Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What did you think of your team's trade deadline?

The move, not making a move, overall, etc..

vCash
    hemskys not a bad pick up especially at the cost that we paid but its the type of move that should have been done earlier

waiving conacher still makes no sense especially since we are trying to get 3 scoring lines going and i rather conacher then condra

resigned phillips....****

vCash
    I'm ok with what the Leafs did, nothing.

Goc and Meszaros would have been good pickups for what they went for and also fit in with what we needed. A 3rd line C that can kill a penalty and play solid defense, and a defenseman that can play 18 minutes on the right side. But the cap stood in our way. Can't be too mad at that.

vCash
    For Detroit we needed two things. We needed a #4/5 defenseman and a top six centre. Got the top six centre, and missed out on a defenseman from what I've heard, a lot of GMs that were saying defenseman wanted too much.

However, Detroit traded a 3rd/2nd AND top five prospect in our system for an expiring David Legwand. I think Legwand is a solid pick-up but not ina deal with Calle Jarnkrok.

So I myself was not happy with the day.

vCash
    I also think Buffalo has been amazing the past week. They've got themselves some really interesting trades.

vCash
    Happy if we didnt add the stipulation that our 2nd pick turns into a 1st if we make conference finals, that would be three years without a first round pick since we didn't have one last year.

vCash
    Meszaros for a 3rd, probably the biggest steal at the deadline IMO, gotta be happy to be a Bruins fan tonight.

vCash
    Meszaros for a 3rd is pretty much where his value is at right now. Vanek was the steal and actually the reason I am lukewarm on the deadline. Mez was fine and fills a need, but looking at the prices some guys were going (i.e. Vanek's deal), I would've loved to see PC do more than Mez.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Meszaros for a 3rd is pretty much where his value is at right now. Vanek was the steal and actually the reason I am lukewarm on the deadline. Mez was fine and fills a need, but looking at the prices some guys were going (i.e. Vanek's deal), I would've loved to see PC do more than Mez.
    as trade deadline value, sure, but long term?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    as trade deadline value, sure, but long term?
    I don't understand what you're saying here. Mez is a UFA and unlikely to stay here past this year so he doesn't have much long term value to the B's. Same with Vanek.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

11. 03-05-2014, 10:16 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash

What did you think of your team's trade deadline?

Mez was kind of an overpayment actually. It's a 3rd that becomes a second if we make the ECF. A little high, but he's a good player who got very poorly used in Philly, so whatever. I thought there were lots of actual steals today.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Thomas Vanek was the biggest steal. I think Corey Conacher off waivers was a steal. Brandon Pirri for a 3rd and 5th was a steal. David Rundlad for a 2nd was a steal. Calle Jarnkrok + 2nd + Patrick Eaves for David Legwand was a steal (for Nashville). I forget his name, but Calgary bent over Colorado in that trade.

vCash
    Retto Berra for a 2nd? I thought that was a good trade for Burkie

EDIT: Even though my post doesn`t show it, i miss read what you wrote Bran. I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Thomas Vanek was the biggest steal. I think Corey Conacher off waivers was a steal. Brandon Pirri for a 3rd and 5th was a steal. David Rundlad for a 2nd was a steal. Calle Jarnkrok + 2nd + Patrick Eaves for David Legwand was a steal (for Nashville). I forget his name, but Calgary bent over Colorado in that trade.
    I also thought gaborik and Moulson were pretty good deals.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    The moves we made were all nice. Penner was a steal. I like the Brown kid from Phoenix. Grabbed a few picks. Even getting Halak on the cheap was nice.

BUT, we still are an absolutely awful team on the backend and Mcphee did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fix it. We just got torn apart by the Flyers because we employ a defense that gives large minutes to John Erskine, Jack Hillen, Mike Green, Dmitry Orlov and Connor Carrick.

Caps trade deadline grade from me: D-

We suck and aren't making the playoffs.
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast