Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Indians & Justin Masterson Working On An Extension

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 12s
    Source: Masterson still awaiting #Indians response to his extension proposal. Believed to be 3-4 year offer from player.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...m-the-indians/

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Masterson and his agent have made a three-to-four-year proposal to the Indians which is believed to be in the $40-60 million range. They are currently waiting to hear back from the team, but the request sounds pretty reasonable.
    Surprised he is looking for such a short term deal a year before he is about to be a FA and even more surprised the Indians aren't jumping on that at those reported prices.

Wonder if it's medical related or not?

vCash
    Heyman reported that they might QO him if a deal isn't done before next offseason. I can see why he may want to take a deal now then.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    He's been pretty vocal about how much he loves playing for Tito and how much he loves their clubhouse. It seems like he's doing everything in his power to stay there, hopefully Cleveland can put together enough money to keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 12s

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...m-the-indians/

Surprised he is looking for such a short term deal a year before he is about to be a FA and even more surprised the Indians aren't jumping on that at those reported prices.

Wonder if it's medical related or not?
    Even if it includes this coming year, I can't imagine he will make more money in free agency going into his age 32-33 season than he would going into his age 30 season next year. I know he is very religious, and is very charitable, the more money he makes the more he can donate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Even if it includes this coming year, I can't imagine he will make more money in free agency going into his age 32-33 season than he would going into his age 30 season next year. I know he is very religious, and is very charitable, the more money he makes the more he can donate.
    I am more surprised he isn't looking for a longer term deal is mostly my point. If he has a 3-4 WAR season this year, he could presumably make money annually and get more years then what he proposed to Cleveland (reportedly). I know money isn't of the utmost priority to everyone but he could be leaving quite a bit of it on the table.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-06-2014 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    He is a good pitcher, it's a city that deserves him.

Just depends on the dollars.