Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Around the MLB - 2014 EDITION

Hey y'all!

I saw a thread similar to this one in the Raptors forum and thought this would be an excellent idea. So basically this is an off-topic thread regarding the news, rumors, and discussions of the other 29 MLB teams this upcoming season.

Discuss away!

vCash
    Alvarez makes his 1st start for Miami against the Cards.....3 scoreless hitless innings with 3 SO. Good start looks like he's 100%!

vCash
    Thanks for the thread. I like talking about other teams and players too, just not with their fans, lol.

Anyways, I'm really excited to watch Pujols this year. He claims he's going to quiet his critics. We all know what he's capable of when he's healthy and focused.

vCash
    Anyone else a fairly big fan of any other team, I grew up as an A's fan and have always followed them pretty hard. It boggles my mind how good they are they seem like they haven't had a good ace but somehow always seem to get great pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Anyone else a fairly big fan of any other team, I grew up as an A's fan and have always followed them pretty hard. It boggles my mind how good they are they seem like they haven't had a good ace but somehow always seem to get great pitching.
    Its weird but I dont like any other team in baseball other than the Jays..

I respect what the Cardinals do
    and I also enjoy watching the Red Sox especially in Fenway.. not sure why

vCash
    I became somewhat of a Cardinals fan after playing a demo version if MVP baseball 2000 or something when i was like 8 years old. The only playable teams were the yankees and the cardinals, and there was no way in hell i was choosing the yankees being a jays fan. Kent Bottenfield was my ace lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    What can I say, we are here for 1/2 the year soon to be full time, so the Marlins are a team that we have come to like and enjoy watching along with the great food and a stadium that keeps the hot weather out!

But the team we will always follow and will always be our favorite are the Jays! Season tickets since the dome 1st opened and have seen great times in the early 90's and pretty tough times ....well... since then!

vCash
    As an old Expos fan I find it really hard to pull for the Nationals. After the implosion of the greatest team that was denied a WS due to off field business issues- I more or less just followed Larry Walker from the Rockies to the Cards. The Cards are really impressive in how they scout, draft, develop and acquire talent. Very envious of their organization.
    I have a national league keep team that I share with another friend. We have had it for about tens years and the prize pool usually ends up around 12-14 grand every year. So its good money and all. He's a hardcore National league guy- ugh- so I'm more or less just riding his coat tails. But it does force me me to watch the jr circuit to a degree. We have been sitting on Shelby Miller and Oscar Tavares for years now and I would finally like to see some return on our investment. Got lucky on gambling on Goldschmidt in 2010. But for every gem we find we toss back a lot ($) of coal. Remember names like Mat Gamel or Conor Jackson ? I paid for years waiting on their potential. Sigh

vCash
    Brett Wallace was just released from the Astros.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Brett Wallace was just released from the Astros.
    Damn... I still remember the day this forum exploded when AA traded for Gose aha... Looks like the Jays did well in getting rid of Wallace even though Gose is yet to turn into anything special.

vCash
    Just woke up see Santana went to the Braves. I guess players can play the market as well as some GM's. Glad that's over with now on to the season. Let the 10 warriors step in the ring and the best 5 got a job (for a few weeks anyway)

AA seems to have an answer for everything, and it seems he pretty much thinks most of us are clearly idiots!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Not that anyone cares...I do.

As most of you know MLB is coming to Australia for it's opener. I went to buy ticket straight away 4 months ago but, all the baseball clubs (there are a bunch of them down here) got all the cheap tickets reserved. The only ones left were the $400-$600 one. I just wasn't paying that. So I was pissed.

Got a email a couple weeks ago saying they released a bunch of tickets. So I got some- right behind right field. I can finally take my 14 son to a baseball game!

Not sure who to go for though? I'll be easy to see on TV...the ONLY person totally decked out in a Blue Jays gear.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Another good outing for Alvarez against the Atlanta starters..3 2/3. I , 5.H, 1.R, 1 SO, 0.BB,

And Nicolino is back from injury and throws 1 perfect inning and could start in the pen and Alvarez will be on starting 5. With Hech and possibly Marisnick as the 4th Ofer, that's 4 guys we traded that could be starters this year. I know it's Miami but they did alright with the trade getting these young guys!
    Last edited by wagnall; 03-12-2014 at 11:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    Damn... I still remember the day this forum exploded when AA traded for Gose aha... Looks like the Jays did well in getting rid of Wallace even though Gose is yet to turn into anything special.
    Yup. Admitedly I was against that trade myself. Thought we needed a guy with power that was closer to the show. But then I looked into Wallace a bit and came around. Just not a good athlete. Unless he's hitting for a lot of power, he's not very useful. Gose hasn't done a heck of a lot more as of yet, but still looking like AA was right there (just don't let him make trades with the new Astros' GM...).

Numbers game too. One of the Astros top prospects is a 1B in Jonathan Singleton and getting close, may be even ready now. In the meantime they have Chris Carter, Japhet Amador, Jesus Guzman and Marc Krauss tat all need to be worked in at 1B/DH eventually. I beleive Krauss and Guzman can play a bit of OF, but it's crowded out there too. Just wasn't room to wait any longer. He had his chance and now will have to work his way up from the minor leagues.

vCash
    Wallace was dealt essentially straight up for Matt Holliday in July 09. In the calendar year following that, Anthopoulos acquired him, and then dealt him one for one for a prospect who couldn't, and still can't hit. In a vacuum I guess it's smart that he dealt Wallace when he did, but that entire sequence as a whole? Ugh.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast