Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Seratelli will be the starting shortstop.

I believe that if we don't sign Drew, Seratelli will be our starting shortstop at least until he loses the job. This guy's got stones, he has guts, he has heart. he plays an average shortstop, yes, but he's kinda like Daniel Murphy in many ways, he brings some intangibles. The big differences are that he knows how to get on base and he has speed. He's gonna be our lead off hitter. Offensively he is a contact guy, who even on the major league level should easily produce a .260/350. Here are his AAA stats. G 235/PA 926/AB 784/R 125/H 224/2B 34/3B 6/HR 28/RBI 107/SB 39/CS 5/(thats 76% success rate) BB 121/K 173..... .286 .385 .452 .836 (he is a superb bunter who is known to grab 12-15 bunt hits per year, plus his base stealing abilities are there also. Oh, and by the way, if you use standard regression charts and apply them to his power stats in the minors he actually profiles out as a 10-12 hr guy. Now these numbers are not thrillers, but we've seen the Tejada show, and the Tejada side show, and the future at short looks bleak. So why not take the glove off the fat, lazy, unmotivated, incapable pathetic excuse for a ballplayer who has been handed a job that most would kill for, and give it to a gritty guy who's head is gonna be in the game, and may provide some excitement, instead of watching gordo toad disrespect everyone who is in this organization, and all who follow this team.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 03-09-2014 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    Every year we're running guys like Brad Emaus and Gary Matthews, Jr. out there. Maybe Sertaelli will be the next.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Back up QB syndrome. There's a reason why he's never been in the majors before. In fact, Tejada's minor league stats destroyed Seratelli's.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Back up QB syndrome. There's a reason why he's never been in the majors before. In fact, Tejada's minor league stats destroyed Seratelli's.
    Huh? Seratelli's numbers were much better than Tejada's throughout the minors. The thing is, Seratelli was much older than Tejada when he put up those numbers. But that's a different argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Oh, i forgot Cowgill. Cowgill was last year's Emaus/GMJ/etc.
    (11/19/2013)

(05/27/14)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Huh? Seratelli's numbers were much better than Tejada's throughout the minors. The thing is, Seratelli was much older than Tejada when he put up those numbers. But that's a different argument.
    That's what i was referring to. Tejada was hitting around .300 (albeit with little power) as a teenager.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    That's what i was referring to. Tejada was hitting around .300 (albeit with little power) as a teenager.
    Oh then yeah, I agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    [QUOTE=NY_Heartbreak;28109593]Huh? Seratelli's numbers were much better than Tejada's throughout the minors. The thing is, Seratelli was much older than Tejada when he put up those numbers. But that's a different argument.[/QUO

I hear these points but, when the only weapon you have to kill a zombie is a sponge, then you grab onto that spatula someone gave you like grim death.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Tejadas name should never come up when talking about our starting shortstop.
    Anyone is better.
    Don't care about his minor league stats, he stinks.
    Haven't seen this guys in the majors yet, I'll take anyone over Tejada

vCash
    I've been around a long time man. I don't just fall for guys like that. I'm no whore. I'm saying on March 30, if I'm Terry Collins and I have 4 choices, Tejada (Gordo Toad), Quintanilla, Flores or Seratelli. I use a pen and I put Seratelli in the lead off spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I've been around a long time man. I don't just fall for guys like that. I'm no whore. I'm saying on March 30, if I'm Terry Collins and I have 4 choices, Tejada (Gordo Toad), Quintanilla, Flores or Seratelli. I use a pen and I put him in the lead off spot.
    You got that shilt right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Oh, i forgot Cowgill. Cowgill was last year's Emaus/GMJ/etc.
    this...classic spring training deprived Mets fans hoping a minor league signing will be a diamond in the rough. I really though Cowgill was gonna put up something like .270 10 homers/10 sbs for us last year haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    this...classic spring training deprived Mets fans hoping a minor league signing will be a diamond in the rough. I really though Cowgill was gonna put up something like .270 10 homers/10 sbs for us last year haha.
    I did too, I actually convinced myself that CG would do what guys like Emaus didn't. Boy was I wrong. Won't get fooled again when Spindy shoves the next career minor leaguer into the lineup.

But hey, if Seratelli is dirt cheap then that will give us "payroll flexibility" and "payroll flexibility" leads to "sustainable winning" according to Spindy. So, somehow or other, putting terrible players on the field year after year is what creates a winner. LOL.
    (11/19/2013)

(05/27/14)

vCash

Word

vCash
    C'mon man, why be insulting. Did you really read the whole post? This is not about believing someone's gonna be a monster, this is about a guy who won't embarrass us, and that's where we are right now.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast