Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,725
    vCash
    1500

    Will the Wings make the playoiffs?

    Will the Wings keep their playoff run alive? If they manage to get some of their injured players back, I think they will.

    Currently they have Zetterberg (out for the season), Datsyuk, Weiss, Helm, and Andersson out at center. Cleary, Sammy, and now Jurco out on the wings. I think Datsyuk and Helm are the 2 differene makers. Weiss....don't know.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,419
    vCash
    1500
    Nope. Our defense blows, goaltending is mediocre at best, and our offense is super inconsistent. You would think with like half of our offense out the defense and goaltending would step up their game right? Nope. Couple that with the fact that we are the most un-clutch team in the league and the streak will be broken this year. I'll still enjoy watching the youngsters play however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,894
    vCash
    3312
    Pulkkinen will take us to the promised land.

    Seriously though, no, the streak ends this year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,214
    vCash
    2000
    Hate to say it but no they will not. Injuries have killed anything good this team could have done. I want to say next year we will be back but with all the injuries prone players we can't be sure. I love Pavs and Z but I'm not going to be comfortable depending on them staying healthy next year. We need to find some secondary scoring (whether F.A., prospects already here, or through trade) that can help carry the team when the two of them inevitably miss time.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,419
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Hate to say it but no they will not. Injuries have killed anything good this team could have done. I want to say next year we will be back but with all the injuries prone players we can't be sure. I love Pavs and Z but I'm not going to be comfortable depending on them staying healthy next year. We need to find some secondary scoring (whether F.A., prospects already here, or through trade) that can help carry the team when the two of them inevitably miss time.
    I'd argue we already have pretty solid secondary scoring. Franzen, Nyquist, Legwand, Alfredsson, and then the kid line is about as solid as secondary scoring gets. The problem is our main guys are all out at the same time. Our offense hasn't even been the biggest problem either. It's the goaltending and defense. I can't even remember the last time we only allowed one or two goals, yet alone a shutout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,894
    vCash
    3312
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I'd argue we already have pretty solid secondary scoring. Franzen, Nyquist, Legwand, Alfredsson, and then the kid line is about as solid as secondary scoring gets. The problem is our main guys are all out at the same time. Our offense hasn't even been the biggest problem either. It's the goaltending and defense. I can't even remember the last time we only allowed one or two goals, yet alone a shutout.
    Plus I'd say there have been too many mental lapses in general. I can't ever remember seeing so many goals in the 1st or last minute of a period. It happens over and over, we'll give up a goal like 15 seconds into the game, then play great til 30 seconds left and give up another.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    3000
    Man, I will be the outcast and say we will make it to the playoffs! It all rides on the youngsters and believe they will carry us to it. Now do we win a game in the first round? Ha, anything could happen in the playoffs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,135
    vCash
    1000
    I don't think so but I won't rule it out..... ****ing injuries
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams



    Davante Adams


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    473
    vCash
    1500
    My money is that we miss it by 2 points. I honestly would rather have the boys just blow the rest of the season and get into the highest drafting spot as we can at this point.
    Is there any way that we get rid of Holland?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    3000
    Is getting rid of Holland really the answer? I just do not see that happening anytime soon, he is one of the best GMs in the league. If he does leave the Wings' position, wouldn't be surprised to see him as the new Commissioner. If that happens, bring in Stevie Y

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    1500
    Such a long streak. And to think it will all come to an end. Quite a shame, actually....


    "Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,725
    vCash
    1500
    Jurco may be out for a month. The injuries are my main concern. If the Wings could get a few of their key forwards back, I still think they have a chance. You have to remember, this is the same defense and goalie that not only got the Wings into the playoffs, but also into a 7th game of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Howard needs to get hot and steal a few games.....okay, a bunch of games.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moncton, NB
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1000
    God damn guys! How can we give up on them. Last season is no different. We were fighting for our lives and did it. We are battling with teams that can be just as bad as us. This is a weaker conference and we need to take advantage of this. Get some injured guys back, start to finally build some chemistry and we are back in this. I know our goaltending has been shaky, but Howard was like this last season too and he was absolutely lights out down the stretch and the playoffs.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeznWingz View Post
    God damn guys! How can we give up on them. Last season is no different. We were fighting for our lives and did it. We are battling with teams that can be just as bad as us. This is a weaker conference and we need to take advantage of this. Get some injured guys back, start to finally build some chemistry and we are back in this. I know our goaltending has been shaky, but Howard was like this last season too and he was absolutely lights out down the stretch and the playoffs.
    I know, I came in here and the first 5 or so posts were saying absolutely not. Haha can't lose faith just yet, I'll save that for the 82nd game of the season. Until then, I'll believe we have a chance to make the playoffs. If we're aware of the streak, I can guarantee the players are and i'm sure non of them want to be a part of the team that broke the streak.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,419
    vCash
    1500
    Howard played very well yesterday, but that is one of the worst games I've seen the Wings play in a while. Only against the Oilers do we win that game. We need Howard to play like that every game if we're going to have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •