Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Your thoughts on this deal

Wieters, bundy and Harvey for samardija, W. Castillo, vogelbach, szczur and Blackburn

Your thoughts.... Cubs forum is having a discussion
    Last edited by petrey10; 03-07-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I forgot Castillo

vCash
    Well, the Orioles are in win now mode, so Wieters isn't going anywhere unless we TANK in the first half. Samardija is a good pitcher and all, but there's no way in hell Duquette would trade Bundy to get him. Bundy is a centerpiece for a superstar, not a good pitcher. I wouldn't take this trade even if you added Bryant to your list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    Well, the Orioles are in win now mode, so Wieters isn't going anywhere unless we TANK in the first half. Samardija is a good pitcher and all, but there's no way in hell Duquette would trade Bundy to get him. Bundy is a centerpiece for a superstar, not a good pitcher. I wouldn't take this trade even if you added Bryant to your list.
    hey im not arguing with you at all... I said the O's hang up on the Cubs.

Just looking for some opinions from the O's point of view to see if Im really off base bc some guys in the Cubs forum think this is a great deal for both sides.... i jsut don't see it even considering Wieters' future cost and Bundy TJS.

Would love to see some more opinions

vCash
    I feel Bundy would only be given up for a package to someone like Price, scherzer.

Of course it would have to be Bundy + a few other pieces for one of them, but that is what I see.

vCash
    ^this, Bundy isn't going anywhere. The Cubs do not have the impact talent it would take for us to trade him.

vCash
    ^this, Bundy isn't going anywhere. The Cubs do not have the impact talent it would take for us to trade him.
    guys I did forget to add W.Castillo to this deal... my bad

Also I am not saying this trade will happen. I am just curious what you as O's fans would think of this trade.

Because I am getting ripped apart in the Cubs forum for saying the O's would hang up and laugh at this proposed deal

vCash
    Send your buddies over here to this forum and discuss, but I do not view that as a fair deal in any way shape or form and the Orioles would hang up on the Cubs for that deal. Literally, you could add W Castillo and Kris Bryant to the deal, and we would still say no.

The Shark is average, and you are right. Anyone who thinks the above proposed trade is fair is delusional and incorrect. The Cubs have no players worth Dylan Bundy, or Harvey for that matter. At least to us.

vCash
    If we did go for Samardjia, the package would headline either Eduardo Rodriguez OR Jonathan Schoop. Bundy would be brought up by Hoyer, then shot down by Duquette in a second.

vCash
    Send your buddies over here to this forum and discuss, but I do not view that as a fair deal in any way shape or form and the Orioles would hang up on the Cubs for that deal. Literally, you could add W Castillo and Kris Bryant to the deal, and we would still say no.

The Shark is average, and you are right. Anyone who thinks the above proposed trade is fair is delusional and incorrect. The Cubs have no players worth Dylan Bundy, or Harvey for that matter. At least to us.
    Considering Bryant is worth more than Bundy right now and Castillo is likely at least similar if not equal value to Wieters considering he outperformed him last year and is under control for 2 years longer, the delusion isn't coming from our side.

vCash
    the only reason Bundy is dogged is because he just had TJ surgery. Once he is healthy, he is already throwing at 150 feet and moving to 180, he would be ranked higher than #9 (where Bryant is ranked in the top 10 prospects on MLB). All I'm saying is add Bryant to that trade proposal above and Duquette still says no.

vCash
    Then Duqette has no business being a GM. Bats are safer than arms especially one coming off of TJS. This is lopsided and not in the direction you see it.

vCash
    Bryant is a big time thirdbase prospect, I'm not sure if you've heard of Manny Machado but he's the best fielding thirdbasmen in the A.L., Bundy is coming off of TJS however all reports on his progress have been positive he's young and he's gotten the TJS out of the way. Strasburgh is still dominate after the surgery and in todays baseball other players have comeback and done well after the surgery. Most O's fans and front office view Bundy as a future ace of the O's. Castillo for Wieters by itself isn't a bad deal but anyone who wants Wieters at this point in the season is going to have to pay, The Orioles fancy themselves a competitor this season and they are not going to trade Wieters while they still believe there is a chance for the postseason, he's our starting catcher and he means so much to our starting staff and defense. Now if O's are out of it by the trade deadline Wieters becomes much more expendable. The delusion is not in the value of the particular players it's that Cubs fans would think that O's would jeopardize being competitive just to pick up some good but unproven prospects, the deal just doesn't make sense for the Orioles and that's what Dan Duquette would and should say.

vCash
    ^yes, but Bryant isn't read to step in and play 3B at the major league level yet. Hypothetically the O's got Bryant, he would probably start at 3rd opening day 2015 after Machado shifts to SS after Hardy leaves via free agency. Extension progress isn't looking promising currently.

vCash
    Bryant is a big-time "Hit 40 HRs a year" prospect. Position isn't that important in his case.

vCash
    There's no such thing as "getting TJS out of the way." Players who have had it are much more likely to have it again in the next seven years than those who haven't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast