Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

LeBron James to attend Cavs Ceremony, heat irked...

Forbes reports that Miami Heat star LeBron James plans to attend the Cavaliers' honoring of retired player Zydrunas Ilgauskas Saturday in Cleveland. James and Ilgauskas played together the entire time James was in Cleveland, and Ilgauskas followed James to Miami when he left in 2010.

And the implication is that the plan is about more for the Cavs than just honoring a former franchise anchor.

This isn't a coincidence. If Ilauskas, now the Cavs' assistant GM, invited James, the date was set last October, for this two-day break in Miami's schedule.

This thaw was years in the making, fostered by James insiders in Cleveland passing the word that the Cavs would be on Bron's list if he was to leave. If that looks unlikely at the moment with Bron saying recently he doesn't see himself going anywhere, it's championship or bust for the Heat. The team is in conservation mode after three Finals runs with Dwyane Wade's health an ever-larger issue.

Some days of infamy live forever. Some don't last four years.

James' attendance at the ceremony would be legitimate, whatever its side benefits. James and Ilgauskas are indisputably tight. With all the condemnation ringing in Bron's ears when he left Cleveland, Z followed him to Miami three days later.

“When I came in the league as a rookie, you try to find veteran leadership, someone to grab onto as far as how to be a professional and he was that guy for me,” said James last week in Miami.

Heat officials are unhappy, but this isn't Shane Battier. With no inclination to disappoint James, the team has kept a low profile to this point.

Allow us a brief moment to reflect on the irony of the Heat being unhappy with the possibility of tampering, particularly by the Cavaliers.

If the report is accurate, and the Cavaliers are still chasing James, it's kind of, well, desperate. There was the possibility at the start of the season that the Cavs could play their way into being a legitimate possibility for James to sign there if he opts out this summer. But since then, the Cavaliers have had a disaster of a season, are still 3.5 games back of the playoffs even after trading for All-Star Luol Deng.

The odds of James seeing Cleveland as the best place for him to add to his championship total are low. So to pursue him with emotional overtures is a bit much.

But it's good that James is attending the ceremony. Ilgauskas and James were close, and James deserves to be able to congratulate his friend on the accomplishment. James should just hang out backstage, though, and the Cavs shouldn't try to bring attention to James. After all, that Cleveland crowd hasn't exactly gotten over the Decision.
    -via CBSSports

Sounds like Miami is worried this may lead to James' departure.
    Last edited by Deception; 03-06-2014 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Lol. Maybe if the Cavs weren't dysfunctional and crappy.

vCash
    I don't know man, LeBron has already got his ring, I can see him leaving to Cleveland, especially with the way the East has turned.

Kyrie
    Waiters
    LeBron
    Thompson
    Varejao

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    The Cavs should focus on keeping Kyrie instead of begging LeBron to come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    I don't know man, LeBron has already got his ring, I can see him leaving to Cleveland, especially with the way the East has turned.

Kyrie
    Waiters
    LeBron
    Thompson
    Varejao
    He's friends with Thompson too (got the same agent)...I could see him returning if the Heat lose this year. Anthony Bennett pick looking dumb for the Cavs if this happened because I don't think the #1 pick is going to be happy playing backup his whole career. Although they could send him to Miami in a sign and trade I guess.

vCash
    There is not a single quote, or piece of evidence that Miami is upset over this. Terrible article.

vCash
    Cavs suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    There is not a single quote, or piece of evidence that Miami is upset over this. Terrible article.
    Heat officials are unhappy, but this isn't Shane Battier. With no inclination to disappoint James, the team has kept a low profile to this point.
    Here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Here.
    Yes I read that. But it's probably a made up line. Where is the proof?

Miami is in Chicago and has an off day. The flight is like an hour, and LBJ will not miss anything. Stupid article.

vCash
    I stopped at "Ilauskas".

There is no chance he is going back, he wants to be the GOAT and there is no chance he will become one playing for a ****** franchise like Cavs. Just a bunch of stupid speculations by the author.

There should be no way for Miami to be unhappy about that. Ilgauskas and James were best friends in Cavs, so James wants to show his respect to the guy and I bet Miami understands that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    I stopped at "Ilauskas".

There is no chance he is going back, he wants to be the GOAT and there is no chance he will become one playing for a ****** franchise like Cavs. Just a bunch of stupid speculations by the author.

There should be no way for Miami to be unhappy about that. Ilgauskas and James were best friends in Cavs, so James wants to show his respect to the guy and I bet Miami understands that.
    You Scared ?

vCash
    LeBron isn't coming back til they get rid of Dan Gilbert. Bron still remembers all that Gilbert wrote.

vCash
    The way I see this:

Big Z is making an attempt at LeBron like anyone in their right mind would if there was a slight chance to get him.

LeBron is simply honoring a long-time teammates and showing his respect. Nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    I stopped at "Ilauskas".

You mad?

vCash
    So what if he's going? He's there for a real close friend. Smh...

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    $9.99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast