Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Packers Free Agency Rumors: 2014 Edition

I'm going to make a thread for this. I figure it's worth it. We already have Garrett Graham getting a thread, might as well stick the rumors in here and we can use the off season for all the random discussion and speculation and whatever else.

Last edited by Norm; 03-10-2014 at 04:36 AM.

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-...-one-year-deal

"The market has developed for Raji so he's become open to a one year prove it deal, which could bring GB back in. However no such offer from GB has been made."

vCash
    Carlson signed with the Cardinals, thank god.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Carlson signed with the Cardinals, thank god.
    Yeah. We gotta save for the big money free agents like Matthew Mulligan!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yeah. We gotta save for the big money free agents like Matthew Mulligan!!!!
    lol. I hear the Packers and Quarless are talking.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Here's what else has been going on that could be relevant to us.

Red Bryant signed with Jags (go figure).

"Report: B.J. Raji “gauging value” on market

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 8, 2014, 2:37 PM EST
    Packers 49ers Football
    AP
    After reportedly receiving one- and two-year contract offers from the Packers, you couldn’t blame defensive lineman B.J. Raji if he wanted to check his options elsewhere.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, that’s exactly what Raji is doing. Raji intends to see what other teams might be willing to offer, Rapoport reported Saturday.

The question now is whether the 27-year-old Raji can garner a more enticing deal from another club. For Raji, compensation and how he will be utilized in a defensive scheme figure to be factors in his decision-making process. The latter point could be especially important relative to his playing future and his future earning power, especially if he garners just a short-term deal now. If Raji takes a one-year deal, he must be confident he will be utilized in a manner that best suits his skills.

It will be interesting to see if any teams gamble on Raji recapturing his best form. Three seasons ago, he notched 6.5 sacks for a Super Bowl-winning team. Moreover, he was a first-round pick just five years ago. Perhaps there’s a team that rolls the dice and comes up a winner, a la Denver with defensive tackle Terrance Knighton last March."

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m
    Yes, they are among those interested. How much? We’ll see RT @VJ_Ostrowski: @RapSheet Any real legs to this Lamarr Houston/Packers rumor?

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m
    Yes, they are among those interested. How much? We’ll see RT @VJ_Ostrowski: @RapSheet Any real legs to this Lamarr Houston/Packers rumor?
    Total cop out answer. He just says this is a rumor but maybe not. Typical Packers rumor trash. I'll take it with 500 grains of salt.

vCash

Packers Interest in Raiders DE Lamarr Houston

CBS Sports is reporting that Green Bay has an interest in DE Lamarr Houston who recorded 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles last season while playing for the Raiders.

vCash
    He would be a good pickup for the right price but we don't need a new thread for every new rumor. We have a thread for FA rumors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    He would be a good pickup for the right price but we don't need a new thread for every new rumor. We have a thread for FA rumors.
    I would prefer we start a thread for upper tier FA CONFIRMED interests. Some of us don't have the time to search through pages and pages of banter and crap to see what's going on.

Besides that, I really would LOVE this pickup...very under the radar player who is excellent against the run.
    Last edited by Superfly; 03-09-2014 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I would prefer we start a thread for upper tier FA CONFIRMED interests. Some of us don't have the time to search through pages and pages of banter and crap to see what's going on.

Besides that, I really would LOVE this pickup...very under the radar player who is excellent against the run.
    So, that describes all the rumors essentially. lol

What are confirmed interests? These are all rumors and we only get a confirmation when the player is signed by a team. How many rumors have there been since last offseason? Raji and the $8 mio offer. Shields only wants $6 mio a year. We will sign at least 4 bigger FAs and so on and so on. These were all hardly true so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Total cop out answer. He just says this is a rumor but maybe not. Typical Packers rumor trash. I'll take it with 500 grains of salt.
    What stands out to me the most here is "Just how much. We'll see" comment. It looks more like he's piggy backing off his statement that the Packers were looking to revamp their defense using Free Agency this Off season. I'm not fully sold on this cat being in the know for the Packers.

He's been reporting on them a lot this off season it seems and our own beat writers often times have a hard time keying in on what the Packers intentions are. So no clue how this guy is fully aware of them.

About the only reporter I trust when it comes to rumors is Jay Glazer. Though here is another rumor:

The National Football Post's Aaron Wilson reports the Packers are interested in free agent DE Arthur Jones.
    They're also interested in Lamarr Houston, perhaps indicating GM Ted Thompson will finally emerge from his annual free-agency hibernation this year. Jones is drawing a ton of interest, also being connected to the Titans, Giants, Redskins, and Vikings. He'll probably command $7 million per year or more.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    No surprise here, but #Packers are not one of the teams to show interest in S Jarius Byrd so far.
    Tom Silverstein

vCash
    @TomSilverstein
    Am told TE @Quarless81 has been in touch with more than a half dozen teams, including the #Packers. Don't know where he'll land yet
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast