Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Darrelle Revis

vCash

Darrelle Revis

Just heard on ESPN that if the Bucs can't trade him they are most likely going to release himů what you guys think about Revis island in Indy. i think he could really help out especially if we lose Vontae.

vCash
    I honestly don't know what to think on that

vCash
    Good to see you representing!

I have mixed emotions on this as on one hand Revis is still probably the best Corner in football but on the other hand he gave the Jets fits with his contract demands...which led to his nonsense contract that they wisely dumped on Tampa. I probably would be very happy if he was signed by Indy but wouldn't count on it....
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Revis is a head case. If they could bring him in under double figures it might be worth it, but I doubt he will sign for that.

vCash
    I cannot say I'd complain IF he were to be signed by Indy. The latest I've seen suggests that GM's around the league are already saying 12 mil per seems like a good number to sign him to. I don't know how big of a fan I am of paying 12 mil per for a CB but, IF we are looking at paying Davis or his replacement anywhere around 10 mil, all of a sudden 12 mil for Revis isn't looking so bad. I'm just not going to hold my breath on that one happening.

vCash
    Wouldn't hurt to inquire.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Oh, I'm in complete agreement with inquiring lol! 16 mil range way to much, 12 mil range better .. he gets released, I hope we are first in line.

vCash
    Is he healthy?

vCash
    Yes please.

vCash
    Under 10 million I could probably live with it. He could really help this defense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post
    Under 10 million I could probably live with it. He could really help this defense!
    He is not going anywhere for under 10 million. Especially with others getting at or near that already in FA. He is the best CB in the league he is going to be paid accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    He is not going anywhere for under 10 million. Especially with others getting at or near that already in FA. He is the best CB in the league he is going to be paid accordingly.
    Honestly 12 would be the absolute high I would like to see them spend on anyone not named Luck...at least at the moment. I'm thinking 10-12 million with some guaranteed may get Revis. I want no part of Revis if he wants over that. After/if Revis is cut there will be only 4 CBs that go into the double digit million cap hit area with Brandon Carr topping it out at 12.2...so the contract he had with the Bucs was comparably insane at 16 per year. The top 3 (assuming Revis' contract is gone shortly) all make a 7.5 base salary...so we are probably looking anywhere between 25-40% guaranteed if we want to get that low...unless he just wants paid the highest per year for bragging rights and doesn't care about guaranteed money, in which case we should be out of the sweepstakes.

His deal was 16 million per year (13 salary + 1.5 roster bonus + 1.5 workout bonus) with the Bucs mostly because none of it was guaranteed after I believe the first year...and generally you pay extra per year so you can cut them whenever you want at little to no penalty...so I don't see any way he gets that high of a contract again unless he is willing to again be cut in a year or two.

I'm hanging my hopes (if we don't sign VD to a last minute deal) on the fact that since Revis has been the part of a pretty non stable franchise in NY and then signed a big deal for one year and sent away, that he is looking for a home with some stability, a chance of winning big, and a bit of a guarantee he will be there for a while.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 03-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.

vCash