Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Pat a dirty player?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. And it's bad sportsmanship.

5 17.24%
  • Yes. But I like it.

2 6.90%
  • No. He uses "little slick stuff" but I don't mind that and don't consider it "dirty"

12 41.38%
  • No. This is just players whining.

8 27.59%
  • I'm not sure, haven't watched him play enough.

1 3.45%
  • Who the **** is Patrick Beverley? What happened to Lin?

0 0%
  • Other

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Patrick Beverley - A dirty player? Yay or nay?

So I'm just reading this article (yeah it's a BR article, cut me some slack, I'm bored).
    (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...trick-beverley)

The guy is reporting on Lillards comments about Beverley;

Youíve got somebody out there that want to try to be bumping and doing little slick stuff. You know what I mean? Iím not going to buy into it, but Iím also not going to just let it fly. Iím going to say something. I mean, thatís what he does. I donít really care for that, but Iím just not going to let somebody be all in my chest, doing all this extra stuff. Thatís not basketball.
    The terms "doing little slick stuff" and "that's not basketball" seem to imply that Lillard feels Beverley is a "dirty" player or using some sort of underhanded tactics.

And Lillard isn't the only one, a lot of people have had issues with Beverley....

Westbrook tore his meniscus during a steal attempt by Beverley
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYevpkhZYc

And then there's this...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Whos to say if its a part of basketball or not, all I know is that you've got to be quick as hell on your feet and tough mentally to do all the crap that lil guy does. It aint easy staying in front of your man in the non-handcheck era.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Bevs is just in your face constantly. He represents what 90's basketball to a point. Trash talking, being tough and getting in the opponents face. A lot of his toughness comes from his play in Europe where there was riots and players having to play through tear gas. It made him tough and players today don't know how to deal with that. And it's not like the refs don't give him fouls. He has been fouled out in a fair amout of games.

vCash
    I consider you a dirty player if you intentionally go out to hurt someone else. Not a lot of those players exist, ones that come to mind are Bruce Bowen, John Stockton, Reggie Evans, matt harping, and Derek fisher later in his career.

I view beverly more as an extreme irritant who plays close to the line and will always piss people off and you will hate if he is not on your team. Guys like Derek fisher during his first 10 years or so, jeff hornacek, Vernon maxwell, Ron Artest, Gary payton
    Last edited by rhino17; 03-11-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    ďToday, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!Ē - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    I'd need more concrete examples than "LeBron is sick of him 'hounding' him" and "Cousins punched him".

Lillard's comments prove that Lillard thinks so...but who knows what that means?

The Westbrook play I have a hard time labeling as dirty. He was going for the steal, period. I LOVE Russell, but that's just a freaky and unfortunate play...not dirty IMO. He's a defensive pest, that's fine. Going for a steal there is certainly within the acceptable limits of aggressive play.

There have been a few plays lately that perhaps are questionable. He is an agitator at times, but that's a huge part of what makes him a really, really good defender. He gets under guys' skin. Nothing wrong with that.

I think breaking those down with video/GIFs is the best way to argue this...at least moreso than a quote and some tweets. But as is, I'd say he's not dirty. He's just a guy who busts his *** on defense...and sometimes that might come off as a little reckless, but dirty? IDK. I don't think I can get behind that yet.

vCash
    i definte a "dirty" player as a player who goes out and intentionally tries to hurt another player (i.e. Bruce Bower and Derek Fisher). Beverly doesn't do that. He's just in your face and is really annoying/pesky....he gets under your skin.

the Westbrook incidence was an unfortunate incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    The entire history of basketball pre-2004 is laughing right now.

"Oh no! He's jumping up and down! He's in my chest! Bad touching! Bad touching!"

Folks have NO idea how much easier it is for perimeter players right now.

Hand checking? Gone.
    3s rule added.
    Chocking. Gone.
    Player wrapping. Gone.
    2 hands on opponents. Gone.

Bev is playing as tough a perimeter defense as they'll allow in today's NBA, which is a pale shadow of what they USED to do.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Don't like the Rockets at all but I can't help but like watching Beverley play. Old-school, Payton-type. Sure, his stuff might be seen as over the top sometimes, but until he does something severe, I can't call him dirty. The Westbrook incident was an accident and him hounding these guys is to be expected from a PROFESSIONAL. I can't stand when I see people doing this **** in pickup games, but when you're a pro and expected to win and be tough, then I can understand it.

LOL at Lebron though. I hate that he gets so much **** but come on, he does say and do a lot of stupid ****. He does so much stuff that is so un-Jordan-like. "Leave me alone Beverley!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I consider you a dirty player if you intentionally go out to hurt someone else. Not a lot of those players exist, ones that come to mind are Bruce Bowen, John Stockton, Reggie Evans, matt harping, and Derek fisher later in his career.

I view beverly more as an extreme irritant who plays close to the line and will always piss people off and you will hate if he is not on your team. Guys like Derek fisher during his first 10 years or so, jeff hornacek, Vernon maxwell, Ron Artest, Gary payton
    literally, this is the right answer.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    The entire history of basketball pre-2004 is laughing right now.

"Oh no! He's jumping up and down! He's in my chest! Bad touching! Bad touching!"

Folks have NO idea how much easier it is for perimeter players right now.

Hand checking? Gone.
    3s rule added.
    Chocking. Gone.
    Player wrapping. Gone.
    2 hands on opponents. Gone.

Bev is playing as tough a perimeter defense as they'll allow in today's NBA, which is a pale shadow of what they USED to do.
    don't confuse hard fouls with better defense. The league had PLENTY of soft defenders in it's "tough" days.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Not dirty. I've never seen anything out of him to make me believe he's tried to intentionally injure someone.

lol, what's the point of putting that lebron comment in there. That doesn't mean ANYthing, lol

vCash
    he's defense is just terrific, one of the best in the league.
    a little dirty but I don't mind it.
    the russ injury was not his fault though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    he's defense is just terrific, one of the best in the league.
    a little dirty but I don't mind it.
    the russ injury was not his fault though.
    it was his fault for being stupid. But def not dirty.

vCash
    i can't tell. i don't think so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    i definte a "dirty" player as a player who goes out and intentionally tries to hurt another player (i.e. Bruce Bower and Derek Fisher). Beverly doesn't do that. He's just in your face and is really annoying/pesky....he gets under your skin.

the Westbrook incidence was an unfortunate incident.
    My point exactly. Beverly was in camp with the Heat the first year in 2010, and all coaches had to say about him was how fiesty and competitive the guy was defensively.

I've watched a ton of Houston games this year, especially of late, and I see nothing dirty about Pat Bev. He just annoys the hell out of people.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast