Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 61 (3-4-14): Sixers (15-45) @ Thunder (45-15)

@

Philadelphia 76ers - Oklahoma City Thunder

Date: Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
    Time: 8:00 PM EST
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Sixers Young 17.7 MCW 6.2 Young 6.2
    Thunder Durant 31.7 Westbrook 6.7 Ibaka 8.8

Allen Iverson raised his No. 3 to the rafters and had Sixers' fans raising the roof.

For one night in Philadelphia, the spirit of a big game was back, from the four-figure ticket prices on the secondary market to the packed house that roared for legends Julius Erving and Moses Malone, and chanted "MVP!" when Iverson thanked the fans.

The crowd was electric -- then the Sixers pulled the plug.

By the fourth quarter, most of the 20,856 fans fled the Wells Fargo Center, the memories of Iverson's homecoming trumping the idea of sticking around to watch the home team limp toward another loss. The few that remained only cheered when the Sixers scored 100 points, netting them some free fast food.

Coach Brett Brown loved Saturday's atmosphere that was pulled straight from 2001.

"You think, `What can happen if we ever get this right?" he said.

Can they?

The Sixers (15-45) have been every bit as bad as their preseason billing, and have lost 14 straight games following back-to-back defeats last weekend to Washington and Orlando. They've lost 12 straight at home and are freefalling their way toward catching Milwaukee for the worst record in the NBA. They had allowed 100-plus points in 13 straight games before Sunday, their longest single-season streak since 1989.

Iverson, one of the 76ers' all-time greats, has tuned out the Sixers as if they were a coach talking about practice.

"It's hard for me to watch Sixers basketball games," Iverson said, "so I don't."

Toss out rookie Michael Carter-Williams, injured rookie Nerlens Noel, and veteran Thaddeus Young and the Sixers are left with a roster more fitting for the D-League. Henry Sims? Jarvis Varnado? Byron Mullens?

Brown was blunt after the Sixers' 13th straight loss when asked if he wondered if the Sixers would win another game.

"All the time," he said, "I tell them that."

The Sixers are closing in on the longest single-season losing streak in team history, per STATS LLC.

- 20 straight; Jan. 9-Feb. 11, 1973.

- 15 straight; Feb. 9-March 11, 1994.

- 14 straight; Dec. 7, 1972-Jan. 6, 1973.

- 14 straight; Jan. 31-present.

Up next, Tuesday night at Western Conference-leading Oklahoma City.

Does anyone hear 15?

"I am concerned about the perception," NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said. "I am not concerned about what is happening in Philadelphia."

There's little cause for concern in Oklahoma City (45-15), which has bounced back from three straight losses to win its last two. That's due in part to star point guard Russell Westbrook easing the collective mind of Thunder fans, as he scored 26 points in a 116-99 victory over Charlotte on Sunday.

He was 10 of 12 from the floor in 25 minutes in his fifth game since returning from right knee surgery. Westbrook has steadily improved and is looking more like the player he was before he missed 27 games.

"The more I play, the more rhythm I'm able to catch and the more rhythm I'm able to get," he said.

Westbrook scored 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting in the first half.

He's averaged 27.4 points in his last five games against the 76ers, helping Oklahoma City to nine consecutive wins in the series. Kevin Durant had 32 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists in the first meeting this season, a 103-91 road victory Jan. 25 that came without Westbrook.

The Thunder's lineup is expected to be bolstered by Caron Butler, as the veteran forward is set to make his debut with the team after signing Saturday. He averaged 11.0 points in 34 games for Milwaukee this season.

"I just love what this whole organization represents and I thought it would be a good fit," Butler told the team's official website. "Wherever I can fit in, whether it's off the bench, a starter, in spots, whatever the case, I just want to be a part of this movement and have my fingerprints on this team's success."
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Brandon Davies, F: Out (finger)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Oklahoma City:
    Kevin Durant, F: Probable (ankle)
    Thabo Sefalosha, G: Out (calf)
    Kendrick Perkins, C: Out (groin)

vCash
    James drops 61 last night and with KD getting to feast on us tonight i wont be surprised to see him drop 65+

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Durant will only get like 30 but he will probably be able to sit the second half.

vCash
    psht, he gets like 110 tonight, westbrook 5, thunder 2, sixers 1
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Durant could drop 40 on us tonight with only 20 FG attempts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers247 View Post
    Durant will only get like 30 but he will probably be able to sit the second half.
    30 in the first half sounds a little modest

vCash
    im saying he gets 40 easily...

vCash
    Perry jones listed as starting shooting guard

vCash
    Durant currently with 14 points with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter

vCash
    I think it is safe to say we hit 15 in a row! Scary thing is, we won those first 3 in a row to start the season. And those 4 in a row all on the road no less. If we lose say 2 of the first 3, and 3 of those 4 road games....we have what ? 10 wins, and the 1st seed in the lottery ?

vCash
    Pretty much. Turner definitely gave us a few wins with his hot streak during that road trip and the buzzer beater in Boston. We'd be atrocious without those victories and clearly have the worst record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    im saying he gets 40 easily...
    Currently has 42 points 9 rebounds 3 assists...with the 4th quarter to go i say he gets 50 then takes a seat...we shall see

vCash
    Just wondering, with a lead like this for OKC heading into the 4th quarter, if Durant plays at all in the 4th quarter, do you think that might have more to do with Lebron's game last night, and Durant wanting to get 50 + points to come close to matching his game ? Cause normally, wouldn't a smart team wanna protect their starters ? And keep them out now ?

vCash
    It looks like he is done for the night the way he was acting on the bench but if the 76ers go on a little run he may come back in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    It looks like he is done for the night the way he was acting on the bench but if the 76ers go on a little run he may come back in

I hope you are right. Cause in reality, there is no reason to play him, or Westbrook, or any other starters. If they do, watch out for that Karma thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast