Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rashard Mendenhall retires

Report: RB Rashard Mendenhall to retire
    By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer
    March 08, 2014 10:28 PM ET

At the age of 26, Rashard Mendenhall has decided to retire. (USATSI)

More NFL offseason: Mock Drafts | Prospect Rankings | Pro Days | Top free agents

After spending the first five years of his career with the Steelers, running back Rashard Mendenhall signed with the Cardinals before the 2013 season and played decently enough, gaining a team-high 687 rushing yards and scoring eight touchdowns.

But he penned a piece for the Huffington Post last month in which he not-so-cryptically wrote, "As I write this, today is the day that the journey is over and I am fully at peace. Eagerly looking to a new way, which lies ahead."

As such, Mendenhall, who CBSSports.com ranked No. 139 on this offseason's free agent list, is telling teams that he's retired, according to ESPN.com's Adam Schefter.

Mendenhall was most effective during his second and third seasons in the league, gaining 1,109 yards in 2009 and 1,273 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2010 for Pittsburgh. But a few months before his 27th birthday, Mendenhall apparently has decided he's had enough.

And now, he's off to the rest of his life.

vCash

Rashard Mendenhall retires

Pretty smart dude IMO. Never gonna make huge money. He's made enough to live happily for the rest of his life. Use his degree if he has one, if not no big deal. Stay outta trouble and he's good. Taking himself away from possible health concerns long term.

vCash
    He retired mostly because he's tired of the culture. Both the internal NFL culture and the outside input that frustrated him.
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    I really don't think you understand pace or how it impacts a game. OKC has been top 5 in pace in the NBA for the past 4 years and top 5 in defense for the past 3 years...
    If you falsify information in an attempt to promote your agenda like this, you are dead to me.

vCash
    He's in a good position to retire. He doesn't have a great legacy to risk by leaving the game early, he's been in the league long enough to say he "made it", he's got a SB ring, and he's not really at the top of his game either. Hell, I think it'd be awesome to be able to retire at 27 and be able to say I had a SB ring + million of dollars and presumably pretty decent health.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He's in a good position to retire. He doesn't have a great legacy to risk by leaving the game early, he's been in the league long enough to say he "made it", he's got a SB ring, and he's not really at the top of his game either. Hell, I think it'd be awesome to be able to retire at 27 and be able to say I had a SB ring + million of dollars and presumably pretty decent health.
    this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    this
    Sig pic. Team Twerking?

It's best to walk away while you still can. Congrats to RM on his success.
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Rashard Mendenhall retired two years ago.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    I really wish we could have seen what Mendy could do with an OC who knew how to disguise a play. What Mendy could do when the defense DIDN'T know where the play was going as well as the offense did. Once he finally got a good OC...he was busy recovering from a torn ACL. A real shame, he could of solidified his status as a top 10 back that he was flirting with at the end of 2010.

vCash
    Maybe if he worked on football while recovering from a broken shoulder thanks to a murderer instead of HipHop dancing he would have gotten a decent contract.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maybe if he worked on football while recovering from a broken shoulder thanks to a murderer instead of HipHop dancing he would have gotten a decent contract.
    There was really no need to go there.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    I'll always remember him for that fumble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    I'll always remember him for that fumble.
    The one caused by BOTH lead blockers completely whiffing on their respective blocks? I still don't really get how people ever blamed Mendy for that.

vCash
    Congrats on a good career.

vCash
    z
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    The one caused by BOTH lead blockers completely whiffing on their respective blocks? I still don't really get how people ever blamed Mendy for that.
    Not blaming him at all. When I hear his name, I'll forever associate him with that fumble.

vCash
    He will realize he shouldn't have a year from now and begin his path back to mediocrity.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast