Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Don't fire Howie roseman, I jk

the saints just signed jarius byrd with 2 mil in cap space

howie signs one of the worst starting safeties in the nfl for .5 mil a year less than t.j ward

what a slap in the face.

yeah the byrd deal will probably strap the saints of cap space in the future since it's so backloaded

but we could have had byrd for 2-3 million more a year than MALCOM JENKINS
    Last edited by koldjerky; 03-17-2014 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Wait to see the rest of the offseason... Wasn't a great first day, but plenty of time

vCash
    Still gotta pay foles cox Kendricks boykins maclin after this year. Having either one of those guys (Byrd,ward) woulda made it tougher. I'm with you tho, I wanted those guys bad but knew it wasn't realistic money wise.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin:28125447
    the saints just signed jarius byrd with 2 mil in cap space

howie signs one of the worst starting safeties in the nfl for .5 mil a year less than t.j ward

what a slap in the face.

yeah the byrd deal will probably strap the saints of cap space in the future since it's so backloaded

but we could have had byrd for 2-3 million more a year than MALCOM JENKINS
    I love your Sig pic btw, haha!

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Still gotta pay foles cox Kendricks boykins maclin after this year. Having either one of those guys (Byrd,ward) woulda made it tougher. I'm with you tho, I wanted those guys bad but knew it wasn't realistic money wise.
    i realize byrd was too expensive, but we got the worst safety in FA

When you have a gaping hole at safety for 5 years, and repetitively tried to fix it through the draft and mid-level players in FA with no success, you have to spend the big bucks since you suck at finding good safeties.

hell, they could have re-signed nate allen at 3 mil per year, who is much better at safety than malcom jenkins

vCash
    oh and btw, im starting to cool down now, and dont actually want howie to get fired, he's done well for the most part orchestrating the last 2 drafts

hope i eat crow about jenkins

vCash
    Come on....Nate Allen is not a much better safety. Classic over reaction by a lot of people. Jenkins is an average player that can still get better. People are acting like he is Chung.

vCash
    Yea its kinda hard, eagles fans were spoiled by BDawk. this defense is cursed until they get a top notch safety and your right, Jenkins doesn't fill that void. I do think he's better then you give him credit for tho,hoping he doesn't become another Chung..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    The hate that Jenkins is getting is ridiculous. I'm happy to have him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    I don't hate the signing, I just don't think the upgrade is that much over Nate Allen. Jenkins is decent in coverage and not a great tackler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    oh and btw, im starting to cool down now, and dont actually want howie to get fired, he's done well for the most part orchestrating the last 2 drafts

hope i eat crow about jenkins
    So how about we take a deep breath and wait, yes? It is easy to make a quick reaction based off of one thing. But let us just wait and see how it all turns out. Did anybody think the Mathis signing a few years back would produce one of, if not the best, guards in the league? Not saying in any way that Jenkins will be that but lets give it some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    Ya this is honestly incredible, especially since its almost all located on PSD, no one else is hating this much on this guy.

He is a solid upgrade over Allen

He got EXACTLY the amount you would expect after seeing Byrd/Bethea/Mitchell/Whitner money, the only outlier that makes it look bad is TJ Wards contract. (which is clearly an interesting situation since it looks like he really didnt get any offers for much more, so teams must know something we dont or think of him differently)

He is phenomenal locker room guy

He has good size and talent and clearly has some upside

He can be our backup Nickel DB since we literally had NO ONE outside of the Boyking

I understand if someone would have preferred someone else, but this is a solid signing no matter how you look at it

vCash
    also almost 4 mil/yr and a difference of 20 mil guaranteed is huge

if Howie had signed Byrd to that contract I would have been so pissed, they are screwed, especially if he cant stay healthy (which apparently was a HUGE issue with most NFL execs when dealing with him)

vCash
    Price difference is big, but so is the talent level. That's the price of a top 2-3 Safety in his prime.

Prior to this year, he's missed 2 games. He's not exactly an injury risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Im not too upset over the malcom deal. Its more like a 2 year contract, very well structured. Hopefully we can either resign nate allen or clemons and draft a safety in the early rounds.

That being said, we have a lot of cap space right now, we could possibly extend some of the guys you said right now. Add in the fact that the cap will go up by 30 Million in 2-3 years. I don't see us having any major future cap issues.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast