Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

D'Qwell Jackson Is A Colt -- Signs 4 year deal

And of course Rotoworld flips from their view of him just the other day :

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3669/dqwell-jackson

Colts signed ILB D'Qwell Jackson to a four-year, $22 million contract.

The deal includes $11 million guaranteed. In desperate need of a steadying presence next to Jerrell Freeman, the Colts have overpaid for linebacker help in free agency once again. This time they add a leader and one of the game's most prolific tacklers, but one that is entering his age-31 season, fits better in a 4-3 scheme and has struggled badly against the run over the last two years. Jackson also had visits with the Titans, Broncos and Dolphins. Mar 6 - 9:33 AM
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I will post the contract details once I find them and please if anyone else gets them first please post them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    I will post the contract details once I find them and please if anyone else gets them first please post them?
    I'm seeing 4 years 22 million 11 million guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I'm seeing 4 years 22 million 11 million guaranteed.
    Yes, that is what is being reported. I am talking about the entire contract as I am sure there will be people flipping out about the contract . If the first two years are guaranteed, like Walden's, then there should be no need for complaining, imo

vCash
    Well we just improved on ILB. Now time to improve at S, C, DE, CB, and WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Well we just improved on ILB. Now time to improve at S, C, DE, CB, and WR.
    Forgot Guard and possibly NT

vCash
    [QUOTE=Wyld1;28089893]Yes, that is what is being reported. I am talking about the entire contract as I am sure there will be people flipping out about the contract . If the first two years are guaranteed, like Walden's, then there should be no need for complaining, imo [/QUOTE]

I don't know dude. Should we not complain about them signing another undersized LB who struggles against the run?

PFF sayyyyyysssssss...........ding ding ding:

One of the more interesting grades is that of DQwell Jackson who weve put down as a below average starter. Chiefly that comes from his grades over the past two years where he has earned a -20.2 collective for his efforts. The interesting thing? Well when the team used more 4-3 looks he was far better, with a +8.0 grade in 2011.
    Last edited by TheVicster; 03-06-2014 at 11:39 AM.

vCash
    My question about PFF's ranking on Jackson, is how was Phil Taylor ranked vs the run? I would look it up but their search feature is terrible, and maybe it is because I don't subscribe to the site, but I almost find the site unusable when looking for specific things without them being posted....anyone else had a better experience trying to use PFF?

We all learned in the time between Goose and Ngata that poor NT play can kill even a HOF 3-4 ILBs career. Everyone thought Lewis was virtually finished around 2005-2006 when his numbers started dipping and he was hit with an injury...then Ngata was drafted and he wasn't mentioned again as being anything but elite for another 5 years.

I'm not saying Jackson is the end all to fix our defense, but I think if Phil Taylor graded poorly against the run at NT...or even better as a 4-3 DT than a 3-4 NT during that time it may explain the difference in Jackson's 3-4 vs 4-3 play as well. Poor NT play means blockers on your ILB....which I'm assuming getting blocked drops your vs run grade on PFF quite a bit.

When looking at ILBs I just look at the fact that if nobody takes on the blockers then they are left to avoid/shed the block plus make the tackle....which IMO would be like a CB getting graded poorly for forcing a WR inside to his safety help which is not there or giving a RB poor marks for getting tackled for a loss when the FB whiffs on a tackle.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 03-06-2014 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    I cant see why rotoworld thinks this was overpaid. I just hope it is front loaded. DQ is better than any options we would find in the draft and he should contribute as a leader and sure tackler. Now we need to focus on Byrd and a Center. Speaking of.. why the fluck hasn't Satele been cut yet? I am kinda getting worried that he will be on the team

vCash
    Well damn, Brad Wells has spoken...

vCash
    [QUOTE=TheVicster;28090147]
    Yes, that is what is being reported. I am talking about the entire contract as I am sure there will be people flipping out about the contract . If the first two years are guaranteed, like Walden's, then there should be no need for complaining, imo [/QUOTE]

I don't know dude. Should we not complain about them signing another undersized LB who struggles against the run?

PFF sayyyyyysssssss...........ding ding ding:

One of the more interesting grades is that of DQwell Jackson who weve put down as a below average starter. Chiefly that comes from his grades over the past two years where he has earned a -20.2 collective for his efforts. The interesting thing? Well when the team used more 4-3 looks he was far better, with a +8.0 grade in 2011.
    Lol, I will give you that I would rather see him closer to 250 but it is what it is ? I am not a huge PFF fan sorry, so what is quoted means little to me. Not too mention it kind of contradicts itself as it says he is a poor run defender but much better as the MLB in the 4-3...which is usually what is required of a MLB?????? So sorry if I can't fully agree with it .

Advanced NFL Stats had him at number 30 of ALL Linebackers regardless of scheme or position. This is above average and takes all facets into regard. Freeman is 27 and Mathis is 9. So that is another perspective and not necessarily correct either?

Here are his stats over the last three years of his career. Which had a different Head Coach and total disarray over that period of time

Pagano was a coach on the team in the early stages of his career.

int: interception
    pd: pass defended
    ff: forced fumble
    fr: fumble recovery

2011: 16 games 115 solo tackles 41 assists 3.5 sacks 1 int 3 pd 1 ff 3 fr
    2012: 16 games 63 solo tackles 51 assists 3.5 sacks 2 int (1 td) 7 pd 2 ff 2 fr
    2013: 16 games 75 solo tackles 65 assists 1.5 sacks 1 int 7 pd 1 ff 1fr
    Last edited by Wyld1; 03-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    I cant see why rotoworld thinks this was overpaid. I just hope it is front loaded. DQ is better than any options we would find in the draft and he should contribute as a leader and sure tackler. Now we need to focus on Byrd and a Center. Speaking of.. why the fluck hasn't Satele been cut yet? I am kinda getting worried that he will be on the team
    My guess (and that is all it is) would be that he won't be cut before his replacement is signed. Cutting him would give the would be replacement more leverage being the Colts would be in need of a starting caliber center. So as long as he isn't getting close to any roster bonuses they are just going to string him along. Which is ****** but part of the business of the NFL.

vCash
    Yeah, I read that somewhere too. It makes perfect sense.

vCash
    but one that is entering his age-31 season, fits better in a 4-3 scheme and has struggled badly against the run over the last two years.
    I read that somewhere last year too when they changed the Browns D to 3-4. I think he can be a good player still but not sure about his fit in our defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I read that somewhere last year too when they changed the Browns D to 3-4. I think he can be a good player still but not sure about his fit in our defense.
    That was what Rotoworld wrote I only posted it and I don't agree with it

He is a fine veteran who is a 3 down player who plays the run and pass well....not great but above average and once the contract particulars come out it will become clearer in regards to over paying or not?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast