Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How about that Vanek Trade?

Haha yeah... There's no light at the end of this tunnel

vCash
    I was just listening to Garth Snow "explain" the Vanek trade and he talked about how he also gave up a 1st and a 2nd round pick in that deal, but then he defended it by saying, "but we recovered that 2nd round pick by trading MacDonald."

I mean... WHAT? What kind of logic is that? "We gave picks away but don't worry, we got one of them back by giving another player away"? LOL
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I was just listening to Garth Snow "explain" the Vanek trade and he talked about how he also gave up a 1st and a 2nd round pick in that deal, but then he defended it by saying, "but we recovered that 2nd round pick by trading MacDonald."

I mean... WHAT? What kind of logic is that? "We gave picks away but don't worry, we got one of them back by giving another player away"? LOL
    He's a joke and it's extremely grueling and hard for me to take this team serious until Wang sells.

vCash
    Garth Snow should be fired... But he should have a scouting position. Anders Lee has been amazing.

vCash
    I hope for your team's sake that Garth Snow gets fired. Horrible GM. I liked the Vanek trade for you guys at the time (although the picks should've been conditional based on Vanek re-signing). In hindsight, the deal looks terrible now that you guys might have a top-5 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I hope for your team's sake that Garth Snow gets fired. Horrible GM. I liked the Vanek trade for you guys at the time (although the picks should've been conditional based on Vanek re-signing). In hindsight, the deal looks terrible now that you guys might have a top-5 pick.
    He's a good drafter but cannot make trades worth a ****. Collberg has some upside though kid looked really good for Sweden Juniors over the years good stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    He's a good drafter but cannot make trades worth a ****. Collberg has some upside though kid looked really good for Sweden Juniors over the years good stats
    I do like Collberg, but to not get a 1st back with him is a joke after what they gave up to get him.

vCash
    I do like Collberg, but to not get a 1st back with him is a joke after what they gave up to get him.
    Yeah I'm hoping this Collberg kid pans out I see him as a very good 2nd line player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping this Collberg kid pans out I see him as a very good 2nd line player
    Yeah, he's got some nice upside. I hope for your team's sake, you get a huge steal with that 2nd round pick and end up drafting the next Shea Weber.

vCash
    Yeah, he's got some nice upside. I hope for your team's sake, you get a huge steal with that 2nd round pick and end up drafting the next Shea Weber.
    Garth's a good drafter but we got raped on the deal... He needs to go as GM

vCash
    How's the prospect that we got back... What a screw up .. Can't even think of a word that defines this whole situation.... Get ridda snow

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    How's the prospect that we got back... What a screw up .. Can't even think of a word that defines this whole situation.... Get ridda snow
    Gonna be a 1st/2nd line forward kid has potential, but we still lost the trade