Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

A look at the lines

So before the season started the rumors were the last rotation spot would be between Lannan, Dice K and Montero. After 5 days of spring training in typical Mets fashion they claimed it was now between Lannan and Dice K. That attitude of a team that wants to win. So lets look at where we stand so far and I will update this as the spring goes.

3/7 Games vs Cards..

Lannan- 2ip, 3hits, 2runs, 1er.

Dice K- 2ip, 6hits,2runs, 1er

Montero- 2ip, 1hit, 1run, 0er, 1k

So far for the spring

Lannan- 4ip, 4hits, 2runs, 1er, 4k's 3.00 era

Dice K- 4ip, 8hits, 3runs, 2er, 3k's, 5.00 era

Montero- 4ip, 1hit, 1run, 0er, 4k's, era 0.00

And Montero is last at the moment in the race LOL. Real head scratcher. And please save the argument of we want to keep a year of eligibility. I can see that with Syndergaard, Harvey, Wheeler, Montero while nice not in the same class.

vCash
    They have a combined 12 innings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Why aren't you listing Mejia's line? I thought he was in this competition too. Maybe DeGrom as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Why aren't you listing Mejia's line? I thought he was in this competition too. Maybe DeGrom as well.
    I never heard Degrom listed as making the club out of spring this year so I left him out. Although I like him. Mejia they have also not mentioned for the 5 spot from what I read everyday.

and @ Heartbreak. That is my point. How could Lanna and Dice K be leading the way already?

vCash
    They're leading because they're veterans. At 3 innings each, you can't use their Spring Training stats to say that one deserves a spot over another. The largest factor involved is long-term control over players like Montero. I don't think Alderson is going to choose losing a year of control over Montero so that he can play him in the majors two months sooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    deGrom should be a consideration. He's on the 40 man roster and throws strikes. Dice-K and Lannan have opt-outs, but they don't come into effect until late May/early June. Mejia should be the leading candidate.

vCash
    lts too early.

Also today really wasn't dice-k's fault. Those stats are harsh considering how bad the fielding was today.

vCash
    I agree that Mejia should be the favorite, based on his stuff and ability. But there's a valid question about his durability to log innings. I would rather get 60-70 innings of relief from him than 100 innings starting games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    They'll go with a vet in the 5th spot barring acts of God. It's what they always do. Meija will be a pen arm IMO, always thought so. I think the FO sees him that way too.

vCash
    Lannan can be kept and put in the Pen, Dice K who cares if you let a minor league contract go. And about Mejia. Your wrong Montero has the best stuff out of him Degrom, and Mejia. Just look at comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I agree that Mejia should be the favorite, based on his stuff and ability. But there's a valid question about his durability to log innings. I would rather get 60-70 innings of relief from him than 100 innings starting games.
    Not if he sucks in relief and pitches well as a starter. He's sucked as a reliever his entire time as a pro so far.

vCash
    Honestly it's rather wasteful not to have Mejia as the fifth starter. We know what Dice-K is. We know what Lannan is. We know both of them will have place on this team in 2015. We need to see A. if Mejia can withstand the strenuous routine of a full season at the highest level; and B. if Mejia can be a quality starter in the Major leagues. this is in my opinion the perfect timing and pretty much the only time to see what we have in Mejia. Next year the rotation will be much more crowded with a healthy (fingers crossed) Harvery, a more seasoned Noah, Montero and Degrom.

Not discounting the value of a quality reliever. But if Mejia can be a front to mid rotation starter, thats something we could surely use either as a met or a trade

vCash
    How the hell could we not give Mejia a shot? He was awesome last year in 5 starts. Daisuke was underwhelming, Lannan sucked, Montero is gonna be a rookie. Mejia should be the guy. No Doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Let the spring play itself out. Geez.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    As Bill Murray said,

It just doesnt matter. It just doesnt matter.

Its ST. Believe none of what u see and less of what you hear.

But theyre playing baseball so we might as well enjoy it.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast