Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

O.S.Q.O.T.D.: What Orlando's ceiling have been had they not traded Webber?

Shaq and Webber could have been teammates and could have been the best power forward/center combo the game had ever seen. With Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson, Horace Grant and Scott Skiles, it seems the would have had he right pieces to win.

Would this team have been able to win multiple championships?

On a side note, the Magic got Penny + 4 first rounders in the trade, but one of the picks got shipped around from team to team and eventually went back to GSW, who used it to draft Vince Carter before again trading it to Toronto.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    In hindsight they should have kept Webber. But a healthy Penny would have made that team easily good enough to win it all, had he and Shaq stayed together in Orlando and Penny didn't suffer his injuries.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    doubt it, liked the dynamic between penny and shaq anyways(was probably the better player that web pre-injuries).the big saving that would have come for orl was that they would have had a ready replacement for shaq as he would have still bolted for l.a. in '96(also they wouldnt have gone after grant if they had webber)
    Last edited by abe_froman; 03-12-2014 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Didn't know that the Magic could have had Vince Carter with one of those picks. This is why teams should horde picks and only trade them if you know for sure they will fetch a late pick or that the player your trading for is proven.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Webber wouldn't have been around that long. Neither player could've reached full potential playing with each other. Shaq demands the entire paint with a stretch 4 for spacing, and C Webb is a point forward you can run a offense through plus likes to post.

Not a good fit.

vCash
    Allow me to be the first to say I would have LOVED the fit. A true high-post PF who could shoot, pass, and dribble with one of the most dominant low-post players of all-time? Tell me how this is a bad thing again? Surrounded by shooters like Nick Anderson, 3D Dennis Scott, and Scott Skiles?

vCash
    I doubt it. I think you would have had quite the blowup with two of the best bigs arguing over who was the alpha dog pretty quickly with that lineup. Penny had a pretty amazing finals the year they got swept against the rockets. and was a great point guard at the time who created a lot of plays and mismatches for teams.

And remember. Webber was hurt a lot in his first few years. Penny was a lot more productive than Webber while Shaq was in Orlando. I doubt anyone could have kept Shaq there. He knew he would win, he wanted the market. Penny was the brightest up and coming playmaker, coming off back to back all star appearances going into his 4th year when Shaq left.

vCash
    Maybe the conference Finals.

vCash

O.S.Q.O.T.D.: What Orlando's ceiling have been had they not traded Webber?

Penny and Shaq was fine. Health and ego is the only thing that stopped them from being a dynasty.

I think similar result if they keep webber

vCash
    If shaq had better demeanor he couldve been GOAT.
    Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo

vCash
    Imagine shaqs prime body with duncans mind
    Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Imagine shaqs prime body with duncans mind
    Better yet imagine his body with MJ killer mentality OMG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Webber wouldn't have been around that long. Neither player could've reached full potential playing with each other. Shaq demands the entire paint with a stretch 4 for spacing, and C Webb is a point forward you can run a offense through plus likes to post.

Not a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    I doubt it. I think you would have had quite the blowup with two of the best bigs arguing over who was the alpha dog pretty quickly with that lineup. Penny had a pretty amazing finals the year they got swept against the rockets. and was a great point guard at the time who created a lot of plays and mismatches for teams.

And remember. Webber was hurt a lot in his first few years. Penny was a lot more productive than Webber while Shaq was in Orlando. I doubt anyone could have kept Shaq there. He knew he would win, he wanted the market. Penny was the brightest up and coming playmaker, coming off back to back all star appearances going into his 4th year when Shaq left.
    I think these are the two reasons they made the trade. In my mind, it seems clear that talent wise, a great coach would have made those two work. Shaq played with another big at LSU (Stanley Roberts, who was big enough that Shaq played power forward as a freshman), and other bigs, like Hakeem had Thorpe, while Ewing had Oakley and Charles Smith and DRob and Tim Duncan...

But I think both of you guys raise great points. Skill/talent, it COULD have worked VERY well in 2000, but in 94 I think they both wanted to be in the paint a lot. Charlotte was watching two great bigs (LJ and Mourning) butt heads with ego and I think Shaq hd a hand in Orlando moving that pick for Penny due to ego. There would have been issues. But if they could have put that aside, they might have been better than Duncan and Robinson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DillyDill View Post
    Better yet imagine his body with MJ killer mentality OMG

Jordan inside Shaq' body... yeah.... I don't care what NBA players you put around that guy... he gets a ring every year he's not injured in the playoffs.

Shaq was dominante, but with his gifts, he could have been so much more dominant if he had the mind of Jordan or Malone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Jordan inside Shaq' body... yeah.... I don't care what NBA players you put around that guy... he gets a ring every year he's not injured in the playoffs.

Shaq was dominante, but with his gifts, he could have been so much more dominant if he had the mind of Jordan or Malone.
    Exactly man I'm glad you see this. Knowing how MJ improved his own game every year, I'm 1000% sure he would of cleaned up all of Shaq's flaws. Could you imagine a 70% or better Free Throw shooting Shaq OMG. Or better yet Shaq with a more all-round game like a JUMPER OMFG. One just wonders why Shaq didn't tapp into he's full potential

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast