Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the better brother?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robin

6 18.75%
  • Brook

26 81.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Robin Lopez > Brook Lopez

After their first few seasons it seemed clear that Brook was better than his brother Robin, but Robin has been unreal this year and I argue that due to Brook's injuries and ineffectiveness on the boards, Robin is the better of the brothers.

Brook Lopez

20ppg-6rpg-1.8bpg-56% shooting-83% FT

Robin Lopez
    11ppg-9rpg-1.7bpg-54% shooting-81% FT (Robin's Offensive Rating is also off da' chain)

Obviously Brook is a more explosive scorer, but Robin makes a bigger impact on the game. If you watch Portland games, Robin is a big reason why they are playing so well this year.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    i said for years if we could combine the Lopez twins as one player it would be the best C in the game!

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    you say this while Lopez is injured. I'm gonna need you to chill for a second and understand why what Jason Kidd has done for the Brooklyn Nets is nothing short of amazing for what they loss.

defensive PPP allowed

Brook lopez 0.65, that's like top 5 defense when he's on the floor

Robin Lopez 0.92, Tyson Chandler is a 0.84 PPP allowed, KLove is 0.86 PPP allowed.

So I'm gonna say you need to chill. What Robin Lopez does very well is rebound. And presents a threat of the PnR w/ Lilliard.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    i said for years if we could combine the Lopez twins as one player it would be the best C in the game!
    Yup. Would be averaging 20-10-2 on 55% shooting and 80% from the line and a big defensive presence.
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    you say this while Lopez is injured. I'm gonna need you to chill for a second and understand why what Jason Kidd has done for the Brooklyn Nets is nothing short of amazing for what they loss.

defensive PPP allowed

Brook lopez 0.65 that's like top 5 defense when he's on the floor

Robin Lopez 0.92, Tyson Chandler is a 0.84 PPP allowed, KLove is 0.86 PPP allowed.

So I'm gonna say you need to chill. What Robin Lopez does very well is rebound. And presents a threat of the PnR w/ Lilliard.
    That's part of my argument tho, WITH Brook's injury history in mind. Healthy Brook v. Healthy Robin edge goes to Brook, but Brook is super injury prone which is a knock on his status

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
    That's part of my argument tho, WITH Brook's injury history in mind. Healthy Brook v. Healthy Robin edge goes to Brook, but Brook is super injury prone which is a knock on his status
    Oh ok. I was checking LOLS. B/c damn if Brook could stay healthy. Homie was holding Opp. to 32% shooting. I doubt that would cont. but damn, that's special.

vCash

defensive PPP allowed

Brook lopez 0.65, that's like top 5 defense when he's on the floor

Amazing? This team is still massively underachieving. They have a .500 record in a hideously inferior east.

One could argue they're starting to turn it around despite Kidd.

Also, I agree that Brook is better but this defense nonsense needs to stop. Brook is not an elite defender. Small sample size + general knowledge renders this statistic all but moot.
    Last edited by RLundi; 03-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Amazing? This team is still massively underachieving. They have a .500 record in a hideously inferior east.

One could argue they're starting to turn it arrive despite Kidd.
    - You don't have a top 10 PG for most of the year
    - It's a new nucleus
    - New coach
    - had the most horrific backcourt defensive combo in Joe Johnson and Deron "the ghost" Williams playing
    - had the ineffective start of KG and PP as contributers
    - have one of the worst defensive back up bigs in Blatche
    - have no back up PG for most of the year
    - and add to that no real SG until Jan.

What Kidd has done w/ that team is amazing. They are now one of the top defensive units in basketball since the turn of the year. A roster that was mismatched until he puzzled it together. And eversince his 1 on 1 play w/ Deron Williams, the guy has actually been showing up to resemble some version of his Utah self.

vCash
    Also, I agree that Brook is better but this defense nonsense needs to stop. Brook is not an elite defender. Small sample size + general knowledge renders this statistic all but moot.
    do we just ignore what he did in that sample size? those are factual stats, he was productive when he was on the floor. AllStar level defense. This is why Miami had trouble against him. This is why they were championship contenders.

vCash
    Yea cause he can actually stay healthy and isn't as strong as a cracker ....

Still hear all those nets fans saying how dumb Orlando was for not taking brook and marshon (the next Kobe they said) and there useless late round picks for Dwight.... to that I say no thanks, ill take Vucevic, harkless, afflalo(asset) and the picks we got (including the nuggets or Knicks pick we get this year)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    except that if we are going to combine players i want both gasols mixed in one.
    best PLAYER in the game

]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    except that if we are going to combine players i want both gasols mixed in one.
    best PLAYER in the game

How bout Thanasis Antetokounmpo combined with Giannis Antetokounmpo combined?
    Best name in basketball and best potential

GiannisThanasis Antetokounmpo

vCash

One could argue they're starting to turn it around despite Kidd.

When all measures of D paint him as a plus defensive player over the past two seasons (when healthy) I think its pretty safe to say he's a quality defensive big (better than his brother). I don't think anyone has said Brook is elite defensively but he has shaked that cloud of being a poor defensive player and is now one of the better ones in the league at his position.

vCash
    - You don't have a top 10 PG for most of the year
    - It's a new nucleus
    - New coach
    - had the most horrific backcourt defensive combo in Joe Johnson and Deron "the ghost" Williams playing
    - had the ineffective start of KG and PP as contributers
    - have one of the worst defensive back up bigs in Blatche
    - have no back up PG for most of the year
    - and add to that no real SG until Jan.

What Kidd has done w/ that team is amazing. They are now one of the top defensive units in basketball since the turn of the year. A roster that was mismatched until he puzzled it together. And eversince his 1 on 1 play w/ Deron Williams, the guy has actually been showing up to resemble some version of his Utah self.
    I don't know if D Will is still a top 10 point guard. He is declining rapidly. Why do we keep giving him a pass for past success? I believe they have a better record without him, so one could argue they play better when he isn't on the floor.

This team was projected to win at least 50 games, despite having a new coach. With the amount of talent they had, there's no excuse for them to have performed so poorly.

vCash
    I don't know if D Will is still a top 10 point guard. He is declining rapidly. Why do we keep giving him a pass for past success? I believe they have a better record without him, so one could argue they play better when he isn't on the floor.

This team was projected to win at least 50 games, despite having a new coach. With the amount of talent they had, there's no excuse for them to have performed so poorly.
    That's an extremely poor way at looking at it. Projections don't take injuries into consideration. When you lose your two best players for large chunks of the season your pre season projections (which were made when every players on the Nets was expected to be healthy this season) are obviously going to change.

Tell me a little about the Lakers projections, how about the Bulls? The Lakers were expected to be knocking on the door to the playoffs if not in quite easily and the Bulls well they were chosen by many to have the best record in the entire NBA. How are those projections looking?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast