Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Aqib Talib signs with Denver

vCash

Talib signs 6 year deal with Denver

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

vCash
    Yeah no thanks on that contract.

Proud drinker of the Belichick Kool-Aid
    SO PLEASE POUR ME ANOTHER GLASS!

vCash
    This is ridiculous, denver is doing what it take to win now

vCash
    have to think we push hard for revis now

unless we want to roll with ryan, dennard, and arrington as our 3 starting corners

EDIT:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m
    And now with CB Aqib Talib a Bronco, Patriots figure to make a real push for Darrelle Revis.
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    The patriots have to get s legit cornerback we cant back to the way it was! Without talib pir secondary was torture to watch

vCash
    our secondary is absolutely terrible as of right now (aside from mccourty who is awesome)

dennard is our #1 corner
    arrington/ryan are the #2 and nickel

and who knows who the 2nd safety will be
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    our secondary is absolutely terrible as of right now (aside from mccourty who is awesome)

dennard is our #1 corner
    arrington/ryan are the #2 and nickel

and who knows who the 2nd safety will be
    The good thing is there are no games until September. I'll wait until the offseason plays out before I begin to panic. I was actually hoping the Pats could replace Talib with Verner at a much more reasonable contract, but he's already taken.

vCash
    Only option now is revis, we dont need a rookie CB who needs 3 yrs to develop way to.many holes to fill with draft picks. No one cares to take discounts to play in New England anymore, they have to get away from this.mindset

vCash
    Now all Pats fans will panic forgetting the fact that Talib hasn't even played in any AFCCG because of his injury issues.

Also, jesus, that contract is insane. Wtf is Denver smoking? He's good, not THAT good. Certainly a lot of questions with him.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Only option now is revis, we dont need a rookie CB who needs 3 yrs to develop way to.many holes to fill with draft picks. No one cares to take discounts to play in New England anymore, they have to get away from this.mindset
    You mean like how Seattle went out and paid cash for Sherman? Oh, wait he was a draft pick. And 3 years' to develop? Uh, he was an All-Pro in his 2nd year.

Also, how'd Miami do last year doling out huge amounts of cash? The season isn't won in 1 day in March....
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Or remember how good Dennard played his rookie year? Or even how good DMC was his rookie year?

Proud drinker of the Belichick Kool-Aid
    SO PLEASE POUR ME ANOTHER GLASS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    The good thing is there are no games until September. I'll wait until the offseason plays out before I begin to panic. I was actually hoping the Pats could replace Talib with Verner at a much more reasonable contract, but he's already taken.
    who is really left though at this point? I'm not saying we should have signed any of them (they all got lots of money), but all of the top safeties are gone at this point, and most of the corners too (I think DRC is still available? not sure)
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    You guys go rely on the draft to.win a superbowl when.you have a QB closer to 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Now all Pats fans will panic forgetting the fact that Talib hasn't even played in any AFCCG because of his injury issues.

Also, jesus, that contract is insane. Wtf is Denver smoking? He's good, not THAT good. Certainly a lot of questions with him.
    Seems Elway is taking the approach of "all in" while they have Peyton, something many Patriots' fans want to take with Brady's limited time left. I'm fine with the non-crazy approach, myself.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast