Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation

Noah “recruited” Carmelo Anthony to come to Chicago

Chris Broussard reported on SportsCenter today that over All-Star weekend Chicago Bulls big man Joakim Noah “recruited” Carmelo Anthony to come to Chicago.

“I’m told that Joakim said to Melo, ‘Look, you could go to Los Angeles. But if you want to win a ring, if you want your legacy to be about winning, come to Chicago,’” Broussard said.

“Melo I’m told said, ‘Look, I’ve been watching you guys. I admire how hard you play. I admire how hungry you are. And oh by the way, my son’s favorite player, Derrick Rose.’ So he was not committal as far as committing to the Bulls but it seems like it may have intrigued him a bit.”

Broussard said the Bulls would have to amnesty Carlos Boozer and could then offer Anthony $15 million a year. If they trade Mike Dunleavy, they could offer Anthony $18 million per year.

Anthony stands to make $129 million over five years with the Knicks, or $96 million over four years with another team.

Anthony admitted to being intrigued by signs in Chicago that read, “Melo to Chicago.”

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/brou...melo-to-bulls/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I say it's 50/50 that he goes to Chicago. They get d rose back healthy and they are an immediate threat in the east.

Rose
    Butler
    Melo
    Gibson
    Noah

They are competing for a title and compared to what our lineup will be lol, let's not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by HYFR View Post
    I say it's 50/50 that he goes to Chicago. They get d rose back healthy and they are an immediate threat in the east.

Rose
    Butler
    Melo
    Gibson
    Noah

They are competing for a title and compared to what our lineup will be lol, let's not go there.
    I wonder if Knicks are allowed to do a sign & trade.
    I'm not sure Bulls have the cap room to sign him, so A few picks would work for me ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea I mean he would be dumb not to consider the bulls. I want him to stay but it doesn't look good now

If management doesn't do anything this off season to improve the team, then he should consider his best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    I wonder if Knicks are allowed to do a sign & trade.
    I'm not sure Bulls have the cap room to sign him, so A few picks would work for me ....
    Are you serious, you put up the article. It clearly says amnesty Boozer is an automatic 15 mil, trade Dunleavy and it bumps it up to 18mil.

If they trade away Gibson, they can flat out offer him max contract without having to do any sign or trade. They still have 2 1st rounders this year and the option to using the full MLE for Mirotic who is overseas.

Chicago is the only place Melo should go to if he has any brains.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

That reported deal from Chicago before deadline sure is starting to look good now Huh?

Don't understand how people thought we were better off taking a chance... the signs were and are there.. that Melo walks..unless this team somehow makes a shocking turnaround ... odds are we lose him for nothing or next to nothing which is a joke!!

Don't want to hear anything about their supposed offer before the deadline being ridiculous, because at least there was at least a 1st(and I believe other picks) and 2 young players involved.. not to mention most likely being able to move boozer for something next year when he is expiring...even a 2nd rd pick ..tops our possible situation now

Hopefully this is another BS situation....but IMO it is not!

..And I will say this now and don't care what all the Melo lovers think(and I am a Melo fan and hope he stays)....If Melo walks and leaves the Knicks with Nothing... F@ck Him... he pushed his way here and took everything of value away from this team in a trade... He needs to at least do the same if he leaves.

I understand if he wants out of this mess , and I am Not saying he won't try and help the Knicks situation, but he needs to not leave this team totally f@cked. If he goes.. he needs to tell Chi FO hey .. I don't want to gut you guys at all... but for me to come... we need to do a sign and trade to get something back to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Are you serious, you put up the article. It clearly says amnesty Boozer is an automatic 15 mil, trade Dunleavy and it bumps it up to 18mil.

If they trade away Gibson, they can flat out offer him max contract without having to do any sign or trade. They still have 2 1st rounders this year and the option to using the full MLE for Mirotic who is overseas.

Chicago is the only place Melo should go to if he has any brains.
    Don't forget that they also have cap holds for the 1st round picks which effect the cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CHI cannot offer Melo $15m just by amnestying Boozer, just because someone says it on the internet doesn't make it true...lol.

CHI has $63.4m committed next year to just 7 players with a cap around $62m.

Amnestying Boozer puts them at $46.6m to 6 players, add in 6 roster holds and they'd be at $49.6m... so about 12.4m to offer Melo.

Now that's not counting their 1st round pick which will make around $1.5m. So that leaves about 11.4m to offer Melo.

Now if they can trade Gibson without taking back salary then they could offer Melo around $18m, but remember, they would be under the cap and lose the MLE, so they wouldn't be able to bring over Mirotic either and Melo would still be asked to take a very significant paycut.

If they can trade Dunleavy AND Gibson AND not take any salary back then they could offer Melo around $21m.

But at that point you have now given away Boozer, Gibson, Dunleavy and have to leave Mirotic overseas which is a HUGE risk considering he is considering signing a MULTI-year deal overseas. If they don't bring him over this year they might not be able to for quite some time.

So if Melo wants to go to CHI they are probably better off doing a S&T with us and sending us Butler & a 1st rounder, rather than giving away all those players to sign him outright.

A S&T with us would allow them to keep Gibson, Dunleavy, bring over Mirotic and even resign guys like Hinrich and Augustine.

Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Don't forget that they also have cap holds for the 1st round picks which effect the cap.
    Which may be the only way we get anything out of this mess. Chicago still has to make a few moves to get enough space... if we are lucky we get those scraps.. and as I said we need to hope Melo tells them they need to send something back to New York

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    CHI cannot offer Melo $15m just by amnestying Boozer, just because someone says it on the internet doesn't make it true...lol.

Amnestying Boozer puts them at $46.6m to 6 players, add in 6 roster holds and they'd be at $49.6m... so about 12.4m to offer Melo.

Now that's not counting their 1st round pick which will make around $1.5m. So that leaves about 11.4m to offer Melo.

Now if they can trade Gibson without taking back salary then they could offer Melo around $18m, but remember, they would be under the cap and lose the MLE, so they wouldn't be able to bring over Mirotic either and Melo would still be asked to take a very significant paycut.

If they can trade Dunleavy AND Gibson AND not take any salary back then they could offer Melo around $21m.

But at that point you have now given away Boozer, Gibson, Dunleavy and have to leave Mirotic overseas which is a HUGE risk considering he is considering signing a MULTI-year deal overseas. If they don't bring him over this year they might not be able to for quite some time.

So if Melo wants to go to CHI they are probably better off doing a S&T with us and sending us Butler & a 1st rounder, rather than giving away all those players to sign him outright.

A S&T with us would allow them to keep Gibson, Dunleavy, bring over Mirotic and even resign guys like Hinrich and Augustine.
    This is pretty accurate .... at this point if this ends up being the scenerio that plays out, I would be ecstatic if we get close to the supposed offer at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    That reported deal from Chicago before deadline sure is starting to look good now Huh?

Don't understand how people thought we were better off taking a chance... the signs were and are there.. that Melo walks..unless this team somehow makes a shocking turnaround ... odds are we lose him for nothing or next to nothing which is a joke!!

Don't want to hear anything about their supposed offer before the deadline being ridiculous, because at least there was at least a 1st(and I believe other picks) and 2 young players involved.. not to mention most likely being able to move boozer for something next year when he is expiring...even a 2nd rd pick ..tops our possible situation now

Hopefully this is another BS situation....but IMO it is not!

..And I will say this now and don't care what all the Melo lovers think(and I am a Melo fan and hope he stays)....If Melo walks and leaves the Knicks with Nothing... F@ck Him... he pushed his way here and took everything of value away from this team in a trade... He needs to at least do the same if he leaves.

I understand if he wants out of this mess , and I am Not saying he won't try and help the Knicks situation, but he needs to not leave this team totally f@cked. If he goes.. he needs to tell Chi FO hey .. I don't want to gut you guys at all... but for me to come... we need to do a sign and trade to get something back to NY.
    Your becoming a sensative fan, that is your issue like most other's. Your taking it to heart, if the deal ain't right **** it let the person walk and take the freed up money to avoid the repeater luxury tax which is just as important as rebuilding and having picks.

Getting back expiring contracts have zero value if the player has zero value. Picks are nice I would take as many picks as possible, but remember all those picks will be bottom feeding picks nothing to great about that unless its to flip it for a young player with upside.

The Knicks ain't ****ed if he just walks, he is actually doing some a favor, the Knicks have been over the cap for 2 years now, if they are over next year that a 3 year repeater tax with the highest pentalities, but also limits what the team can do also, in trades, sign and trades, and MLE.

How can a team rebuild if they are paying the penalties of the repeater tax after they are no longer over the cap ? The Bulls unloaded Deng for the simple reason that they were due to pay luxury tax this season for the 2nd straight year, if they repeat again next season thats a 3x offender which is the highest bracket. It pretty much a tax of dollar for dollar at that point which is more than any teams total revenue regardless of big market's.

The Nets got luck because they paid no luxury tax last season, but if they would have they would be due to pay about 220 mil for that roster. Which the roster salary total is about 102-110 mil.

While the tax doesn't mean much to some or people like Dolan, but for some running a team with a negative operating cost because your team salary is eating up all the teams revenue is just atrocious. Even big market clubs can't avoid having to shell out there own cash to keep the team afloat.

Young player's and picks are the new wave, you in it to win it for a certain amount of years and forced to rebuild again before your player's are due to earn big cash, unless they are truely worth it.

That 2 or 3 star thing won't work as effective anymore, it will be going back to finding your 1 star a sidekick and a bunch of quality role players.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

All I am worried about are these last 20 games.. It is obvious there will be a shakeup after the season..

We have the talent to make things interesting if we can get it together.. Here's to hoping for that to happen..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Boozer is not a big part of the team during crunch time, Dunleavy hardly see's burn when it counts in the 4th also and it's pretty much swaping Gibson for Melo. Your putting to much into it. Bulls regardless of what anyone says is a better choice than any team Melo can choose from in terms of legit playoff team, even without Rose and a bunch of non superstar's.

I want Melo to stay but if he walks, let him walk I want nothing back. Just take the 3-4 years to slowly build the team up 1 offseason at a time.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Well this article is a made up story to fill air time on ESPN

But all it's doing is stating the obvious, obviously the Bulls would be a team that could work for Melo.

Bulls have a 1 that Melo can be a 1a too, Rose
    Bulls have leadership Noah, Coach so Melo's no leadership will not hurt the team. Melo is a follower, not a leader.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast