.

2. Bj Raji- we can step in and steal him from the Packers who have him playing DE when he is a DT in a 4-3. great 1 technique who would be hard to move and would be CHEAP

3. Champ Bailey or Cortland Finnegan- We likely won't draft a FS in the 1st round so might as well throw him back there for 1 year. He should be able to stick with some TE's and most of all he is CHEAP

4. Henry Melton- 3 tech that would be good next to a big nasty up front won't be cheap

5. Ziggy Hood- Depth, depth, depth and he is from Texas so might want to come back for cheap

Time for us to get younger thru the draft and just fill in where can with cheap free agents the younger the better.
    I like it all.... I would love for holomon to develop into that starting role, but regardless, smith would be great for depth...
    melton is coming off a significant injury.. he shouldn't be that expensive.... I think we might be able to make something happen.
    It all depends on price.... what there asking...

vCash
    I think we have the room for hatch and Melton....I think I would be satisfied going into draft where we can then go either bpa, trade down, etc.

vCash
    if they could get Melton for under 5 million a season they need to do it.
    I wanted us to go after DL in the 1st round but because its so deep I hope we draft a safety because Pryor and Clinton-dix are the only 2 game changers at the safety position... Also Dix can cover like a corner

vCash
    sounds like to me jerry really likes Wilcox. I don't think we take a safety. Wilcox mother died, and he missed a lot of training camp. he showed promise.... I think we need dl line regardless of what we do. even if we sign melton, hatcher... I still would like to draft a stud DE.

vCash
    With Ware and Spencer gone we also need an impact guy at DE... would love to see us address this early in the draft (somewhere in first 3 rounds, no later), and somehow convince a guy like Peppers to sign on the cheap, along with another rotation type DE...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    i have a feeling we will reach in the draft and draft a DE or DT who shouldn't be the 16th pick. My gut feeling is dallas will pass over Aaron Donald and draft Kony Ealy

vCash
    i have a feeling we will reach in the draft and draft a DE or DT who shouldn't be the 16th pick. My gut feeling is dallas will pass over Aaron Donald and draft Kony Ealy
    I doubt it. we might take ealy, but only because aaron is gone...

most drafts have him shooting up the boards, being taken before our pick...

but, look how well it worked last year... we got Fredrick, turned out to be an outstanding pick.

solid, great starter for a decade.

I wouldn't mind getting another no name guy I haven't heard of, if he turns out to be another Fredrick.

vCash
    ^ I have a bad feeling that Aaron Donald won't even be around by 16. The Giants lost some D-linemen and the Steelers are also rumored to like Donald as well. If we lose out on him then I think we trade down and don't mind taking Ealy or R. Hageman later in the first round.

As for FA. I love the idea of Melton and I think he should come cheap. I also liked the idea of Robert Ayers but I don't think it will happen.

Finally, as for a J. Peppers or J. Allen, I think waiting is the best bet to get them cheap. Wait for the market to dry up and see if they are still left and they will be dieing to sign any contract.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    I like melton, but only very cheap. and really not sold on him. our biggest problem is counting on guys that don't see the field. we have guys that always get hurt.. now we are going to sign and depend on another guy who just missed almost the entire season? only for a huge bargain, IMO.

vCash
    Steve smith gave the panthers 5 teams he wanted to be traded to and he had the cowboys on there before he was released, doubt we get him, just find that interesting.

vCash
    i wouldn't mind seeing steve smith in the slot, but I doubt JJ signs him. If we get a WR it will be in the draft are some bum off the streets. I just hope somebody drafts Ealy before Dallas selects because Jerry will like his size and drfat him even though he is not a great pass rusher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    sounds like to me jerry really likes Wilcox. I don't think we take a safety. Wilcox mother died, and he missed a lot of training camp. he showed promise.... I think we need dl line regardless of what we do. even if we sign melton, hatcher... I still would like to draft a stud DE.
    I think they are very low on Wilcox because Heath should have never played in a game let alone start about 9 games, the guy is horrible.

vCash
    the cowboys signs guys like Mincey and McClain...you can rest assured no one with a reputable name will be signed
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    I think they are very low on Wilcox because Heath should have never played in a game let alone start about 9 games, the guy is horrible.
    its not smart to give up on a 3rd round draft pick after 1 year. especially one that showed promise. the kid had a rough season. mother died, knee injury, and still started a few games and made a couple plays....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast