Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jon Beason Status Thread

Everything I heard was that this was going to be a real quick and easy re-sign before FA started, but....

vCash
    I personally think if they is a snag. It's with guaranteed money. With his injury history I bet the Giants are low balling him a bit on a guaranteed money. But with the way he came and helped the defense. He feels he deserves more guaranteed money. Again, just my opinion.

vCash
    The emails he sent out could be a tactic to put pressure on the Giants to give into whatever the snag is to get a deal done before Tuesday. All free agents can start talking to teams Saturday. Except for players cut, they were already allowed to talk. But because Beason is representing himself, he can't be talked to by other teams til Tuesday of next week. Any team caught would be considered to be tampering.

vCash
    They're gonna **** this up, I can already see it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    The emails he sent out could be a tactic to put pressure on the Giants to give into whatever the snag is to get a deal done before Tuesday. All free agents can start talking to teams Saturday. Except for players cut, they were already allowed to talk. But because Beason is representing himself, he can't be talked to by other teams til Tuesday of next week. Any team caught would be considered to be tampering.
    He can't talk until TUE so Giants have a few more days to work with. Not having representation works in the Giants favor too.

I still think this is just a matter of getting his market value and taking it back to the Giants to base a new deal on. He doesn't want to go anywhere else, but he also probably has NO IDEA what his worth is. He kinda had a resurgence so its hard to say what other teams put value on that. Could be anywhere.

Same with Tuck having a slightly better year off of a few injury years or Nicks having a huge decline since the Super Bowl.....none of these guys really know their market worth, so best to test the waters before agreeing to stay.

Big rise in cap space, a handful of teams with lots of money to spend.....some players are definitely going to cash in big time next week. Raiders have $64 million in space. Could easily see them WAY overpaying for Tuck, Nicks or Beason.

I really have no idea what to expect from the Giants this offseason or with the Beason situation.

vCash
    If Beason is gone I'm taking a **** on Jerry Reese's car like a ****ing pigeon.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I'll join you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I'll join you
    Same here

vCash
    Beason won't be back. I'm assuming it's about guaranteed money and years.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Geesh. So much negativity. Punch of pansies.

vCash
    Geesh. So much negativity. Punch of pansies.
    I'm not negative, I was just stating what I would do IF JR can't bring back Beason. I've never actually took a **** on someone's car before lol

Since this thread is dedicated to Beason, I have to post this video NYGCentral made as a tribute to Beason:

BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Wasn't actually directed at u.

vCash
    Wasn't actually directed at u.

I'm negative, I'll admit it.. I always thought JR was over rated and he's put us in a hole the last 2 seasons . I really think he'll **** this up and we'll have scrubs at LB again..

vCash
    If Beason isn't resigned jerry should be ****ing fired. The worst D in the league..beason shows up and you become top 10. Im so ****ing sick of Jerry thinking linebacker isn't an important position. ****ING IDIOT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    If Beason isn't resigned jerry should be ****ing fired. The worst D in the league..beason shows up and you become top 10. Im so ****ing sick of Jerry thinking linebacker isn't an important position. ****ING IDIOT
    Sorry, but no. We did not have the worst defense in the league. As I said the first 5 weeks, our defenses failures stemmed from inability for the offense to move the chains. By late in the game they were dead and had no shot. Beason most certainly elevated our defense and as much as I want Beason back, he absolutely did not singlehandedly turn our defense from worst to top 10.

I'll reserve judgement until I see where he signs and his contract. If its here for a reasonable contract, I will say JR played this well. If its elsewhere for a ridiculous contract, I will say JR played it well, if its elsewhere for a reasonable contract, he should be fired.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast