Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cervelli Drawing Trade Interest

Francisco Cervelli drawing trade interest from White Sox, others
    by R.J. White | CBSSports.com
    (8:01 pm ET) Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli is drawing significant trade interest, with the White Sox among the teams monitoring him this spring, MLBDailyDish.com reports.
    Cervelli is out of options and could be expendable after the team brought in Brian McCann to serve as the starting catcher this offseason. Cervelli is 6 for 14 with one home run, two RBI and two walks in six games thus far.
    Source: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...cisco-cervelli

vCash
    Tim Anderson?
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    For Chris Sale probably
    7 Rec, 69 YD, 1TD

vCash
    I doubt the White Sox would give up much for Cervelli, maybe someone like Keppinger a role player used to play on the bench and can play 3B/2B/SS.

I also doubt they would trade players like Gordon Beckham or Alexei Ramirez with their current low value.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    Cervix!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Saw a RAB article on this earlier, didn't think it deserved it's own thread.. But to touch the topic. He won't net much of anything in a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    For Chris Sale probably
    Cervelli, Nunez, and Igawa should do it.

I'm bursting with excitement! We're getting Chris ****ing Sale!

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    The Yankees won't ask much for Cervelli, since he's out of options and is blocking Romine and Murphy. Also, it seems like they want to disassociate themselves with anyone who has worked out with A-rod (or appears anywhere in Biogenesis report rumors)...Cabrera, Montero, Cano, Cervelli.

vCash
    how bad does you catching situation have to be to consider cervelli?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I am all for trading Cervelli if he has value, but I'd not throw away catching depth. My guess is that if was the backup starter and played 2x per week, he would hit pretty well, and assuming he doesn't get hurt or busted fro roids again, by late spring, someone on another team would get hurt, and his value would rise.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    I saw Ichiro to Philly has wheels. Anyone think a Ichiro + Cervelli + cash for Papelbon is possible?

I know Cervelli isn't linked to Philly so maybe someone else like an Adams/Romine level player.

vCash
    Thought he was gonna be Tanaka's caddie?

vCash
    Please...NO! I would not want Papelbum at any price. he is one of my lease favorite players in all of baseball. It is hard enough having the overrated and overpaid Ellsbury on the team. It was even harder having Youk on the team last year. We do not need any more former Red Sox scraps. What's next Carl Crawford? Who else is injured or on the outs for the Red Sox that we can overpay for their underperformance? How much more disgraceful can we operate our organization, when it comes to these players?

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I saw Ichiro to Philly has wheels. Anyone think a Ichiro + Cervelli + cash for Papelbon is possible?

I know Cervelli isn't linked to Philly so maybe someone else like an Adams/Romine level player.

vCash

Papelbon has lost velocity and his K rates were down last year. He's owed 26M over 2 years (Joe Nathan just got 2/20 by comparison), and he can vest for a 3rd year if he finishes 55 games in 2015.

The only way the Yankees would even engage in talks on Papelbon is if the Phillies were willing to eat a very large part of his salary like the Cubs did with Soriano.

Or if they wanted to do a Papelbon for A-Rod straight up deal, I'd be good for that too. ;-)
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .269 HR: ONE! RBI: 14 SB: 6 AGE: 40

vCash

I hope not... I would rather START Ichiro and Cervelli than have Papelbon in NY.... So this one I could pass on...

Cervelli could have quite a bit of value... He's the ideal backup.. he's not the starter, or up to their level allowing you to keep a good catching prospect PLAYING at AAA rather than riding the bench at MLB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast