Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Washington Capitals at Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 8:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

Game Notes:

- Capitals will be without Dmitri Orlov tonight after getting a 2 game suspension for his hit on Brayden Schenn on Sunday afternoon.
    - Jack Hillen will take Orlov's spot in the lineup; he's coming back from a broken leg.
    - Newly acquired Dustin Penner will make his Capitals debut tonight.
    - Flyers will look to create more wiggle room from the Capitals after their comeback OT win on Sunday afternoon.
    - Flyers are 2-1-0 after the Olympic break and 7-3-0 over their last 10 games; Flyers are 31-17-6 since starting the season 1-7-0.
    - Newly acquired Andrew MacDonald will make his Flyers debut tonight; it is unknown at the moment who he will be paired with.
    - This is the 5th and final meeting between the two teams tonight; the season series is tied at two games apiece.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 03-05-2014 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how much different these teams look after 3pm. They are already slightly different from Sunday's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    - Flyers are 2-1-0 after the Olympic break and 7-3-0 over their last 10 games; Flyers are 31-17-6 since starting the season 4-10-1.
    That can't be right, it should be 28-14-5 since they are 32-24-6 on the season. Either way, that means since Giroux scored his first goal they have 61 points in 47 games. If not for that brutal 15 game stretch to start the season, we'd be on pace for 106 points.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I look at a 106 point team I see a team that can compete with anyone in a 7 game series. It's not to say they would be favorites against everyone else, just that over 7 games, we'd be competitive against everyone, including Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Anaheim. And those are the only 5 teams I'd be "afraid" of in a 7 games series. I don't care how many points we are behind Colorado, San Jose, Montreal, or Los Angeles, we're just as good as any of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    That can't be right, it should be 28-14-5 since they are 32-24-6 on the season. Either way, that means since Giroux scored his first goal they have 61 points in 47 games. If not for that brutal 15 game stretch to start the season, we'd be on pace for 106 points.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I look at a 106 point team I see a team that can compete with anyone in a 7 game series. It's not to say they would be favorites against everyone else, just that over 7 games, we'd be competitive against everyone, including Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Anaheim. And those are the only 5 teams I'd be "afraid" of in a 7 games series. I don't care how many points we are behind Colorado, San Jose, Montreal, or Los Angeles, we're just as good as any of them.

Yeah that 4-10-1 was supposed to be from when they started 1-7-0. My fault. Thanks.

vCash
    Either way, the turn around of this team is still pretty incredible considering they had like 22 goals after 15 games and are now in the top half of the league in scoring.

vCash
    Great start to this game. Pace is fantastic. Flyers are FLYING. Passes on the tape.

Chief looks like he is rolling the D pairs pretty evenly.

vCash
    just turned it on and the announcers are making me feel like I missed a ton. lots of fights or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    just turned it on and the announcers are making me feel like I missed a ton. lots of fights or something?
    Caps erskin and wilson ejected. Vinny was also ejected. This all started from a clean Luke Schenn hit where he destroyed someone. All hell broke loose and full out brawl.

vCash
    Great 20 minutes!

Macdonald made a nice pass to Vinny early on that he couldn't convert anything out of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedstuff14 View Post
    Caps erskin and wilson ejected. Vinny was also ejected. This all started from a clean Luke Schenn hit where he destroyed someone. All hell broke loose and full out brawl.
    ejected? what the hell did they do to get ejected leave the bench or something?

If that Luke Schenn hit was by the Flyers bench, I saw the replay and it looked incredible

vCash
    Luke Schenn stapled Stoa to the boards. While they were tied up Wilson came over and goaded Schenn into a fight. They dropped the gloves but the refs got in between. Then Erskin went after Vinny in the corner and Simmonds and B. Schenn came to his defense. That allowed Luke and Wilson to fight and Luke dropped him with a left to the jaw. Meanwhile Erskin and Vinny went at it. Erskin was beating him pretty good and Simmonds came in while tied up with Carrick and grabbed Erskin and then Vinny decked Erskin with a right.

It all started with a hard clean hit by Luke Schenn.

That was an absolute domination of a period by the Flyers. They were fast. They were physical. They were crisp. Their gap control was fantastic. They outshot the Caps 13-3 that period.

60 minutes is the key. Do this for 60 minutes boys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    ejected? what the hell did they do to get ejected leave the bench or something?

If that Luke Schenn hit was by the Flyers bench, I saw the replay and it looked incredible
    It was. Incredible hit. Absolutely stapled him.

vCash
    i'm gonna give props to tom wilson for not decapitating luke schenn when he was in a seriously vulnerable position. schenn's legs got pinned down during their fight and wilson disengaged despite schenn having already dropped his gloves and thrown a punch.

vCash
    vinny being gone is a shame too, since he really looked like he had his legs under him. then again, the whole team looks like they have their legs under them. really, really good period of hockey for the flyers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i'm gonna give props to tom wilson for not decapitating luke schenn when he was in a seriously vulnerable position. schenn's legs got pinned down during their fight and wilson disengaged despite schenn having already dropped his gloves and thrown a punch.
    Eh I really wouldnt give him credit....if he hit luke, luke's skate probably wouldve amputated Stoa's leg.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast