Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Can Blake Griffin ever play defense like Anthony Davis?

It seems like Griffin is every bit as athletic as Davis, if not more. He may be slightly better offensively, but he's definitely not the same presence on defense.

http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/5sFXH

Obviously, with how close the two players are in production, I'd take Davis because of his superior defense and lesser mileage. But Griffin's still young too: Can he ever will himself to play defense like Davis?
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 03-13-2014 at 02:56 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    NOt at all, IMO, the best blake can become is a more tough guy, he will never be a great shot blocker, help defender, but i think if he becomes a tough player, he could be great, even if it was just hard fouling guys at the rim like a Rodman, i think he would at least have better rim presence, but he will never move, block shots, or defend like Davis.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    can he? sure
    will he? probably not

vCash
    Davis has way more length so his defensive upside is way better.

vCash
    Davis is doesn't have an NBA body yet, I think he can David Robinson/KG the game with Defense.
    Blake can't do that. The best he can do is rebound well, solidly defend low post with strength and shot blocking, play passing lanes and try to contain penetration in iso and on Pick and Roll.

Still, he won't have more impact than Davis who can win a game playing Defense.

vCash
    No not at all... Davis hasn't even fully devolved and he's far better than Blake. Yes I think he can better but not to that level.

vCash
    Nope. For all the reasons everyone else said, but most of all he has really short arms. Davis is also elite and will get better. It has nothing to do with him being soft or other hate posters will spew. Blake is a better player right now tho and may always be. I'm not sure who has a higher upside but Blake is a dominant player right now. He is also going to improve.

vCash
    No. Davis is much longer than Blake.
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash

Can Blake Griffin ever play defense like Anthony Davis?

Well you got to think with his athleticism and quickness he could become a very good help defender.

vCash
    I don't think so. I do think in 2 years Anthony Davis may be pushing deservedly for league MVP, and will be the best big in the game. Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, McAdoo, and Mourning are the 5 guys to average 20pts-10boards-3blocks in one of their first two NBA seasons. Him and Shaq are the only ones to do it under age 22. Hes got a smooth shot as well and could be an great free throw shooter (80% for the last 20 games or so). Definitely not the explosiveness offensively of Blake and doesn't have the court vision, but he's made huge strides since his rookie year.

vCash
    Im not convinced that Davis is the superior 2-way player. He definitely doesn't have the vision Blake does, doesn't have the same go-to skillset and defensively, Im not sold on there being much of a difference. In this comparison, what Blake lacks in length, he makes up for with brute strength and intelligence. Davis has the higher potential, its why I was actually in favor of trading him for the #1 pick that year, but that potential has yet to be realized defensively. Hes still maturing physically, still learning the subtleties of nba positioning, I would give him another year of seasoning before I put him on Blakes level.

vCash
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I am going to say probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Davis has way more length so his defensive upside is way better.
    This.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    He has the athleticism and the drive to, but I'm not sure that he has the right build. I wouldn't be surprised if he does but I definitely wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Trwood12; 03-16-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast