Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors Are Being Slept On

First off, no Rockets fans allowed, they don't understand anything if it has to do with he Warriors. In the first half of the season the Warriors had two major issues, turnovers and the worst bench in the NBA. Let me break it down.

Starting Five:

The Warriors have the best starting five in the league. They have four players in the top five in +/-, Iguodala 1st (+463), Curry 3rd (+462), Lee 4th (+429) and Thompson 5th (+426). Only one other team in the league has multiple players in the top ten. The Warriors starters outscore opponent starters 77 to 66.8.

Bench Play:

The Warriors had the worst bench in the NBA before the all-star break. Pre all-star weekend they were being outscored 31.5 to 24.1 a night and only playing 70 minutes a night. Since the all-star break (Addition of Steve Blake and Jermaine O'Neal getting healthy) the Warriors bench is outscoring the opponents bench 38.3 to 32.1. That's a +13.3 difference. Not only that, but the bench is playing 95.9 minutes a night. What that means is the starters are playing less minutes, Curry -5.9, Thompson -8.8, Iguodala -3.4, Lee -3.0 and Bogut -1.8.

Turnovers:

Pre all-star break they were averaging 15.7 turnovers per game, post all-star break there averaging 12.8 turnovers per game. The Steve Blake addition was the most underrated addition of the trade deadline.

Defense:

The Warriors are ranked third in defensive efficiency, 6th in overall rebounding and 6th in average scoring margin.

10-2 since the all-star break, 10 of the final 17 at home and probably gonna end up as the 5th seed. All that and Curry is arguably the third best player in the game and shows up for the big moments. Take for example last years playoffs, two game winning shots this season and leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Were not going to have home court, but were one of the best road teams in the league anyways. I'm not saying anything, but were being slept on.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    ok

vCash
    cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Curry shows up in the big moments?Ask PraiseJesus about that.

vCash
    must be uncomfortable to be slept on.

vCash
    Living in the eastern time zone, sometimes I can't stay up to watch them. So yeah, I do sleep on them.

vCash
    And i don't think the Warriors are being slept on,at least by most reasonable posters in here.
    Everybody knows the Warriors are in the same tier with Clippers-Houston-maybe Portland(i don't think so) as 'secondary' contenders behind Spurs and OKC.Every stat and ranking shows that,2-3 wins less than those teams do not mean much.
    Everything is possible for those 3 teams,they could be a 1st round exit,or even go to the Finals.
    Only think the Warriors won't have is HCA.As good as they are on the road,i'd take a Game 7 in Oracle instead of playing in Houston or Staples or OKC

vCash
    warriors fan posting about the warriors beeing slept on.. seeems legit

vCash
    Funny. Outside the obvious contenders, EVERY single media outlet or talk show host I hear says they are the next team they would bet on to win it all.

The Warriors are not being slept on. In fact, they really haven't played up to their potential throughout the year, for various reasons. If they enter the playoffs healthy, they join the pack of teams that could either make the WCF's, or flame out in round 1. West is so good this year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    warriors fan posting about the warriors beeing slept on.. seeems legit
    ^
    ^

vCash
    no theyre not. but they will get bounced in the first round

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Is everyone gonna make threads about their teams now?

vCash
    Jordan Crawford's played well, another mid season acquisition, and hasn't gotten enough credit (Per Mark Jackson).

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Sports Fan View Post
    Is everyone gonna make threads about their teams now?
    isn't that what 90% of PSD has always been about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    ^
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    no theyre not. but they will get bounced in the first round
    Objective Rockets fans giving their 2 cents. Good going Rockets!

she says go for the championship

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast