Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

First base: "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought'd do any good"

Hopefully everyone recognized that quote from War Games. But it came to mind when i saw Eric Campbell's second inning double today to bring his Spring Record to 7-17 for a .411 batting average. Now obviously it's ST so you can throw those numbers out the window.

But in the minor leagues the now 26-year-old was a veritable on base machine, albeit not with much power. But geez, in 120 games last year he hit .314 with an OBP of well over .400.

I understand those are PCL numbers from Las Vegas but it wasn't like he was crashing the ball with previously unseen power. His high OBP tells me he's got a decent approach.

I dunno, I'd just rather see him than Duda and Davis. Of course, I also like my boy Satin and I know you can't platoon two righties at first base. But i wouldnt write this guy off.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 03-12-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Campbell might be another Satin at best. More backup QB syndrome. Can mash gas, but against a decent breaking ball? Nope. Martinez made him look like a fool in the 2nd AB.
    Last edited by WrightStuff82; 03-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    He is on track to be a Satin type, but there is a big difference between a guy who has done it in the big leagues and a guy who hasn't.

You never know if a guy like that is going to be a major league player. I saw enough from Satin to see that he is a legit big leaguer. That doesn't necessarily mean his is a starter though, but its important to see any career minor leaguer translate smoothly into the big leagues.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    I agree. He's most likely a fringe AAAA/ML bench player.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Yeah, he is another Satin, but may be able to play other positions better. I can't say for sure he does because I have not seen much of him outside LF and 3B.

vCash
    I like that Campbell makes solid contact and doesn't K too much. I'm afraid that if Satin's BABIP tanks, he'll be useless. Like Satin, Campbell destroys lefties, but he has flexibility to play the OF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I agree. He's most likely a fringe AAAA/ML bench player.
    That's probably better than Lawley at the end of the day, just my opinion...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Campbell might be another Satin at best. More backup QB syndrome. Can mash gas, but against a decent breaking ball? Nope. Martinez made him look like a fool in the 2nd AB.
    You're probably right but he seems to be a stronger, more powerful hitter than Satin even with the lack of power numbers throughout his career. LOL, I have to agree with you on the deuce though. Think a caucasian version of Pedro Cerrano.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Pissing on a spark plug doesn't seem like a great idea.

Besides, how would that help us get a 1st baseman?

This thread makes no sense.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Neither do our first basemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    That's probably better than Lawley at the end of the day, just my opinion...
    Haha. You crack me up.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

Well I mean the electrical shock is bound to create ideas.

vCash

Yeah, but wouldn't it be awesome to see him piss on a spark plug?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Haha. You crack me up.
    LOLley's got a long swing and he's not patient

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    LOLley's got a long swing and he's not patient
    He's got power, and patience can be taught.. If you can hit 25-30 HR's other gaps become easier to overlook. A year from now, you'll be onboard.

-Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast