Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agent Frenzy

The Free Agency period starts on March 11th at 4 PM ET/1 PM PT.

Use this thread to keep track of speculation/rumors/etc of all free agents.

If a FA signs with the Colts please make a new thread for that player even if the player isn't a big name.

Here's a quick rundown of needs. Will be interesting to see how quickly Grigson fills these positions.

37M IN CAP

C - Who replaces Satele?

DL - Arthur Jones?

WR - Nicks/Decker/Jones?

S - Will Bethea come back?

CB - Will Vontae have a change of heart and re-sign? Who replaces him?

K - What if Vin doesn't return?

Obviously it's not likely all of these positions are filled on day 1 of free agency, but we'll probably sign a few players. Last year Cherilus, Walden, Hasselbeck, Sidbury, and Toler, Thomas were all day 1 players (I THINK).
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    No those guys were spread out over time.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Yeah Boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5828/arthur-jones

A source informs the Baltimore Sun that free agent DE Arthur Jones is expected to sign with the Colts for $6-7 million annually.

Mar 11 - 9:11 AM

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    Yeah Boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A source informs the Baltimore Sun that free agent DE Arthur Jones is expected to sign with the Colts for $6-7 million annually.

Hell yeah!

vCash
    Make it happen! I LOVE DL depth. If Hughes & Chapman can take a step forward this year. We're going to be a force on the line. So many rotational pieces. With that said, we need Mathis to provide similar production he did in the prior, and we need Werner to breakout.

vCash
    Yeah Boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall we were disappointed last free agency. Jackson and Jones would be HUGE additions to the run stopping.

vCash
    The depth will be sick! Jones, Redding and RJF can all play every position in both the 3 man and 4 man fronts Indy runs. Moala can as well to a lesser degree and with any luck Hughes takes the next step and moves ahead of Moala? Then Chapman needs a backup and as I posted in another thread there were rumblings of Mt. Cody and Indy. That would be a solid and versatile Defensive front line
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    The depth will be sick! Jones, Redding and RJF can all play every position in both the 3 man and 4 man fronts Indy runs. Moala can as well to a lesser degree and with any luck Hughes takes the next step and moves ahead of Moala? Then Chapman needs a backup and as I posted in another thread there were rumblings of Mt. Cody and Indy. That would be a solid and versatile Defensive front line
    I want Mt. Cody. Our D line would all be former Ravens.

vCash
    From what I've seen Cody should be relatively cheap as well....relative to what I'm not sure but I like the look of that line with Jones and Cody added to Chapman, RJF, Fili, and Redding....and then we have a fight for one or two spots with Pendleton, Hughes, and Matthews (is he still under contract) who I actually have liked since he was drafted to play DT in the Cover 2..and always wondered why he didn't get more PT.

vCash
    Even though he's old I kinda want Steve Smith..

vCash
    Ok people on stampedeblue are saying somone on NFL Network is saying we are trying to close with Decker at I think around 7 mill a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Ok people on stampedeblue are saying somone on NFL Network is saying we are trying to close with Decker at I think around 7 mill a year.
    That wouldn't be terrible....as long as that is the total average cap hit and not just the salary...if that is the salary we are looking more like 9-10 million cap hit average and putting him in top 10 WR money, and what I'm guessing they are talking about.

vCash
    I'd rather have Nicks than Decker personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltsfreak View Post
    I'd rather have Nicks than Decker personally.
    If this is true and the deal is for 7 or just under then this is the best move for receiver IMO.

vCash
    Oh probably is lol I just don't like Decker and wanted Nicks in the draft.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast