Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts on The Truth and Celtics reunion...

His play has been good with the Nets, but IMO it would be a one and done and retire as a Celtic move... I have no problem with it...

I can't remember the last time a situation like this came up for a franchise...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    should be great off the bench behind Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    His play has been good with the Nets, but IMO it would be a one and done and retire as a Celtic move... I have no problem with it...

I can't remember the last time a situation like this came up for a franchise...

Don't want him as a player.

And truthfully (no pun intended) the fans should remember him as he was as a player not how he would be as a player if he came back to the Celtics as one.

So, yeah, a 1 day contract to retire as a Celtic and then move into a coaching or front office role.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    If we were ready to contend and he wanted to be 6th man for MLE money? Sure.

Doesn't seem like that's going to be the case though

vCash
    As long as we aren't overpaying I'd take him back in any situation.

vCash
    He's done. He's already a shadow of what he was last year, by next year, a guy that just takes J's between visits to the injured list.

I always maintained KG was the real leader (believe me, KG is done too, I don't want him either) and just look at things down in NJ, KG is the leader, and PP is just an overpriced old guy.

1 day retirement contract is fine, nothing more. Using up time a kid could have isn't progress.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He's done. He's already a shadow of what he was last year, by next year, a guy that just takes J's between visits to the injured list.

I always maintained KG was the real leader (believe me, KG is done too, I don't want him either) and just look at things down in NJ, KG is the leader, and PP is just an overpriced old guy.

1 day retirement contract is fine, nothing more. Using up time a kid could have isn't progress.
    He's done?

For February he averaged 14/5 on 50% shooting and 40% from 3pt on 9 shots per game. He's still efficient. He had bad stretches on a new team with an inconsistent role. He's not worthy of a huge contract but he can still contribute a large amount to a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's done?

For February he averaged 14/5 on 50% shooting and 40% from 3pt on 9 shots per game. He's still efficient. He had bad stretches on a new team with an inconsistent role. He's not worthy of a huge contract but he can still contribute a large amount to a good team.
    When you can only quote stats for a month, that's one indicator that he might well be done. On the year he's 200/468 in the league in eFG% - meh.

Let's see if you disagree with the following:

1. Pierce is at best average on defense - by the year, or by the month at this point. Is he going to get any better next year? At age 37 (in October)

2. His WS/48 has gone the past 4 years:

.201 (16th/452)
    .161 (56th/478)
    .135 (82nd/469)
    .103 (168th/468)

Looks like a steady decline from a top player to an average player in 4 seasons. Do you honestly think he'll play well enough to justify a MLE?

If we had 58 win team, and needed a grizzled vet to play 15 minutes a game and generate some O on the 2nd team - fine. The Celts are a long way from that.

I know you're a big fan, about 3 years ago you fought tooth and nail over PP being a better offensive player than Bird...
    Last edited by bagwell368; 03-09-2014 at 07:27 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Im not saying he's a #1 option, I'm saying he's not done.

For MLE money, on a good team, he's a great asset.

vCash
    Im not saying he's a #1 option, I'm saying he's not done.

For MLE money, on a good team, he's a great asset.
    I said the same thing, but in context of the Celtics next year? He won't be playing for a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I said the same thing, but in context of the Celtics next year? He won't be playing for a good team.
    I said that in my original post in this thread.

If we were ready to contend and he wanted to be 6th man for MLE money? Sure.

Doesn't seem like that's going to be the case though

vCash
    I said that in my original post in this thread.
    OK we agree. In the right setting, he might be worth one more year. Here in Boston it's highly unlikely that he would do anything outside of revving up the fans when he came in the game, and add a few stats to his Celtics totals. As far as winning a number of games or getting to the ECF, he's not going to do the job.

vCash
    Scottie Pippen went back to the Bulls for his final season and was quietly promised a front office postion(he ended up not sticking with the front office position) but I could see a Pierce reunion only if the C's were in contention. The chances of that happening next year are none!

I predict Pierce signs with the LA Clippers, resigns with Brooklyn or my bold prediction...signs with the San Antonio Spurs! Also wouldnt be shocked to see him sign with OKC to backup Durant and maybe play a little SG.
    El Presidente

vCash
    If Pierce's goal was really to break Havlicek's record and retire a Celtics he could sign a 3 year deal and do just that but to me that makes no sense from anything other than a marketing stand point.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I think Pierce either signs with LAC or retires and does the one day contract thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast