1 14.29%
  • Let's just do an All Time Redraft

1 14.29%
  • Go back to retirement Ebbs

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Old School Game Idea

So amongst other things all the old school whatever questions gave me an idea for a game. I'm not sure how many people have played in a NBA All Time Redraft or NBA mock off-season but I'm proposing sort of a mix.

All players would take a team; whatever team you got you owned the rights to every player who started his his career for that team. So Kobe would still be a Laker, Dirk a maverick etc. . . Because their first career games are with their current clubs. Kareem would be a Buck not a Laker. . . Shaq a member of the Magic. . . So on, so on.

There would be like a two or three day period, everyone could pick and sign 12 players from their franchises history. After they had picked their 12 any remaining players would be added to a free agency pool. Other teams could add player in a 1 for 1 style on a waiver pick up. So let's say the Lakers GM didn't make a spot for Michael Cooper but the Hornets wanted a defender, they could drop one of their 12 and add Cooper. Once you added a guy you would go to the back of the waiver list. (Waiver list would start with the shittiest teams. So a team like Boston would probably be thirtieth in line.)

I'm making this up as I go, just gauging interest.

Once teams were established we'd allow a couple weeks of trading and then go right to the playoffs. Should keep activity high and keep this in a tight window for a test run.

Yea so thoughts. . .

vCash
    i'd play it

vCash
    Great idea. Immediate questions I'd have would be what to do with teams like the Sonics/Thunder, Bullets/Wizards, etc. Also wonder what would happen for players that played in the ABA and the NBA, i'm guessing we're strictly talking about first NBA team that each player played for, correct?

I'd def play though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Great idea. Immediate questions I'd have would be what to do with teams like the Sonics/Thunder, Bullets/Wizards, etc. Also wonder what would happen for players that played in the ABA and the NBA, i'm guessing we're strictly talking about first NBA team that each player played for, correct?

I'd def play though
    bullets/Wizards would be merged. Royals-Kings, Thunder-Supersonics etc. . .

Yea we'd say if they were an ABA player first NBA team they played for.

vCash
    Just my thoughts...

Instead of picking 10 or even 12 players per franchise/city.
    Just pick 5 players that were originally DRAFTED by that franchise.
    So as crazy as it may be, Kobe Bryant would belong to Charlotte and NOT Los Angeles.

And then you have that snake-style draft for the remaining 7 roster spots. This snake-style draft will be in the reverse order of the GM-Team selection order.

You'd also be able to trade draft position. Maybe you'd rather have a higher Roster Draft draft position versus having a better Team selection position. You could probably work that out as well.

Just a thought.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    that's what I thought, i'm assuming there'd be no salary implications at all then right?

vCash

Old School Game Idea

No salary.

PK's ideas are interesting.

vCash
    I'm liking the idea. I'm itching to play an all-time RD but this looks like an interesting alternative.

vCash
    I think i'd rather play a regular all-time RD if possible, but we could potentially do both maybe?

vCash
    I'm ok with an NBA All time as well lol.

vCash
    Interesting.

So If I'm the Kings, I get to pick 12 guys from Kings/Royals history? Then that's my team for the trading period?

Dunno how you'd establish waiver wire, but does sound cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    I'm in
    PSD NBA RETRO SIM LEAGUE

Louis Williams - Brandon Roy - Paul Milsap - Amare Stoudemire - Marc Gasol

vCash
    I'm in

vCash
    Won't the teams be uneven?

Raptors best player would be McGrady or Grizzlies would be Pau Gasol who would be drafted in the 2nd round in a ATRD while teams with great history like Lakers (Kobe, Magic, etc), Celtics (Bird, Russell, Pierce, McHale, etc) or Spurs (Duncan, Robinson), would have multiple players who would've been drafted in the 1st round of an ATRD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Just my thoughts...

Instead of picking 10 or even 12 players per franchise/city.
    Just pick 5 players that were originally DRAFTED by that franchise.
    So as crazy as it may be, Kobe Bryant would belong to Charlotte and NOT Los Angeles.

And then you have that snake-style draft for the remaining 7 roster spots. This snake-style draft will be in the reverse order of the GM-Team selection order.

You'd also be able to trade draft position. Maybe you'd rather have a higher Roster Draft draft position versus having a better Team selection position. You could probably work that out as well.

Just a thought.
    u still exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Won't the teams be uneven?

Raptors best player would be McGrady or Grizzlies would be Pau Gasol who would be drafted in the 2nd round in a ATRD while teams with great history like Lakers (Kobe, Magic, etc), Celtics (Bird, Russell, Pierce, McHale, etc) or Spurs (Duncan, Robinson), would have multiple players who would've been drafted in the 1st round of an ATRD.
    yea I like PKings' idea more but this is what my problem with the game would be too. A team like the Clips or Heat (Since Zo and CP3 would belong to Charlotte) would be pretty horrible also.

-what would happen with the Bobcats/NWO Hornets-Pelicans/Charlotte Hornets history? do they all merge?

-maybe we can extract/merge some of the crap franchises like we did in the mock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast