Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

Anyone else get the feeling this isn't the year? In a good way.

Watching things transpire makes me think that Idzik has a plan and it may not involve chasing a title this year or even next but rather build a very, strong foundation through the draft.
    He could, of course, blow my theory out of the water by signing Revis and a couple other high priced FAs but I am getting a good feeling about this offseason, even if that means we do nothing but keep releasing people and gaining cap space.
    We have 12 picks this year. That could field one side of a team. We are getting younger and more athletic.
    We will need patience if this is the case but in a few years or less, we will see the results.

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Watching things transpire makes me think that Idzik has a plan and it may not involve chasing a title this year or even next but rather build a very, strong foundation through the draft.
    He could, of course, blow my theory out of the water by signing Revis and a couple other high priced FAs but I am getting a good feeling about this offseason, even if that means we do nothing but keep releasing people and gaining cap space.
    We have 12 picks this year. That could field one side of a team. We are getting younger and more athletic.
    We will need patience if this is the case but in a few years or less, we will see the results.
    I understand Kinko that you don't go out and blow the 40 million in one day, but why should Jets fans have to wait potentially 3 or 4 years for Idzik's plan to POSSIBLY work? Say what you want, but if the Jets aren't playoff bound this coming year, Idzik may start getting some heat!
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 03-12-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I understand Kinko that you don't go out and blow the 40 million in one day, but why should Jets fans have to wait potentially 3 or 4 years for Idzik's plan to POSSIBLY work? Say what you want, but if the Jets aren't playoff bound this coming year, Idzik may start getting some heat!
    Because that is how you build a championship team. Don't do the typical the New York thing of quick fixing. It does't work i.e. knicks, Nets, Rangers...
    Rome wasn't build in a day. Same goes for a successful franchise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    Because that is how you build a championship team. Don't do the typical the New York thing of quick fixing. It does't work i.e. knicks, Nets, Rangers...
    Rome wasn't build in a day. Same goes for a successful franchise
    And let's say we go that route and we aren't winning. Still going to be patient? If you aren't trying to do what's necessary to win championships, then step aside and get a GM in there that wants to!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    And let's say we go that route and we aren't winning. Still going to be patient? If you aren't trying to do what's necessary to win championships, then step aside and get a GM in there that wants to!
    Izdik doesn't want to be a 2 pump chump.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    I don't think Idzik wants to invest in too many older players at this point (which is why I am kind of surprised over the reported interest in MJD) but this team was on the verge of making the playoffs this past year..

Why would anyone want to move backwards at this point?..

A good free agent signing period and a better draft and this team could become very dangerous very fast..

vCash
    I think we go 6 -10 maybe 5-11. I Think we take a step back!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    For ****s sake Kinko, if you had waited till this morning, you never would have posted this crap.

I go to bed we got nothing. I wake up, we got a WR and an OT

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    No I don't feel this will be a bad year.

On Revis....my knee jerk reaction is we have to. But let's get to reality. His holdouts and constant threat of demanding more money didn't work for us.

My opinion is that it serves as a warning that no single player can hold us hostage like that again.

Also, he was injured. Perhaps Rex sees some flaws in his game currently and perhaps they feel he ISN'T as good as he used to be.

Can anyone here prove otherwise? I don't mean show me pre injury Jets clips. I mean show me consistent proof from last year on the Bucs.

We need to get past this Revis infatuation. Though he knows us well, Rex also knows his tendencies.

Idzik has been consistent. There's a plan and he's stuck to it.

Was Idzik ever quoted saying the Jets were going to go nuts in FA? I believe he's stuck to his guns and I'm fine with it. A young team, not corrupted by past influence from other teams. A team witha great ddefensive core and with a growing offense schooled from day 1 on Jets philosophy.

I'm good and think we'll make the playoffs.

vCash
    Idzik, Lets see." WHY IS MARK SANCHEZ STILL HERE!!! That's another 12 million in cap space( Not Much Players Left). The Jets still have 25 Million left? Let me see the Genius. Im from New York and have been a New Sports fan all my life. I've seen my case of bad General Managers Idzik is looking like one to be honest. 50 Million in Cap Space and 12 Picks.

If the team doesn't turn around in 2 years. He should be fired!!

vCash
    The problem here is, if the Jets don't make the playoffs this year, Rex may be fired. If they don't make the playoffs the following year, there is no chance Rex is still here.

Additionally we are already the youngest team in the NFL (or at least starter wise)
    Our 12 draft picks are great, but how many are low round picks that are highly likely to be cut or lifetime special team players? 6th 7th round gems are not common.

Trust me, I don't want old free agents on big contracts...but there were plenty of young free agents we missed that could help us over the next 4 years
    Last edited by Larry M; 03-14-2014 at 04:52 AM.

vCash

If thats what he has in mind then he needs to make it crystal clear that Rex is NOT coaching for his job this year, that he's here for the long haul, otherwise it will be criminal if we go 6-10 and Rex gets canned over it.