Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    also, lol at using MLB.com prospect rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    also, lol at using MLB.com prospect rankings.
    lol at saying someone is a "big time 40-HRs a year prospect" You saying that is every bit as funny as us saying Bundy is a future ace in that case.

Well we know it isn't going to happen with Wieters on the shelf for what is probably going to be at least another month. I also don't see Bundy going anywhere.

Yeah I still wouldn't give up Bundy AND Harvey. The Orioles need a true ace pitcher. Grow the arms, buy the bats.

Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    Yeah I still wouldn't give up Bundy AND Harvey. The Orioles need a true ace pitcher. Grow the arms, buy the bats.
    That is a truly terrible strategy. Pitchers have a much higher rate of failure than hitters do. Draft hitters and then move them for pitchers later on.

how is that a terrible strategy? Obviously, you need to develop both hitters and pitchers to be successful, but Oakland and TB seem to do a pretty good job developing their own arms, then trading them for arms and bats. So I don't know what you are talking about saying that is a "truly terrible strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    how is that a terrible strategy? Obviously, you need to develop both hitters and pitchers to be successful, but Oakland and TB seem to do a pretty good job developing their own arms, then trading them for arms and bats. So I don't know what you are talking about saying that is a "truly terrible strategy."
    With premium picks you take bats because they're much more likely to succeed. After that you just take a shotgun approach with pitchers because they're so volatile. Ignoring hitters with premium picks to "grow the arms" is an extremely risky and inefficient way to build a farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    With premium picks you take bats because they're much more likely to succeed. After that you just take a shotgun approach with pitchers because they're so volatile. Ignoring hitters with premium picks to "grow the arms" is an extremely risky and inefficient way to build a farm.
    True, however with the Orioles track record, signing free agent pitchers is terrible. Jimenez is I believe the longest contract given in O's history to a free agent pitcher. Our quality pitchers come through trades and the draft, not signing in free agency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12