Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins in a 7-game series?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • OptiMized

1 33.33%
  • TO Rapz

0 0%
  • GM's click here

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Official Leafs forum re-draft faceoff |Round 3: OptiMized v. TO Rapz|

The 3rd round of our game. Congratulations to Halladay for advancing with a 6-3 victory over KingerSox. Halladay will now move into the GOLD bracket while KingerSox will move into the GHETTO GOLD bracket.

If you would like to see the full length rules/explanation, refer to this first post: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-1-DIRK-v-Jays

Onto this weeks match-up. OptiMized v. TO Rapz

OptiMized held picks #5 in draft 2003, #4 in draft 2004, and #3 in draft 2005
    Halladay held picks #6 in draft 2003, #5 in draft 2004, and #4 in draft 2005

OptiMized

Blake Wheeler - David Backes - Corey Perry
    Drew Stafford - Martin Hanzal - Ryan Callahan
    Andrew Cogliano - Kyle Broadziak - Carl Soderberg
    Trow Brouwer - Brian Boyle - Tom Pyatt

Brent Seabrook - Marc Staal
    Matt Carle - M.A. Vlasic
    Nik Grossmann - JakubKindl

Ondrej Pavelec
    Karri Ramo
    Brian Elliot
    TO Rapz
    Thomas Vanek - Patrice Bergeron - Bobby Ryan
    Loui Eriksson - Paul Statsny - Patric Hornqvist
    Mason Raymond - Dave Bolland - Tim Kennedy
    Paul Bisonnette - Tim Brent - Mike Brown

Alex Edler - Marc Methot
    Tobias Enstrom - Alexei Emelin
    Kris Rusell - Adam McQuaid

Cory Schneider
    Mike Brodeur

Any thoughts and/or opinions you have on teams is greatly appreciated. Try and keep it complimentary, we are just having fun. You can vote using the poll as well as let us know why on the comments. Thanks!

vCash
    This one looks like a fairly even matchup, I think Opti has the slight edge on D where as TO has the better offense, I love his top 6. Gonna mull it over before I vote.

vCash
    If we decide to do another re-draft here at some point after this faceoff is finished we should try something like this..

Get 4 or 5 of us from the Leafs thread to team up and go against 4 of 5 other posters from another teams forum. We figure out the order between each forum and then the order of who picks for that team. Say me, guy X, Y and Z are on a team against another forum. Say I pick our first player, other team goes, then teammate X would pick, then the other team picks again, then next guy from our team and we would see which forum puts the best team together. If anyone's down for that in future I wonder which forum would be willing to take us on.

Leafs forum vs Red Wings forum or Bruins forum, Rangers, whatever. I think we might have one of the more active forums so it might be hard to find a match as far as # of posters. Maybe Leafs forum vs the rest of PSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    If we decide to do another re-draft here at some point after this faceoff is finished we should try something like this..

Get 4 or 5 of us from the Leafs thread to team up and go against 4 of 5 other posters from another teams forum. We figure out the order between each forum and then the order of who picks for that team. Say me, guy X, Y and Z are on a team against another forum. Say I pick our first player, other team goes, then teammate X would pick, then the other team picks again, then next guy from our team and we would see which forum puts the best team together. If anyone's down for that in future I wonder which forum would be willing to take us on.

Leafs forum vs Red Wings forum or Bruins forum, Rangers, whatever. I think we might have one of the more active forums so it might be hard to find a match as far as # of posters. Maybe Leafs forum vs the rest of PSD.
    Bruins forum would just pick all their players because they're the best in the league lol. But I like that idea, pretty sure we would win.

vCash
    Yeah but nobody who picked in the draft would be able to vote. So what they thought of their players would mean nothing. Same as what we thought of ours. I think it'd be pretty fun but it would take a while to coordinate. I'd be willing to put work into making it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post

I like this idea. So you want this to be it then? For our redraft. I could see what forum is interested in going against us. Seeing as though the B's and Wings fans are the most active, i'll ask the Flyers guys first. They are super active in their forum and never come out in the NHL forum. That way we get all the NHL forum regulars to vote and we don't lose any voters.

I'll see what i could do though. I'm trying to come up with some games like the Loonie game that is quick an simple to post and create. The redraft takes up so much time for me to organize and stuff. I normally use my between class time and off time to post those things or type them up in word and save for when i need to post them. If you guys want i can keep doing the redraft but only as a organizer from now on. That way you guys pick and i'll just post threads.

vCash
    ^
    Throw a worm in the water and see which forum bites. The re-draft would take a while, but when finished would be a great debate. Figure out how many players per team, and figure how many posters for teams accordingly. Once it gets going, if it does, I can look after posting results of the draft in the thread up to date and who's on the clock ect. to take some time off of your hands. Let me know what I can help with. I'd just love for our forum to team up against another. I think it'd be fun.

vCash
    I just posted in the Philly forum. I don't want to spam every forum because if more than one bites then it's pretty awkward telling them we're gonna go with another forum lol. I like the Philly guys, they have some good debates in there. I think they really know their hockey.

We could do just 1 draft and pick 2 rounds. By the end each team would have 30 players, so they could really build a lineup. I might even add a cap portion to it, since i'll be running it, that i will be in charge of (maybe i could ask Sens to help me with that seeing as he's a mod). You could pick Crosby+Ovi+Malkin but you have to pay them BUT you'd have to keep in mind that the cap is there and still need a defense. I like that idea, make a little more of a brain teaser.

vCash
    I like all the above ideas, this fantasy draft nonsense is pretty fun. Let us unite and destroy whoever gets put in front of us.

vCash
    And have a chatzy for us so we can discuss who our team will select in the "war room" lol

vCash
    IMO, my offense and goaltending are much better than his. I don't see how I lose.

My top 6 is far superior to his. Hanzal is a good 3C, a bad 2C. Callahan's a good player, but the form he's in right now, he's a 3rd liner (especially with Hanzal). Stafford is one of those guys you try and plug in to the top 6 and he never works out. He's so inconsistent and sucky 75% of the times, then he has a random season where he does decent and everyone qualifies him as a top 6. That 2nd line is a 3rd line.

My offense >>> his IMO, and Schneider >>>>>>>> Pavelec.

vCash
    Not to mention Raymond and Bolland's 3rd line chemistry, Tim Kennedy is also a solid 3rd liner instead of an out of place center in Cogliano playing LW (although I admit he could probably work there). I just think my offense has a lot more firepower.

vCash
    Congrats to TO for winning this round (these votes+NHL forum). You built a great team.

vCash
    Thanks but isn't it 4-4?

vCash
    Yea. I give you the tie-breaker though. My goaltending just wasn't up to snuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast