Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Red Wings acquire David Legwand

#RedWings have acquired David Legwand from Nashville
    Helene St. James twitter

vCash
    If we got him on the cheap, I like the signing. A solid center and at least a 40 point scorer. Probably not going to light up the scoreboards, but should fit in well on the 2nd line.

vCash

vCash
    Not a big fan.. Hopefully this works out.. i dont like that a prospect was given for this guy

vCash
    Sigh~I was content with Holland sitting on his hands....Who did we have to give up???? I am not liking this....If we gave up Jurco/Alms/etc etc...We will have paid to much....

vCash
    they're saying we gave up Jarnkrok

vCash
    I'd be stunned if the Wings gave up any major prospect for him. Speculation seems to be Ferraro is the prospect but nothing confirmed.

Edit: DOug and Gator seem to think it is Jarnkrok. That's a lot higher of a price than I thought.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 03-05-2014 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    I'm guessing the prospect is one of Parkes/Callahan/Ferraro, which is fine because they did not seem to have a future here. I'm also very happy in trading Patrick Eaves as I know Trotz will give him a chance to play each night.

We needed this trade first off. David Legwand has a very good two-way game, is gritty, and has some size. He's actually had a very good season offensively (40 points in 60 games).

vCash
    Sometimes I wonder... Vanek went for a prospect 1 conditonal 2nd round and 1 2nd round. was he not worth taking a shot at? I under stand we have issues at center but legwand isn't the answer. But this is a typical holland move. Is he expiring?

vCash
    Hey fellas, been out for a bit, too busy but I gotta weigh in on this. We just traded for a center. Anyone else alittle concerned with that? Pavs, Z (yes he'll be back and yes he'll be a winger) Helm, Weiss, Andy now Legwand. Who's out when the Wings get healthy? I guess Andy will be sitting. Eaves was a good one to move though.

vCash
    The Predators end up with Patrick Eaves, a third round pick, and an as-yet-unnamed prospect from the Red Wings' AHL affiliate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indi23 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder... Vanek went for a prospect 1 conditonal 2nd round and 1 2nd round. was he not worth taking a shot at? I under stand we have issues at center but legwand isn't the answer. But this is a typical holland move. Is he expiring?
    "The Islanders, who had acquired Vanek earlier this season in a trade with the Buffalo Sabres, received a conditional second-round draft pick and prospect Sebastian Collberg from the Canadiens, according to the source."

It seems like the Wings could have matched that. You have to remember that Vanek has said that he wants to play for the Wild, so would it be worth the risk. IMO, no unless the Wings could have gotten some type of committment from Vanek to stay.

vCash

vCash
    Minny just got moulson.. Is it even possible for them to land Vanek?

vCash
    Runors are strong about Calle Harnkork being the prospect.. Wow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast