Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Detroit Pistons 2014 Offseason Thread

With only 19 games left, trade deadline passing, and playoff chances looking grim it seems like the right time to start talking off-season. If a mod could sticky this, that would be great.

Topics that need to be covered:

-Front office
    -Coaching changes
    -Players and transactions
    -Possibility of retaining our 1st round pick and the draft in general.

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

vCash
    given the choice between Smith and Jennings, I'd rather keep Smith, but then again he's on a 4 year deal and Jennings only has 3, plus he's cheaper. Idunno, but we gotta find a way to move one of them

vCash

Official Detroit Pistons 2014 Offseason Thread

Smaller player but I would be interested in signing Anthony morrow this offseason depending on who we are able to draft. Would be a nice shooter to have off the bench.

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    If Phil Jackson waits until this off-season to accept a job, I hope we are in the mix.

Obviously the new coach will be our new GM's preference but I hope it's someone like George Karl.

Trevor Ariza, Jodie Meeks, Channing Frye, C.J. Miles, Steve Blake, and Matt Bonner are high on my free agent list. Need to Let Stuckey walk PLEASE.

Inquire about Kevin Love.

vCash
    Deal with the Monroe/Smith controversy. They cannot coexists with Drummond. As much as I hate Smith, I don't think Monroe is going to be a solid 4. He's a paint eater, cannot shoot or defend, plus he has the most trade value.

vCash
    Brandon Jennings to Houston for Jeremy Lin straight up. Jennings would be better with established players IMO. Lin is good in the pick and roll and operates in the lane better than Jennings.

Sign and trade Moose with Jerebko to Cleveland for Waiters, Zeller, and a future 2nd round pick. I like Waiters' potential a lot. He's young but he can create for himself and shoots 37% from 3. Cleveland clears much cap from Deng, Hawes, and Miles so Monroe's contract will fit and still be able to sign another player.

Release Siva and Gigi

Sign Trevor Ariza 3 years/24mil and Channing Frye (if he declines player option for long-term financial comfort) 3 years/18mil.

Lin-Bynum-Billups
    Waiters-KCP
    Ariza-Singler
    Smith-Frye-Mitchell
    Drummond-Zeller- Harrelson

A lot of small ball 3 point lineups can be run with this roster and I like the space created for Dre.

vCash
    Shooters. Shooters. Shooters. As far as player personnel.

Analytics. Analytics. Analytics. As far as front office personnel.
    $9.99

vCash
    Ok doing my offseason assuming we keep our pick.

Draft Smart/Exum
    James McAdoo in 2nd

Trade Jennings to Knicks for Bargani, '15 2nd round pick
    S&T Monroe to Pelicans for Ryan Anderson & '15 1st round.

David Morway assistant GM of Pacers for GM
    SVG as coach.

Sign Lance Stephenson (high hopes)
    Trevor Ariza

Smart/Exum (either or) /Bynum
    Stephenson/KCP
    Ariza/Singler
    Smith/Anderson/Bargs
    Drummond/Vet FA

Bargs isnt my ideal guy to have but NY is desperate for a PG. Smith/Monroe situation solved.
    Love Monroe but the man cant shoot.

That backcourt would be sick. SVG can impliment the offense he used around Dwight with Drummind being here. Have lots of 3pt shooting.
    Adopt A Piston: Brandon Jennings

PPG: 14
    APG: 4
    STL: 4

Times punched by a rapper:1

vCash
    We need a new coach and GM, also hope that we get our 1st rounder and draft BPA, also make smart choices in free agency.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    Brandon Jennings to Houston for Jeremy Lin straight up. Jennings would be better with established players IMO. Lin is good in the pick and roll and operates in the lane better than Jennings.

Sign and trade Moose with Jerebko to Cleveland for Waiters, Zeller, and a future 2nd round pick. I like Waiters' potential a lot. He's young but he can create for himself and shoots 37% from 3. Cleveland clears much cap from Deng, Hawes, and Miles so Monroe's contract will fit and still be able to sign another player.

Release Siva and Gigi

Sign Trevor Ariza 3 years/24mil and Channing Frye (if he declines player option for long-term financial comfort) 3 years/18mil.

Lin-Bynum-Billups
    Waiters-KCP
    Ariza-Singler
    Smith-Frye-Mitchell

A lot of small ball 3 point lineups can be run with this roster and I like the space created for Dre.
    I would be more than OK with this.

vCash

Release Siva and Gigi

Lin-Bynum-Billups
    Waiters-KCP
    Ariza-Singler
    Smith-Frye-Mitchell

Maybe we could involve the Hawks too. We get Teague and T Jones in the deal. We give up Smith, Jennings, Bynum, 2 2nd rd picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Maybe we could involve the Hawks too. We get Teague and T Jones in the deal. We give up Smith, Jennings, Bynum, 2 2nd rd picks.
    I doubt ATL ever wants Smith back but now that you mention them, I wonder what it what take to pry Horford from them?

Sign and trade Moose with Bynum for Horford and Dennis Schroder. I've always believed Horford as a PF and Moose as a C but really it's interchangeable now a days. Hawks have always needed a C and we could really use a multi-skilled PF next to Dre.

Maybe instead of Schoder, we take back the bigger contracts of Korver or Lou Williams.

vCash
    I doubt ATL ever wants Smith back but now that you mention them, I wonder what it what take to pry Horford from them?

Sign and trade Moose with Bynum for Horford and Dennis Schroder. I've always believed Horford as a PF and Moose as a C but really it's interchangeable now a days. Hawks have always needed a C and we could really use a multi-skilled PF next to Dre.

Maybe instead of Schoder, we take back the bigger contracts of Korver or Lou Williams.
    Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Smith going to Houston to play with his buddy Howard. Houston would have Harden/Chandler/Smith/Howard, pretty damn good if you ask me. Atlanta gets Asik to play C(great defense), Horford moves to PF. They also have more flexibility with smaller contracts. We get rid of Smith and Jennings, while adding T Jones, more flexibility down the road.

*revised the trade in trade thread, worked on trade machine.
    Last edited by sdsportsfan; 03-17-2014 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Smith going to Houston to play with his buddy Howard. Houston would have Harden/Chandler/Smith/Howard, pretty damn good if you ask me. Atlanta gets Asik to play C(great defense), Horford moves to PF. They also have more flexibility with smaller contracts. We get rid of Smith and Jennings, while adding T Jones, more flexibility down the road.

*revised the trade in trade thread, worked on trade machine.
    Gotcha, HOU would have a lot of money committed in Jennings, Harden, Smith, and Howard, plus they need to extend Parsons next season. I don't think they could afford him and my guess is they value him.

vCash
    Gotcha, HOU would have a lot of money committed in Jennings, Harden, Smith, and Howard, plus they need to extend Parsons next season. I don't think they could afford him and my guess is they value him.
    True, but at least Houston can go over the cap to keep Parsons. I think with those 5, it comes out to be about 50 mil$(if Parsons gets around 8mil$ per).

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast