Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Magic/Bird or Lebron/Durant - Which seasons combined ...

Magic/Bird or Lebron/Durant - Which seasons combined would you say they were roughly equal? What I mean is would you say that Magic and Bird in let's say 1985 was the equivalent of what Lebron and Durant are in 2014? Or would Magic and Bird in 1987 be the equivalent of what Lebron and Durant were in 2013? Etc.

Basically which season would you consider the combo's roughy equal.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    1985 Magic/Bird is probably equivalent to 2003 Lebron/Durant when LeBron was a rookie and Durant was in high school.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

vCash
    Magic/Bird never had a season combined that were as great as KD/LeBron 2014.

vCash
    Bird's one of my all time favorites and was formative into me becoming a basketball fan/player. However, he was never as good as either of these two are right now. His two best seasons individually were obviously his 85 and his 86 seasons. The following two seasons were clearly his 3rd and 4th best. 84 was aided by a great playoff run, but he hadn't quite reached his full ability that regular season. So from his end if we're looking for best combined play it's gotta be 85 and 86. I'm less familiar with Magic, but from the look of things it looks like 87 was his best season. Maybe 89.

I'd say 86 probably was their best combined season. Statistically, they don't compare, however. I can't delve too much deeper into that because all I have are the stats...but there is no argument with using any stat -- be it advanced, basic, counting, super-advanced, or whatever -- that paints a picture where those two were better than these two have been this year. Or last year for that matter.

It's a bit sloppy of a comparison, but LeBron is doing Magic better than Magic ever did, and KD is doing Larry better than Larry ever did.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    What lbj and durant are doing right now is otherworldly. I don't think it's ever been matched before by any two combined players in one season as far as my memory serves.
    Last edited by jerellh528; 03-04-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 35
    Yards: 452
    Tds: 8

vCash
    I know its not a popular stat but has their ever been a season where 2 guys had a PER of 30+?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaner View Post
    I know its not a popular stat but has their ever been a season where 2 guys had a PER of 30+?
    Most recent was 08-09 when james, wade and cp3 all had a per above 30
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 35
    Yards: 452
    Tds: 8

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not so sure any two players in NBA history have been as good as these two are right now.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    LeBron/Paul/Wade was tremendously impressive in 2009. The only other recent possible combo I can think of is T-Mac and Shaq in 2003? But that probably falls considerably short.

Jordan and Robinson didn't really match up great seasons often. Picking a second player that compares during Shaq's years is tough.

I really think this might be unprecedented.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    What lbj and durant are doing right now is otherworldly. I don't think it's ever been matched before by any two combined players in one season as far as my memory serves.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.