Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer?

vCash

Trevor Bauer?

Hey All

Just looking for for insight from the people following the Indians on an every day basis. Does Bauer have a shot at the back end of the rotation if he shows better control in spring or is he guaranteed to start in the minors?

vCash
    Jim.. the next three weeks will determine Trevor Bauer's fate.. Right now.. only guessing is what you'll get, and, with your lack of direct experience with that.. your guess is no better than Arch's....

vCash
    Well who has locked down spots?

Masterson, Salazar? who else. Sorry I am not an Indians an but I am a fan of Bauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Labruno View Post
    Well who has locked down spots?

Masterson, Salazar? who else. Sorry I am not an Indians an but I am a fan of Bauer
    masterson Salazar McAllister and Kluber look like locks..

vCash
    @pgammo: Trevor Bauer was really good again. 92-98, great FB location, swings and misses. 2 very, very impressive outings
    My guess is better than Peter Gammons.

vCash
    I'd like to see Bauer as that 5th starter and put Carrasco in the BP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I have sort of the same feeling.. but want to see both Carrasco and Bauer in the rotation and Kluber in the pen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton:28093122
    Ya i agree with this. I like carrasco but he's been awful pretty much every chance he gets. But he still has good stuff. Maybe he can figure it out in the pen. Maybe give him spot starts when needed.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

9. 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    I hate to say it but after seeing him get lit up today he is a bust. Some guys just do not have it on the big league level and I think he is one of them. Very sad,.

vCash
    WOW...with that logic, how many other pitchers are "busts" because they had a bad outing during Spring Training???

I am sure that no Cy Young award winner has ever been lit up during Spring Training. There has DEFINITELY never been a future 20 game winner that has had a bad outing in Spring Training.

Hell...for that matter, I bet that no Hall of Famer has ever had a bad outing during Spring Training...especially before they became a full time big leaguer.

To make evaluations on one ST outing is foolish, at best. Will Trevor Bauer ever be a Cy Young winner...or a 20 game winner...or a Hall of Famer??? I don't know. Am I ready to call him a bust because Jim Labruno said so...doubtful, my friend!

vCash
    His outing certainly isn't encouraging but I'm not worried about one ST start. He'll probably start the season in AAA.

vCash
    I was not saying that after one spring start. I am saying that based on just the last few years. Last year he had major walk issues. His three starts in the bigs last year he got smashed. He just seems to be very hittable. Not every top prospect works out. More actually go busto then make it. He just seems like he has bad control and when he is around the strike zone it is like he is throwing volley balls up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    His outing certainly isn't encouraging but I'm not worried about one ST start. He'll probably start the season in AAA.
    Dontcha know you get a surprise prize when you call a 23 year old a bust first..

AAA is likely.. how long.. we'll see, but he was touching 98 and 99 today while sitting on 95/96.. pretty good numbers.. His control of the breaking pitches was very interesting.. the FB.. no so much..but his mechanics on his hook were there..

It might actually be better to watch to see how he does..as opposed to extrapolating from a box score..

vCash
    I had big hopes when we acquired him, but my hopes are really starting to wane. I know he's still young, but he has struggled a lot at the high levels the past two years.

vCash
    Just like most 22 and 23 year olds do, I-Fan.. wane?.. really?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast