Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Ted Need To Stop Sitting On His Hands!

Gotcha!

But for real is the fact we resigned ZERO of our own. This is not in the least bit typical. Is this a sign of a sea change and a real dip in free agency this year or just starting 5 UDFAS is the plan again.

I'm honestly convinced if nothing happens before it starts that it means we want to be players and we're going to still consider our own but gauge then against others.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-06-2014 at 06:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Dammit, supposed to be "Needs" obviously. Made it off my phone.

vCash
    I wish so badly I could be a fly on the wall and know what exactly the plan is right now. It really is strange that we haven't resigned anyone, and it sounds like we've barely even offered out any contracts to our own.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: | Yards: | TDs: | Avg:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I wish so badly I could be a fly on the wall and know what exactly the plan is right now. It really is strange that we haven't resigned anyone, and it sounds like we've barely even offered out any contracts to our own.
    Do you think it's because of what I said maybe then or am I nuts?

vCash
    Scheftler reporting were close to signing BJ Raji to a one year deal.
    The Beginning of a Dynasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    i think he just doesn't want most of them back honestly
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    i think he just doesn't want most of them back honestly
    That's not normal for him and you know it. Why the sudden change not to love his own

vCash
    That's not normal for him and you know it. Why the sudden change not to love his own
    And it's not true. There were reports that he wants Lattimore back but don't want to invest a tender. But I guess Lattimore is easier replaceable than some other free agents.

I guess TT wants a few of our FA back but he thinks their market value is cheaper than they would want right now. So he waits. Although I changed my mind about Kuhn, he is replaceable. EDS is also replaceable. Finley is not healthy yet.

The only one who he wants back right now but can't sign is Shields. But he wants to test FA

vCash
    I'm sure they probably are working on deals for everyone that they want to keep. I still have a hard time believing he's going to completely break away from what he's done and spend a ton of money on other guys, especially when he has the option to pay our own and that's what he's liked to do forever now. Like Berliner said though, I'm sure he's hoping that the market is going to drive some of these guys prices down, it's just an awfully risky thing to do. But it's better than grossly overpaying just to keep them. As someone who follows the Cowboys closely, I'm thankful more and more every day for TT after watching Jerruh run that team into the dirt.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: | Yards: | TDs: | Avg:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I'm sure they probably are working on deals for everyone that they want to keep. I still have a hard time believing he's going to completely break away from what he's done and spend a ton of money on other guys, especially when he has the option to pay our own and that's what he's liked to do forever now. Like Berliner said though, I'm sure he's hoping that the market is going to drive some of these guys prices down, it's just an awfully risky thing to do. But it's better than grossly overpaying just to keep them. As someone who follows the Cowboys closely, I'm thankful more and more every day for TT after watching Jerruh run that team into the dirt.
    It's not that they aren't working on deals for everyone.

It's the fact he's going to say "hey, we've wanted to keep our own and still do. But we've maybe jumped the gun and paid a bit too much lately and it hasn't worked out great. Let's let the market set the value and have deals ready we feel comfortable with, but not overpay for the security. Especially now that we have the cap to look at other players in a very real way."

I think in the past, our own guy this like 20% bump, like they were 20% more valuable than another equal player. I don't think they're doing that this year. If that makes any sense.

I think part of it is roster turnover. I'm a big fan of churning the back half of the roster. I think it's a really underrated thing. It promotes a lot of good IMO.

vCash
    “I think what they’re going to do is let guys go out there and see if the grass is greener,” said an agent who has regular dealings with the Packers. “If he ends up coming back, it will be at a lower number than what he was asking for or expecting. It opens up more room for them to bring back some of their core depth.”
    vv

vCash
    Patrick Daugherty ranks the league's general managers

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-nfls-best-gms

He has TT #3
    If i am on your block list then don't view my posts!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Patrick Daugherty ranks the league's general managers

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-nfls-best-gms

He has TT #3
    Bellichick as the best GM in football? Please... I think he's hands down the best coach- nobody can touch him in that regard. He looks like a great GM because he can get his pieces to work for him the way he needs. If he was strictly the GM and somebody else was coaching... I don't think they would've had anywhere near the success they've had.

vCash
    It's funny how MEH Belichick has been in the draft since a lot of the guys behind him walked. (So have we mostly)

And then Ozzie had no real post SB plan. And they had to give Flacco 12 billion.

It just shows you how every GM has their flaws.

vCash
    he relaized how awful the defnese was last year would be my best guess. need to switch it up
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast