Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,213
    vCash
    1500

    Something is up...

    Things to not add up, but that could just be the Knicks being the Knicks and Dolan being Dolan.

    However, if the Knicks are "desperate to keep Melo" wouldn't they have fired Woodson by now? Wouldn't they have been more desperate to make a deal at the trade deadline? Wouldn't they have traded for Lowry?

    All these Knicks FO moves point toward only two possibilities.


    1. The Knicks already know that Melo is staying and will be patient until next season when our expiring contracts have more value and better deals can be made.

    2. The Knicks do not intend to re-sign Melo and have an alternate plan for the future.

    #1 is pretty simple, with the intention being to target expiring contracts that could be valuable in 2014 to rebuild a better future team in 2014 or 2015 at the latest. Unfortunately, word quickly got out with Anthony's "free agency" talks and the media got on the case kicking every tire. This could have had the effect of making players feel they were only trade fodder and Woodson was a lame duck coach. Woodson not being a good enough coach to get beyond the "lame duck" perception, quickly devolved into the clusterphuck we are in now.

    #2 Would imply that when Dolan decided on Melo over D'Antoni, he did so on a probationary basis. And since Melo has not been able to deliver, the FO is looking at moving on from Melo and looking to a quick rebuild with expirings next season and cap space in 2015. This would explain Dolan's reluctance to make any "win now" moves during the season. His willingness to keep Woodson as head coach, despite his poor performance. No sense of urgency or desperation regarding Melo's coming free agency. Unwillingness to trade Shump. Keep in mind that the only deal the Knicks were willing to do at the deadline was one in which we dumped the 2015 salary of Felton and Shump (cap hold).


    If you guys have any other theories that fit the facts, please feel free.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    320
    vCash
    1500
    I really think melo is staying in NY and taking less $$

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,470
    vCash
    1500
    Good points but I think the knicks are just being the knicks...and if 2 was true they would traded melo and pretty much cleaned house if they wanted to truly rebuild....this team isnt run well to give them any benefit of the doubt...

    And the reason I think woodson isnt fired yet cuz hes caa...hes isaiah s boy...he was dolans choice and I read a quote in the papers saying " he can be more patient than procarav(nets owner" back in nov....so thats dolan being dumbass dolan
    Last edited by redhorse; 03-05-2014 at 12:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,115
    vCash
    1500
    I think melo is staying. We are a panic organization; if melo didn't assure FO that he was staying then we would have made a move for sure.

    #KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysons_Beard View Post
    I really think melo is staying in NY and taking less $$
    I thought that for most of the season, but the reluctance to fire Woodson or make any substantial trades this season points in a different direction. You have players publicly calling out the coach almost every game. You have the coach blubbering the same things over and over and he doesn't even believe them anymore. Why let your star player suffer through that? When he is going to become a free agent no less? In a year where you don't have a draft choice?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,675
    vCash
    1500
    Melo will take less money. Come Nov 2015, our starting lineup should look like this:

    Rondo
    Hardaway
    Afflalo
    Melo
    Love

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
    Good points but I think the knicks are just being the knicks...and if 2 was true they would traded melo and pretty much cleaned house if they wanted to truly rebuild....this team isnt run well to give them any benefit of the doubt
    They would have traded Melo, but then you have a poor season with no star, no draft pick and a **** coach and nothing to sell to the fans. Remember this is the inaugural year of new MSG. Trading Melo at the deadline gives us far less leverage, less trade partners and ultimately less value than in the offseason if our intention is to rebuild.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    17,294
    vCash
    1500
    Youre right something doesnt add up. I'm glad we didn't even make any stupid moves before deadline. This organization is notorious for it and still fans were upset about no moves? The season was over before deadline too...lmao.

    I think Melo is staying but as for the paycut business I'm not entirely sure yet. If he does do that, I would respect him in a whole different level especially after this nightmare of a season.

    The other question is about Tyson Chandler. Is he willing to wait? Based on his comments after the Detroit game... I dont think so. Keep an eye out on what happens to him this off season.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    BK, NY
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Things to not add up, but that could just be the Knicks being the Knicks and Dolan being Dolan.

    However, if the Knicks are "desperate to keep Melo" wouldn't they have fired Woodson by now? Wouldn't they have been more desperate to make a deal at the trade deadline? Wouldn't they have traded for Lowry?

    All these Knicks FO moves point toward only two possibilities.


    1. The Knicks already know that Melo is staying and will be patient until next season when our expiring contracts have more value and better deals can be made.

    2. The Knicks do not intend to re-sign Melo and have an alternate plan for the future.

    #1 is pretty simple, with the intention being to target expiring contracts that could be valuable in 2014 to rebuild a better future team in 2014 or 2015 at the latest. Unfortunately, word quickly got out with Anthony's "free agency" talks and the media got on the case kicking every tire. This could have had the effect of making players feel they were only trade fodder and Woodson was a lame duck coach. Woodson not being a good enough coach to get beyond the "lame duck" perception, quickly devolved into the clusterphuck we are in now.

    #2 Would imply that when Dolan decided on Melo over D'Antoni, he did so on a probationary basis. And since Melo has not been able to deliver, the FO is looking at moving on from Melo and looking to a quick rebuild with expirings next season and cap space in 2015. This would explain Dolan's reluctance to make any "win now" moves during the season. His willingness to keep Woodson as head coach, despite his poor performance. No sense of urgency or desperation regarding Melo's coming free agency. Unwillingness to trade Shump. Keep in mind that the only deal the Knicks were willing to do at the deadline was one in which we dumped the 2015 salary of Felton and Shump (cap hold).


    If you guys have any other theories that fit the facts, please feel free.
    #2 is out. Dolan loves Melo too much. I think they either know he's staying and standing pat, or Melo doesn't know what he's doing and may leave the Knicks jilted at the altar.


    JETS KNICKS YANKEES

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,133
    vCash
    1500
    If we cannot get help for melo this off season by end of june/ nba draft...he will test the waters to what other team wants him and he will definitely leave and not even think twice...
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,133
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Youre right something doesnt add up. I'm glad we didn't even make any stupid moves before deadline. This organization is notorious for it and still fans were upset about no moves? The season was over before deadline too...lmao.

    I think Melo is staying but as for the paycut business I'm not entirely sure yet. If he does do that, I would respect him in a whole different level especially after this nightmare of a season.

    The other question is about Tyson Chandler. Is he willing to wait? Based on his comments after the Detroit game... I dont think so. Keep an eye out on what happens to him this off season.
    He can leave right now if he wants! Dude was a major disappointment this year...if we can somehow get Pau Gasol and lowry in the off season they'd be a nice addtions...we truly need to quicken the pace and get some solid leadership..lowry and gasol both play defense and score...we need more 2 way players...I could see a line up of

    pg - lowry
    sg - THJ
    sf - Melo
    PF - Gasol
    C - Chandler

    if we could somehow get rid of amare and/or bargnani's contracts
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1460
    The Knicks need picks. Bottom line

    We're not getting any you ger

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,658
    vCash
    1500
    LOLS there are people here thinking Melo is taking less money to stay w/ this team? as currently ran?
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    505
    vCash
    1500
    This whole mello saga sounds so similar to the D Howard rumors in LA last year. The writing was on the wall long before Dwight signed elsewhere but all of Hollywood didnt want to see it. im seeing the same with mello and i really think melo is counting the days for the season to be over with so he can bolt as howard did. its known news that mello made a trip to the bulls locker room after there loss over the weekend to speak to noah so thats something that makes you think hmm.

  15. #15
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    8,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Youre right something doesnt add up. I'm glad we didn't even make any stupid moves before deadline. This organization is notorious for it and still fans were upset about no moves? The season was over before deadline too...lmao.

    I think Melo is staying but as for the paycut business I'm not entirely sure yet. If he does do that, I would respect him in a whole different level especially after this nightmare of a season.

    The other question is about Tyson Chandler. Is he willing to wait? Based on his comments after the Detroit game... I dont think so. Keep an eye out on what happens to him this off season.
    I really hope Chandler is traded. I wanted him traded this deadline for future assets, but it didn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •