Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

More Likely? Lebron surpassing MJ as a player or Durant surpassing MJ as a scorer

Which is more likely. That Lebron surpasses MJ as a basketball player, or Durant surpassing MJ as a scorer?
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 03-05-2014 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    I doubt LeBron ever surpasses Jordan as a player because he's just a better player.

Jordan is the greatest player and scorer ever. Which is more likely to be taken from him? Probably the title of best scorer ever.

Because Durant is a better shooter than Jordan. He's taller and longer. Jordan couldn't get to line and knock them down like Durant. He wasn't as consistent of 3 pt shooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beyourself View Post
    I doubt LeBron ever surpasses Jordan as a player because he's just a better player.

Jordan is the greatest player and scorer ever. Which is more likely to be taken from him? Probably the title of best scorer ever.

Because Durant is a better shooter than Jordan. He's taller and longer. Jordan couldn't get to line and knock them down like Durant. He wasn't as consistent of 3 pt shooter.
    I would say that there are more things Lebron can do that Jordan can't as a player than there are things Durant can do that Jordan can't do as a scorer.

vCash
    Durant as a scorer sounds most likely as he is a better shooter. I find it hard to imagine anyone passing Jordan's legacy, but that could change with more titles (not only for Lebron, but possibly Durant as well). Jordan will likely still be GOAT when these two retire though.

vCash
    LeBron gets closer as a player, but probably can't pass Jordan. KD has a real shot as a scorer, and it's a bit too early to really starting talking about him as an overall player.

If KD's scoring stays like this for the duration of his peak, he can take the throne as the best scorer ever IMO. And I don't even like the guy.

vCash
    You guys really think Durant can be the best scorer? IMO Tmac is still better than Durant as a scorer as of right now but he will be better when its all said and done.

vCash
    Durant as a scorer. The guy can get his shot from anywhere he wants at any time and if you try to outsmart him and foul him, he'll go to the line and shoot 90% from the line.

I think Lebron and MJ are very different as players so it's hard to compare their skillsets. I think the better comparison would be Lebron and Magic.

vCash

exactly, nicely said

its what I have been telling the genius dummies on here that if you can just naturally shoot better than someone you can see it, I don't give a **** about PER or efficient because its clear as day that KD can outshoot JORDAN damn near with his eyes closed from 3pt and pretty much anywhere outside of a layup dunk, anywhere with range he is purely better

same thing I was saying about IVERSON the other day on here, he can shoot better than JORDAN naturally he was just shorter so that was his only weakness, for KD that's no prob at all and he accomplished more as a team player than JORDAN during first 6yrs, reaching a finals trip

JORDAN is one of the best ever, but the mediahype made it 10x worse for others who are just as good on individual level, it wasn't like JORDAN was miles ahead of DREXLER/NIQUE/BARKLEY/DREAM during era, he had the mediahype 10x over for sure though pushing it into space jam stratoshphere brainwashing wise

vCash
    i WOULD SAY DURANT AS A SCORER, BECAUSE HE PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS NOW AND IF THEY TRADE WESTBROOK FOR MORE OF A PLAYMAKER INSTEAD OF A SCORER AT PG TO REPLACE WESTBROOK THAT IMPROVES DURANT'S CHANCES IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    exactly, nicely said

its what I have been telling the genius dummies on here that if you can just naturally shoot better than someone you can see it, I don't give a **** about PER or efficient because its clear as day that KD can outshoot JORDAN damn near with his eyes closed from 3pt and pretty much anywhere outside of a layup dunk, anywhere with range he is purely better

same thing I was saying about IVERSON the other day on here, he can shoot better than JORDAN naturally he was just shorter so that was his only weakness, for KD that's no prob at all and he accomplished more as a team player than JORDAN during first 6yrs, reaching a finals trip

JORDAN is one of the best ever, but the mediahype made it 10x worse for others who are just as good on individual level, it wasn't like JORDAN was miles ahead of DREXLER/NIQUE/BARKLEY/DREAM during era, he had the mediahype 10x over for sure though pushing it into space jam stratoshphere brainwashing wise
    The 10 consecutive scoring titles didn't hurt. Serious question, how old are you. To say Jordan was miles ahead of these guys may not be accurate, but to say he was easily better than these guys may be an understatement. To say its clear as day that Durant can out shoot Jordan makes me think you didn't watch enough mike. Jordan's midrange jumper was unstoppable and he could get it anytime he wanted. He could get to the hole anytime he wanted. He could drop 50 any time he wanted. Jordan was impossible to stop. He was quicker and faster and twice the athlete that KD is.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 03-05-2014 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Durant will have 4 scoring titles by age 25.

On 48 fg% 37 3PT% 88 FT%

Unreal.

vCash
    LeBron as a player. This is really, really close though. I wouldn't doubt both happening.

Durant reminds me of a larger Reggie Miller. He needs to win a few rings, which I think he can to solidify himself as the best scorer. As unrelated as they sound, they matter. That's just the way people view the "best" at something.

LeBron will win at least another title in Miami. I think the Heat will win it this year against San Antonio in 6. If he 3peats, the Heat will have to make some moves to get younger and build a strong future foundation for him so that he stays long term. If he ever leaves and wins a title somewhere else, like a Cleveland or somewhere without a legitimate superstar, then I think he is the GOAT. I don't think James will return to Cleveland this year, but I wouldn't doubt it later down the road.

Basically this is how it happens :

Durant wins some titles and a few more scoring titles. Best scorer.
    LeBron wins another ring in Miami and a fourth/fifth on another team. Arguably GOAT.
    LeBron fourpeats and wins 5 MVPs in a row. GOAT.

vCash
    Durant will have 4 scoring titles by age 25.

On 48 fg% 37 3PT% 88 FT%

Unreal.
    Jordan won 10 straight.
    Unrealer

vCash
    Geez Lebron scores 61 in a blowout game (which I'm surprised no one is wondering why he never sat down after he was blowing the crappy bobcats away)... Durant plays Philly yesterday gets 42 points and after the 3rd quarter he sits down because he destroyed them... He could have stayed in to get 60 points or more but why? For personal vanity... Also Jordans 63 point game had more relanvenace because it wasn't a blow out, he was needed and it was the playoffs annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it was against a team that ended up winning it all that year in Boston... Not one of the worst teams in the league. To many things getting overblown by that performance.
    Last edited by ghettosean; 03-05-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Well....what does Lebron passing Jordan as a player look like?

i.e. how do we define when he has surpassed him?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast