Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cool Detroit is in love with Watkins...........

Does it make too much sense to trade down with the Lions and pick up maybe another third rounder? We can still get a definite need player @ 10. Let's not overthink this too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugonthis1 View Post
    Does it make too much sense to trade down with the Lions and pick up maybe another third rounder? We can still get a definite need player @ 10. Let's not overthink this too much.
    In this draft if we traded down from 5 to 10 and only got a 3rd rounder I would be pretty mad. At only a 3rd rounder I would rather stay and take Watkins. This draft is loaded and a blue chip player like Watkins will command at minimum a 2nd rounder.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Didn't we go from 3 to 12 last year and get a 2nd rounder? Let's not be greedy.

vCash
    No I don't think so, we can't trade out of 5 without getting a second . IMHO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    In this draft if we traded down from 5 to 10 and only got a 3rd rounder I would be pretty mad. At only a 3rd rounder I would rather stay and take Watkins. This draft is loaded and a blue chip player like Watkins will command at minimum a 2nd rounder.
    Agree no way I trade down for a 3rd would want a 2nd at least or a 3rd and a future pick

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    This year's third round is comparable to last year's second. No doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugonthis1:28091988
    Didn't we go from 3 to 12 last year and get a 2nd rounder? Let's not be greedy.
    That particular trade was circumstantial. The Raiders practically needed to trade down and made their intent well known; thereby, removing all leverage. There was also a lack of premiere prospects in that draft. That trade may not be the strongest reference point.

While on the subject, I find it odd that McKenzie often gets derided for that trade. He is often criticized for receiving less than market value. I find this to indicate McKenzie had better offers but possessed some arbitrary preference for Miami or the number 12. The market yielded a 2nd round pick; therefore, he likely got adequate value in a very specific market. In the absence of evidence proving a better offer was denied in favor of the one taken, it can't really be suggested McKenzie settled for less than he could or should have.
    Last edited by Renz13; 03-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    I saw this one coming days ago... Watkins seems like the ideal fit as a. #2 to Calvin... I think the only thing that would keep us from making this move is how much we want a player that will be available at #5...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I saw this one coming days ago... Watkins seems like the ideal fit as a. #2 to Calvin... I think the only thing that would keep us from making this move is how much we want a player that will be available at #5...
    Agreed! If RM is in love with a player that won't last to #10, by all means snatch him @ 5.

vCash

Detroit is in love with Watkins...........

And by draft day, any deal with the Lions will probably be long forgotten and replaced by 3 dozen other deals that will also fade from memory.

Fun stuff.

I think a lot of folks are going to want #5.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    That particular trade was circumstantial. The Raiders practically needed to trade down and made their intent well known; thereby, removing all leverage. There was also a lack of premiere prospects in that draft. That trade may not be the strongest reference point.

While on the subject, I find it odd that McKenzie often gets derided for that trade. He is often criticized for receiving less than market value. I find this to indicate McKenzie had better offers but possessed some arbitrary preference for Miami or the number 12. The market yielded a 2nd round pick; therefore, he likely got adequate value in a very specific market. In the absence of evidence proving a better offer was denied in favor of the one taken, it can't really be suggested McKenzie settled for less than he could or should have.
    Pretty much this^

I mean every trade is circumstantial. This draft is much deeper with higher value of players. We can look at trades where Oakland moves down from 3 to 12 for just a 2nd then we see teams move up from 6 to 2 for 13 and 14 firsts and 12 2nd.

This draft doesnt have an RG3 trade in it but I can see some big trades in this draft compared to last year. Last year was overall a poor draft class.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    If all the 3 qbs and Clowney is gone then hell yes to a trade down! Thats unlikely though. Will say that #5 spot is a good one to be at for trade down though

vCash
    This year's third round is comparable to last year's second. No doubt.
    True but this years 5th is worth more than last years 3. The draft is better at the top!!
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    This stems from another speculation from an "expert analyst" stating that Watkins would be the perfect compliment for Megatron, perhaps his StarScream while providing another powerful target for Stafford which would push them over the hump. I read this and saw it on ESPN. It is pre-draft fodder as much as anything else. Teams don't go around screaming "I love so and so" to the world like a 16 year old girl.

vCash
    We give Detroit our 5th for their 10th, and we get Suh. Yeah probably too much for them to give up. But they could use that cap relief, and who says Suh will not leave via FA. Gimme Suh Gimme Suh Gimme Suh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast