Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Vikings sign DT Linval Joseph

@AdamSchefter: Vikings sign away former Giants DT Linval Joseph, as @alexmarvez reported.

More details to come

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    @1500ESPNJudd: DT Linval Joseph is a classic Spielman signing. Vikings GM likes to sign guys entering their second contracts.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Linval Joseph - DL - Vikings

Vikings agreed to terms with DT Linval Joseph, formerly of the Giants.
    Joseph, 25, started 46-of-48 games for the Giants the past three seasons and racked up nine sacks while averaging 55 tackles per year. He's equally strong against the run and as a pass rusher. With Kevin Williams, Fred Evans, and Letroy Guion all free agents, the Vikings were starving for a starter to plug in next to Sharrif Floyd. Joseph was considered a priority for the Giants.
    rotoworld

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I'm extremely excited about this signing tbh. Much better than having Johnson and Everson Griffen. This guy was under consideration to be franchise tagged by the Giants.

Way to go Rick

vCash
    Love this signing. He's a 6'4 323 pound beast who can anchor our d-line. Best part is he is only 25 years old.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash

A little nervous to see the numbers hoping it's not too outlandish

vCash
    Report: Vikings sign defensive tackle Linval Joseph
    by Andrew Krammer

The Minnesota Vikings reportedly made their first move less than an hour and a half into free agency as they acquired defensive tackle Linval Joseph, per Fox Sports' Alex Marvez.

Joseph, 25, is fresh off his rookie deal after the New York Giants drafted him in the second round (46th overall) in the 2010 draft. At 6'4", 323lbs, he's a likely candidate to help fill the Vikings' hole at nose tackle in first-year coach Mike Zimmer's defense.

It's reported that Joseph's deal will likely be within the $6 million range, presumably per year. Joseph graded out as ProFootballFocus.com's 21st-rated defensive tackle last season, but was 15th against the run with a +8.0 grade. He'll likely be in competition to start alongside second-year three-technique Sharrif Floyd, depending on any other defensive tackle signings. Joseph is the only nose tackle candidate under contract now.

The Vikings also made official the re-signing of both quarterback Matt Cassel and defensive end Everson Griffen

on Tuesday.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/R...l_Joseph031114

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I'll reserve my judgement until I see the numbers.

vCash
    6 million per year is solid. Right around what Soliai got. Good stuff.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash

If it's in the $6 million range as stated above. I love it super excited about getting him

vCash
    @MikeGarafolo: DT Linval Joseph's deal with the Vikings likely to be in the $6m+ range.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I love this signing. We needed a big plug in the middle because it's something we haven't had since "Fat" Pat Williams. That was the key to our run defense being so good back then. The best part is Joseph is only 25. Typical Spielman signing but I love it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    6 million per year is solid. Right around what Soliai got. Good stuff.
    I guess I don't know a ton about him but from what I've heard, I would rather have Soliai for that money. Hope he can help clog up the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I guess I don't know a ton about him but from what I've heard, I would rather have Soliai for that money. Hope he can help clog up the middle.
    They are about equal but Joseph is 5 years younger than Soliai. We get him during his prime while Soliai is nearing his decline.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Soliai is also 30 or 31 years old. Joseph has 5 years on this guy, and is getting similar money. I'd rather have Linval Joseph. We have a potentially lethal defensive line.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast