Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kobe has No Intrest in Playing for D'antoni

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently going through perhaps the worst season in franchise history. Nothing went right this season from losing Dwight Howard in free agency and Kobe Bryant going down with another major injury.

As if the Lakers heading toward a high pick in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft wasn’t odd enough, the storied franchise will be without Kobe for the rest of the season.

– Lakers Nation Store Is Back! Check Out The Latest Gear! –

According to Sean Deveney of Sporting News, not only is Kobe done for the year, but he may also be done playing for head coach Mike D’Antoni:

Bryant, sources said, has “no interest” in playing for D’Antoni next season, and wants a new coach in place for the ’14-’15 season.

After it was announced that Kobe would not return this season, the five-time NBA champion talked about a number of different things with the media. Mostly, Kobe emphasized change and wanting the Lakers to be back to form next season rather than waiting to pickup a potential game-changer like Kevin Love in the summer 2015.

Kobe knows his time is running out and may have finally come to the conclusion that he won’t be walking off into the sunset with a sixth ring under D’Antoni.

Obviously, this is speculation at this point, but D’Antoni has been rumored to be on his way out with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith stating that fact recently.

It’ll be interesting to see how things pan out and if Kobe’s comments force the Lakers front office to make some drastic changes before next season.
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...on/2014/03/12/

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    beat me to it
    Sim League SuperSonics 1 Time NBA Sim Champions

Westbrrok-KCP-Hayward-Nicko T/Noel - Noah

vCash
    Good riddance ya **** tard dantoni.

vCash

again with the "sources"....and now Steven A is giving "facts"?

Kobe has no interest in playing for anyone but Kobe. Why wait for Kevin Love.....don't you all know superstars fall from the sky?

vCash
    That's what I'm talking about....I've been waiting for Kobe to apply the smackdown on D'Antoni.....Now if we can get it applied to Nash, We will be headed on the right path.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laker2dodger View Post
    Question: Who the **** is Sean Deveney, and who are his sources? I'm being very serious right now. Give me some legitimate sources or stfu.

This is complete bull**** until I see Kobe saying it on camera or we start to get persistent, swirling reports about this and Kobe does nothing to refute them.

As it stands, this is an absolute non-story that is completely unsourced, and the only thing I'd expect is that in 6 months some junior reporter for a freakin' garage blog will say "Kobe, what about reports you won't play for Dantoni?" and Kobe will just scoff and laugh and say he never heard of that bull****.

So, the next move is yours, "Sean Deveney".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Question: Who the **** is Sean Deveney, and who are his sources? I'm being very serious right now. Give me some legitimate sources or stfu.

This is complete bull**** until I see Kobe saying it on camera or we start to get persistent, swirling reports about this and Kobe does nothing to refute them.

As it stands, this is an absolute non-story that is completely unsourced, and the only thing I'd expect is that in 6 months some junior reporter for a freakin' garage blog will say "Kobe, what about reports you won't play for Dantoni?" and Kobe will just scoff and laugh and say he never heard of that bull****.

So, the next move is yours, "Sean Deveney".
    Did you watch the Kobe interview today?? He hinted about how next season it starts with what kind of system they want to run. Than goes on to say "And then it goes down to the coaching staff, and what Mike is going to do.... What they want to do with Mike."

He's obviously not going to come out and say: "Yea we should go ahead and fire Mike right now." Especially since this team is going no where right now... Might as well let him finish leading the tank to the finish line, than let him go.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Kobe strongly indicated in his press conference earlier today that he was unhappy with Jim, Jeannie, and Mike D'Antoni, and that they need to start this summer from the top in making decisions. D'Antoni is gonna be gone, but if Kobe wants help to win, he better give the sales pitch of the century to convince Lebron James to come. The question is, who the **** would wants to play with Kobe? He's coming off two major injuries, insists on getting his 20-25 fga/game, oh yeah and Kobe has managed to hog practically half the salary cap for the next 2 years with his $48.5 million extension. Can he pull his $24 million a season weight in production, and can he even stay healthy? Yeah, the premier free agents Lebron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Dirk etc aren't going to be flocking to come play with the Lakers lol. And if we managed to trade for a star, he'd leave like Dwight lol.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash

Countdown baby!!!!
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    It was necessary that he go regardless of how Kobe felt about him. Awkwardly enough, it seems other guys like playing for him

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Hey Ya'll! I've been a big fan of this forum for a while and i'm glad i finally made an account

vCash

Who's dupe are you?
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Jemima View Post
    Hey Ya'll! I've been a big fan of this forum for a while and i'm glad i finally made an account
    Glad you are on board ...

When is the pancake breakfast ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gr824 View Post
    Glad you are on board ...

When is the pancake breakfast ?
    By pancake breakfast you mean sex right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    It was necessary that he go regardless of how Kobe felt about him. Awkwardly enough, it seems other guys like playing for him
    Nash and Blake and some others that love to jack shots and win crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast