Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The BEST possible proof that hiring Phil Jackson would've been a bad decision

You probably know this before I even say it... But the fact that Jim Dolan and the Knicks are ready to hire Phil should be all the proof you need that it would've been a terrible move.

It will be great to see him in New York though, maybe even do some coaching. Then we'll have the Carmelo controversy, the Phil Jackson New York Knicks tell-all book... wow this is gonna be suweet. My respect for Phil will skyrocket if he takes that job.

vCash
    Inb4close

vCash
    You might be onto something here. The Knicks are one bad decision after another, and now the decision is to hire PJ to run their team? Might I add that PJ is at least at this point seriously considering taking it....which in itself says something about his evaluation process. At the very least, we can settle this issue without witnessing the total destruction of the Lakers future

vCash
    Lol

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    You're as terrible a poster as Smush Parker was a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    You might be onto something here. The Knicks are one bad decision after another, and now the decision is to hire PJ to run their team? Might I add that PJ is at least at this point seriously considering taking it....which in itself says something about his evaluation process. At the very least, we can settle this issue without witnessing the total destruction of the Lakers future
    Yes! Exactly. And we can take this line of reasoning one level further, and point out that Dolan also impulsively fired Mike D'Antoni, brought in a "defensive minded" coach, and bet the farm on Carmelo Anthony.

Soooooo... Since there seems to be universal media consensus that Jim Dolan is the worst / most incompetent of all the NBA owners, possibly the most incompetent ownder in NBA history, in my estimation this gives huge validation to the long term course that Mitch has set (along with the support of team president Jim Buss). Instead of panicking and running off D'Antoni, who is perhaps the greatest offensive innovator the league has seen in 20 years, Kupchak believes in his decision and is letting him hit rock bottom and then allowing him to build back up with 100% his system.

One thing I notice about the New York Knicks is that they never have faith in their decisions. For instance, now all the talk is about "how soon does Bargnani come off the books" and "how soon does Chandler come off the books" and "how soon does J.R. Smith come off the books". So in other words, the Knicks go out and get all excited and sign these guys, then a month later all they are talking about is when will 2-3 years go by so we can dump these bums and finally rebuild. This seems to be their attitude about players, coaches, GMs, everything. Like "yay we hired Isaiah" or "yay we hired Grunwald" then a minute later "everything will be better when we have fired Grunwald/Isaiah" and then they hire back Isaiah and fire him again. It is just nuts, and we should respect the fact that Kupchak makes decisions he believes in and then following through in good faith for the long term (see also: Jim Buss sticking with Andrew Bynum until they won two championships).

Bottom line: I think that if we do something like the George Costanza system, and just do everything the OPPOSITE of what Jim Dolan would do, then we should be in really good shape. That might even be a perfectly optimal strategy.

vCash
    Lmao smush

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    You're as terrible a poster as Smush Parker was a player.
    Shots fired
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    You probably know this before I even say it... But the fact that Jim Dolan and the Knicks are ready to hire Phil should be all the proof you need that it would've been a terrible move.

It will be great to see him in New York though, maybe even do some coaching. Then we'll have the Carmelo controversy, the Phil Jackson New York Knicks tell-all book... wow this is gonna be suweet. My respect for Phil will skyrocket if he takes that job.
    This is an absurd post lol... He took the Lakers job when the starting pt guard was Smush Parker, our Centers were Chris Mihm and Kwame, and Luke Walton played significant minutes... You also better believe he was a big part of pursuing Pau... He helped turn a worse Lakers team into champs. The Knicks have more talent, and PJ has the ability to see and find unused talent. He will turn NY around.

vCash

The BEST possible proof that hiring Phil Jackson would've been a bad decision

wat?
    llullz

vCash
    If he was going there as a coach then he will make a difference. If he is going there as a GM, I'm not sure about that.

vCash
    Well, bye bye Phil. Getting Knickerbocker FO control by the end of the week according to ESPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post

Yeah, high 5's to Jimmy Buss and Kupcake for passing on Phil Jackson who has 11 championships as a head coach.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Well, bye bye Phil. Getting Knickerbocker FO control by the end of the week according to ESPN
    With Jeannie Buss with the Lakers and Phil with NY FO, I wonder if there can be some magic trade between the two teams of course with advantage on the Laker side since a woman will always win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane H View Post
    With Jeannie Buss with the Lakers and Phil with NY FO, I wonder if there can be some magic trade between the two teams of course with advantage on the Laker side since a woman will always win.
    I hope Jeannie blows up on Jimmy Buss and blames him for Phil moving to New York instead of running the Lakers franchise. I wish they'd wise up fast and hire him to run the Lakers before the Knicks do (unlikely). So hopefully they'll feud and they'll be forced to sell the team to someone competent!

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast