Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder

I'm tempted to not even start this thread considering how bad they've stated this game, but they're only down five in the second quarter despite shooting like complete crap. At some point they need to start making some baskets and stop relying on free throws for all of their points.

vCash
    we always play like crap against this team

vCash
    this game is the true test. Can't seem to beat the clippers and thunder

vCash
    Ya this is awful basketball. Cant score, cant rebound. Second half cant get much worse than that.

vCash
    C'mon Rockets get hot!

vCash
    KD is really good

vCash
    We cant beat them if Dwight disappears. Steven Adams, dammit.

vCash
    Cant for the life of me figure out how Beverley fouls Westbrook on a 3 TWICE in one game

vCash
    Well they kept playing hard at least. I don't know if I should say anything right now. Just sleep on it.

Harden played well. Jones looked alright in very limited minutes (why?). Garcia got hot and played decently against Durant (but really, McHale, you've got to switch it up down the stretch; if Durant can get a rhythm against his defender... Grrr).

Lin shot okay, but had a bad turn over in the fourth and was hacked relentlessly all game. Had a few assists blown by people who couldn't finish right under the basket.

At least they looked better than they did in the previous two games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    Cant for the life of me figure out how Beverley fouls Westbrook on a 3 TWICE in one game
    Too aggressive sometimes. He should know there's no need to close out on Westbrook, that's the one you want to take the shot on a team that has Durant.

Well, Portland also lost, and with San Antonio winning again, the 4th spot is where I wanna finish. Portland in the first round with HCA and then San Antonio. We all don't want to see OKC so soon.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Houston's getting better. Just need Dwight next time. Who can slow down KD? KD had a rhythm going against Chandler. I think a dominant Dwight howard changes things, but he has yet to show he can do that against OKC. As far as I can remember that is...

vCash
    Dwight's turning it over a lot when Lin or Beverley make the entry pass and then cut to the baseline. Guards are turning back as soon as they pass him and steal or tip the ball. He needs to either keep it higher and take care of it better, or adjust the rotation with the passer cutting to the other elbow and the perimeter rotating towards Howard position to give him a safety valve in case he picks up the dribble or gets doubled.

I swear this isn't me blaming Dwight for everything, just something that could cut down our turnovers by 2-3 a game, and doesn't really affect our tempo. I know a lot of our turnovers come from the pace and style of our offense, but these turnovers could be cut without slowing down.

vCash
    Did Dwight Howard play last night? I also love Pat's defensive intensity but he needs to understand that he's not a superstar so if he looks funny at Westbrook while he's shooting a 3 he's going to get a foul called on him. He had no business contesting a 38 foot jump shot, you let and want guys to take those shots.

If Kevin Durant isn't going to miss shots it's going to be hard beating them no matter how well we play.

vCash
    Houston doesn't have anyone that can guard KD. That's the real problem, but a problem that most of the league has... Dwight has to show up against OKC. Need him to show some intensity. I don't understand. Felt like Dwight was going through his moves to fast, almost had an awkwardness to them again. Is he intimidated by OKC? So many missed free throws, and turnovers. That kind of stuff has to be minimized in order to beat the good teams. Which Houston has done. Just not yet against OKC and the Clippers. Contenders? Yes. Championship Contenders? No.

Realistically we're the third best team in the conference. Can't beat the Thunder or Clippers. At least in a 7 game series. We've shown that we can beat the rest of the league
    Last edited by Denverbronco007; 03-12-2014 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Did Dwight Howard play last night? I also love Pat's defensive intensity but he needs to understand that he's not a superstar so if he looks funny at Westbrook while he's shooting a 3 he's going to get a foul called on him. He had no business contesting a 38 foot jump shot, you let and want guys to take those shots.
    Exactly. I think that after last night's game, officials are going to be on the lookout to penalize Beverly if he gets too aggressive (esp. stupidly) against Westbrook. Westbrook has earned his superstar status. Beverly has not earned star defender status, yet. Not in my book. He's good but he needs to be smarter. He may rile up Westbrook, and that MAY get him off his game, but Beverly got himself off his own game just as much if not more. Technical. 3pt foulS! Fouled out. That doesn't help us win.

On the Howard thing... I really wish Howard would remember to always Always look to pass to the cutter first. It's also on the cutter to be watching his man and Always look to post up under the basket if his man leaves him. Those steal attempts should be a layup for the cutter (or the PF) every time.

Also, when Howard is basically doubled down low by the entry passer's man, he needs to have confidence to pass back out for a 3, or a quick repost (where officials basically let you maul your defender). The guy with the entry pass has to reward Howard by reposting him over and over.

Sigh... maybe next year, Howard will be even better at his post game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast