Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 64 (3-12-14): Kings (22-42) @ Sixers (15-45)

@
    Sacramento Kings - Philadelphia 76ers

Date: Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
    Time: 7:00 PM EST
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Kings Cousins 22.2 Thomas 6.3 Cousins 11.7
    Sixers Young 17.6 MCW 6.3 Young 6.1

The Philadelphia 76ers continue to inch closer to the longest losing streak in team history.

If their recent efforts against the Sacramento Kings are any indication, they may be able to finally end their woes Wednesday night.

Hoping to avoid an 18th consecutive loss, the 76ers go for an 11th win in 12 games against the Kings.

It's been six weeks since Philadelphia (15-48) last tasted victory, a stretch during which it's been outscored by 19.0 points per game. The skid is the 76ers' longest since dropping a franchise-worst 20 straight in 1972-73.

"I am trying not to think about it," rookie Michael Carter-Williams said following Monday's 123-110 loss at New York. "We lose and we have to move on to the next one. I can't dwell on us losing 17 in a row. It's not doing nothing for me, it's not doing nothing for the team, coaching staff, nobody.

"People are writing about it and that's fine, but we are going to stay focused as a team."

Carter Williams recorded his second triple-double with 23 points, a season-high 13 rebounds and 10 assists.

"People are going to see the numbers, and the numbers are the numbers," coach Brett Brown said. "I think he's just continuing to grow leadership-wise, You look over and see him making a team huddle after a free throw. ... I see an emerging leader, I see a point guard that's starting to figure some stuff out.

"These stats may say he played well, I see something a little bit deeper."

Aside from Carter-Williams' play, Philadelphia has reason to be excited with Sacramento coming to town. The 76ers have won 10 of 11 in the series, taking the last four meetings by an average of 14.8 points.

Thaddeus Young led the way with 28 points and Tony Wroten scored 21 off the bench as Philadelphia pulled out a 113-104 victory in Sacramento on Jan. 2.

The Kings (22-42) are looking to avoid a fourth straight loss after falling 99-89 at Detroit on Tuesday. They took a two-point lead into halftime before scoring 11 points in the third, their fewest in any quarter this season.

"We lost that game in the third quarter," coach Michael Malone said. ''We did not come out ready to play."

Sacramento, shooting 23.1 percent from 3-point range over a five-game stretch, went 3 for 15 from beyond the arc. The Kings also struggled from the foul line, going 6 of 17 in the second half.

"We just make too many small mistakes during the game," center DeMarcus Cousins said. "We're making things too hard on ourselves. They came to play, and they made it tough for us, but we are hurting ourselves."

Cousins had 14 rebounds and a career-high six blocks, but he was limited to 13 points while shooting 5 of 15. He finished with 33 points and 14 boards in the first meeting with Philadelphia.

Isaiah Thomas scored 23 in that game and is averaging 24.0 in his last three matchups against the 76ers.

The Kings are 18-6 when scoring at least 105 points and the 76ers give up an average of 111.0 points to rank last in the NBA. Philadelphia has surrendered 115.2 per game during the losing streak.

Sacramento is 3-10 on the road against Eastern Conference teams, while Philadelphia is 1-12 at home against the West.
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Brandon Davies, F: Out (finger)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Sacramento:
    Carl Landry, C: Out (knee)

vCash
    Not that it really matters but I was bored so...

There may be some mistakes.

vCash
    Looks great. Seriously, nice job man.

As for the game... Didn't get a chance to watch at all. Saw we were up in the first quarter, and I heard Sims was giving Cousins all he could handle.

I really would like to see us win one more game. For the players' sakes, for Brett Brown, and for the Sixers to avoid that all time record of futility... I think Milwaukee is gonna catch us anyways. But I just don't know if it's gonna happen. Oh well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Looks great. Seriously, nice job man.

As for the game... Didn't get a chance to watch at all. Saw we were up in the first quarter, and I heard Sims was giving Cousins all he could handle.

I really would like to see us win one more game. For the players' sakes, for Brett Brown, and for the Sixers to avoid that all time record of futility... I think Milwaukee is gonna catch us anyways. But I just don't know if it's gonna happen. Oh well
    This was the game to get. Our next slate of games are all against playoff teams except NYK. I know we all want to continue to lose as much as possible but I don't want this team to set the record for consecutive losses either. I really just want to win another game before getting to that record.